Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Preaseason Prediction

TWLD Preseason Round 1

Since no one has done a prediction thread for the leagues yet, I thought I might as well start one off, and people can feel free to add their own predictions / thoughts to this.

Fierce vs Thunder

On paper this game looks like it could be a potential playoff matchup, and maybe even finals worthy, depending on who shows up during the season for both squads. Fierce, the reigning champs, look to protect their championship, but this team is a little different than last years roster. Fierce is once led again by Apok and skepsis, but RaCka, deez nuts have been inactive and I'm not sure they are gonna be effective right away. Fierce has geio, scoop, and a few other players who are gonna start / sub. Thunder, a twld powerhouse past few years is once again led by Ease, Burnt, and B4serman. The major difference I see is that they finally have a solid 4th and 5th starter by picking up Raspi, Mythril, and Beam. This squad has the most depth imo in all of ld.

Winner : Thunder 50-44

Dice vs Sweet

This game matches two squads that can make some noise in ld, once again depending on lineup. Sweet has most of its core back as last year. Riverside, Jones, Dak (recently rejoined) will look to push the tempo while they try to make this their year, however, if Riverside is going to miss playoffs like I've heard, I have my doubts that sweet will make it very far. Dice on the other hand, has usually been plagued by all its wb's leaving right before softlock, so if that happens this year, they will be in trouble. Dice will look for guero, unabled, keith, yakuza, vys, if he decides to show up, and myself to hopefully play on a high level and pull out some wins this ld.

Winner : Dice 50-47

Penetrate vs Dynasty

This is a matchup of 2 squads looking to prove themselves in ld. Penetrate last year struggled all season and sat near the bottle of the standings, however the lack of fight wasn't their undoing. This year they should be more competitive, Rasaq, Raazi, Kentaro, Sir spider will look to pull out a few wins this year and prove they belong. While Dynasty, who recently came together will try to bring back some of their magic from a few seasons ago, led by Sphinktor, let, ravage, and kthx. This squad imo will be either hit or miss all season long, most of their players tend to be very streaky.

Winner: Penetrate 50-41

Hit vs Epidemic

Hit will turn to peru, sika, and tanzu to carry the load this season for them in ld. Beyond those 3 players, there is not much depth for this squad, at least with the roster they have posted on twl site. I don't see much coming from them especially if they don't pick up a few more wbs. Epidemic is back once again and only missing one player from its Stray days. Delectable, who was on fierce last year, will lead the crew with pascone, and Paky dude, who won't have to be part of a team that can barely yield 5 (syne). The depth on this squad isn't good either however, so if they miss any of their starters, Yes im talking to you deluge, it could be a long season.

Winner: Epidemic 50-43

Asians vs Paladen

This is a matchup of squads that want to make a dent in ld this year. Last season Asians surprised a few squads and won a handful of matches. This year they will be led by jaa, harder, zagis, disappearance, and MITB and look to regain some of their confidence from last season. They have been playing together for a little bit now and have the capability of pulling off a few so called upsets. Paladen is my underdog this year, they are full of players who have played this game for a handful of years and they are very capable of winning games this year. Led by Jessup, clausehouse, duclover, and burg, they will look for some consistency this year, as they lost plenty of close games last year. They have a nice midrange attack going for them so far up to this point, and look for them to team together well.

Winner: Paladen 50-44

Someone can do lj and lb, I just wanted to start a thread so that people could give their opinions.
    Last edited by Weak; 05-04-2011, 05:25 PM.
    help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
    help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Good read as always, Cres. You put your all into it every year and always do a good job...ftrftrftrftrftrftr...wrong thread.

Comment

You should look into doing LJ thread...you do play jav and I'm sure you're familiar with some of the people and possible lines/outcomes. Since everyone else is being an evildeed...your work here is appreciated and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same with your matchup and winners, looks like fair observations. I will say, I do look forward to Cres' work more because it is more entertaining, but for people who just want to read thoughts on a match and predictions, you're the guy to go to.

Comment

thanks man, appreciate it, yeah cres's makes me laugh like no other, but no one had done any, so I thought I would help as much as I could.
        help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
        help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

well done bro
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I wont be able to make it this Sunday : ( And neither should anyone else! Its Mothers Day!
            3x TWLD All-Star
            2x TWLD Finals MVP
            2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

+1 , looking good, feeling sad for paladen to lose their topwbs
              Keith> you don't need to eat human to eat meat.
              Goddess> Keith
              Goddess> gonna eat you

We got Burg <ER> and Steak <ER>, i already told them Goddess has a huge appetite! ?go PIE -H.M.S. Stargazer

(disown)> he loved to give head

Comment

Working...
              X