TWLD Playoffs Week 1 Predictions Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Playoffs Week 1 Predictions Topic

We've got another week to wait for these games to happen... so why not do some speculating?

dicE vs Asians

Round 1: dicE 50 - Asians 38
    Round 2: Asians 50 - dicE 45
    Round 3: Dice 50 - Asians 45

Why dicE wins this overall: Dice's WB line has a pretty decent amount of depth to it. It's fair to assume that Weak and megaman89 will start, given that they played in every regular season game. An ideal line beyond that would also consist of a2m, vys and Unabled. They've also got some fairly solid backups in the form of Yakuza, Peru and Guero who, in limited appearances for Dice this season, haven't put up the best numbers in the world, but they would certainly do in a pinch. Definitely a playoff caliber lineup for sure, though, and one that should prove to be too much for Asians to overcome.

Why Asians will take a round and make it interesting: Just look at their regular season match...

http://twl.trenchwars.net/?x=showmatch&match=637.

In fact, if I recall correctly, I gave their match Game of the Week status in the Week 1 Hot or Not. Granted, it has been a while for these two teams, and while dice has thrived, Asians has struggled and barely snuck into the playoffs as the #6 seed. An upset win wouldn't surprise me at all, but at the same time, I'm not really going into this game expecting it, either. As far as the lineup for Asians goes, well, it's nowhere near as clear cut. zagis, resurrected and qpr have been their most consistent players in terms of showing up in the regular season, each having played in 6 or more games games, but beyond that, there are 7 others for ASIANS that have played in 5 games or less. I wouldn't be surprised if their line was identical to Week 1, though. They seem to think they can win this thing, and more power to them if they can do so.

Penetrate vs. Sweet

Round 1: Penetrate 50 - 40 Sweet
    Round 2: Sweet 50 - 40 Penetrate
    Round 3: Penetrate 50 - 47 Sweet

Why Penetrate wins this overall: Lineup consistency, which, incidentally, could also be Penetrate's downfall. Penetrate has pretty much nil in terms of warbird depth beyond their starters. The few people they did have either haven't shown up much (Reaver) or have straight up left the squad for a variety of reasons. Both Rasaq and Sir Spider have played in all 9 games, which includes the win over Sweet that all but secured them a playoff spot. Along with that, 3 others have played in at least 7 games (Cres, Raazi, Trasher) this season for Penetrate. They've developed a bit of chemistry here (and they've given themselves a name, too, going by the name of the former professional wrestling stable D-Generation X), and will look to try and ride that chemistry into a semi-finals matchup.

Why Sweet will take a round and make things interesting: Like Penetrate, Sweet has also had the benefit of relying on a pretty consistent lineup this year. Jones, who has produced ridiculous numbers all season long, (and has maintained a 13 kill average throughout all 9 games, effectively making him the biggest threat all season for any squad) has played in every single game, with 4 others (Dak, Engineers, Riverside, Eric Clapton) playing in at least 6 or more games. Just looking at the names, it sounds like a winning combination, but Sweet played poorly enough as a unit that they actually needed help to make the playoffs! Regardless of that, it is Sweet we're talking about. They're going to find a way to make this game competitive as well as extremely fun to watch and (for yours truly) play in.

Chime in with your predictions and thoughts! Let's get some enlightened conversations going about spaceships, shall we?
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

dice gonna find a way to get delectable on the TWL roster before the playoff games actually start. I mean, that can't be any worse than lifting his netban so he can play right?

Comment

Good predictions. My opinion:

dice will beat asians because they have more experience. 2-0

sweet will beat penetrate 2-0.

Without trying to come off as some elitist douchebag. I believe Sweet will win this game (both rounds) fairly easily. Why? I am confident in some of my players. Some have stepped up lately shown more dedication than ever. Efforts have been made to figure out our strengths and weaknesses.

Hope it's gonna be a good game though. Good luck.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
        dice gonna find a way to get delectable on the TWL roster before the playoff games actually start. I mean, that can't be any worse than lifting his netban so he can play right?
        it's almost as bad as giving him staff

great read and good job, i hope to find time to write a twlj one.
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

It's safe to say we've both got confidence in our teams, Jones. I don't see you coming off as an elitist at all, but as someone who thinks their team can win. Kinda like me. Time will tell, though. Good luck next Sunday!
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Dice in 2.
            Sweet in 2.

I would be surprised if sweet lost to pene. However, they have been a huge disappointment this season so it could possibly happen.
            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
            4:Geio> DEEZ?
            4:Geio> LOLOL
            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
            4:spirit> LOL
            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Comment

Comment

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

LOL

Comment

Comment

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Asians only have a chance if monay plays. You all ready know.
                          - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

I think that Sweet will beat Penetrate this time around, 2-0. Jones has had a monster year and is the regular season MVP imo. If they can get their guys to show, which they haven't much this year, they are threat. Jones, Dak, Riverside, Engineers, vt, spaceship etc could make a push into the semis/finals (but I believe riverside might miss a game or so?). Penetrate has had a up and down year, surprising some, but they have had a consistent core of guys play all year, and that could come up huge for them. They have a chance at upsetting Sweet, but it just depends on who shows for both sides.

I'm taking my squad, dicE to win 2-0 against Asians. The regular season week 1 matchup was 50-49 in favor of dicE but I feel like ever since then the two squads have gone in seperate directions. Asians started to lose games and had different lineups throughout the season, while dicE had a pretty good regular season and we had mostly the same line throughout so hopefully that will help us into playoffs.

good luck to everyone tho.
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

dice 2-0 over asians
                              qpr on vacation + esau in = insta-loss

sweet 2-1 over penetrate
                              pene have had a great season, and sweet has been awful, but they have the experience and riverside needs the self-validation so badly he will win with sheer determination (translation: Jones will carry him).

that said, the match-ups seem competitive and should be great to watch! good luck to all squadrons!
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X