Pre-TWL qualification stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-TWL qualification stats

Since TW is dying and Cres is back, I thought I could do the community a favour and write my first and probably last review of TWL. And because flared declared that only 8 squads per league will qualify, it's gonna be the least interesting TWL ever. Gg Fierce.

TWLD qualification:
    1. Fierce I can't seem to remember the day when Fierce wasn't on this position (yes, right, the first few days where they didn't dd cause they were arguing about some shit, but other than that they #1 all the way). I also see them in TWLD finals as they have a good squad who can rotate a lot and even with their 3rd lineup beat anybody.

Best stats (k:d ratio) so far:
    Apok 1129-823
    dak 1259-933
    Engineers 358-231
    skepsis 1198-959
    Vys 320-286
    So their line for TWL is probably gonna be: Apok, dak, Engineers, skepsis, Vys, Deez Nuts, best, rampage, havok, props, demonic, kyou (if he comes back).
    Chances of winning TWLD: 90%

2. Real
    Real a "real" force to be reckoned with and with a couple of great dd players they might surprise at the end of the season. Sure, they won a lot of dds lately, but mostly vs. lower-ranked squads like Paladen and Dependency. They lost, though, a few big ones vs. Dice, Quicksand, Penetrate and of course Fierce. But you know what they say: never say never.

Confluence 590-524
    delectable 255-190
    foreign 205-159
    Jones 494-417
    Mythril 704-497
    reaver 658-496
    scoop 489-367
    Their best bet for TWL are: Mythril (who is a beast atm), reaver, scoop, Jones, confluence, delectable, foreign, 24, Burnt (who is getting back to his old form), Mjollnir, Producer, Riksa, Rule, maybe even Tiny and Weaver.
    Chances of winning TWLD: 55%

3. Potenza
    This squad literally evolved from Exanimus, with the majority of players coming from the Netherlands. They still work great as a team and know how to team in a dd, but I honestly don't see them come out on top in the end. They are still favourites to go to the playoffs and maybe surprise one of the bigger teams like Thunder or Dice, but they won't get to the finals. I honestly hope I'm wrong.

Biet 149-139
    Harder 424-409
    Iron Survivor 916-632
    L2Kill 258-215
    okyo 702-636
    qpr 571-421
    So according to their current stats their best line should be: Iron Survivor, qpr, okyo, Harder, L2Kill, Biet, eragon, Dezmond, ratty, valve.
    Chances of winning TWLD: 60%

4. Dice
    Dice, as always, are going for a triple crown. AGAIN! Man, gotta love their persistency. Anyway, they got a lot of people with TWL medals (actually 90: WOW), but mostly in TWJD and TWBD. Nevertheless, they seem to be very competitive in all 3 leagues as they are top 5 in all of them. So I would have to say that their chances of making a triple crown are very high, yet it depends on their motivation.

Cape 415-350
    chuckle 186-144
    LaSenza 407-286
    megaman89 196-169
    weak 322-316
    welt 389-348
    So their best bet are: LaSenza, chuckle, cape, weak, welt, megaman89, a2m, Flew, wbm and waven.
    Chances of wining TWLD: 75%

5. Quicksand
    A.k.a. the most hated squad in TW thanks to Izor. I'm not saying they're a bad squad, but their behaviour: oh man. If there was a TWL for behaviour and sportsmanship, they would be below 500 points in qualification. But because there are none, they still have a pretty solid line that can catch Fierce or any other squad on a bad foot and go for gold. Khm, I hope not.

AznWuTangNinja69 258-198
    Izor 2221-1920
    kid kaos 664-598
    RaCka 337-245
    Best lineup: Izor, kid kaos, RaCka,Kyou, AznWuTangNinja69. Others, who could be subs or 2nd/3rd line: Catatstrophe, dour, killah, kthx, MITB (if he has a very good day), rly_dumb, vade, ward and even wicket666.
    Chances of winning TWL: varies from 40-70%, according to bad/good day other squads have.

6. Thunder
    The biggest disappointment for me so far. They started the qualification so good, but now they fell to the 6th spot, which is really bad. But maybe the implementing Sweet's tactic: make others think we bad, then crush them in playoffs and secure TWLD win. Ez pz. Anyhow, their line looks scary as always and I'm pretty confident they'll at least make it to the semis if not even to finals and win.

beam 224-305
    claushouse 400-491
    Ease 12-7
    flared 149-139
    hulk 321-305
    obi 165-162
    phrenitis 57-47
    Riverside 132-74
    sphinktor 285-291
    Unabled 77-63
    They haven't dd'd a lot lately, but their best line should include: Ease, Riverside (madafaka!), Unabled, beam, hulk, phrenitis, flared, obi, sphinktor, claushouse, Cres (who u), Fludd, maybe even Mattey, RageRitual and shayde.
    Chances of winning TWLD: 80%

7. Penetrate
    Penetrate were on a bad roll and just recently started playing like they should all along. With some good performances in the regular season of TWL and some extreme wins vs. top squads, they will probably make the cut again but fail right afterwards. Still, their line is ok and with some good players coming their way, they might even get to see the semis. Finals, no way. Sorry, guys.

Bacon 122-125
    desktop 345-336
    Guero 99-92
    Kentaro 162-124
    Raazi 127-90
    Rasaq 184-157
    Ricko 902-732
    spaceship 369-353
    zhou 264-246
    Best TWL lineup: Ricko, Rasaq, Guero, Raazi, Kentaro, desktop, spaceship, zhou, Bacon, Minotar,Tsumetai, Veloce.
    Chances of winning TWLD: 30%

8. Uzi
    We all knew Peru is coming back and so he made a new squad called "Uzi". He, vue and casket and almost inseperable and it was only a matter of time that they finally got together as 3 captains and started their own squad. Well, from the last few games I saw, they look like a very strong team, beating Penetrate, Thunder and even Fierce on a few occasions. Therefore, if Peru, vue, casket and CrimsonX step it up in TWL and play for real, they might even have a chance of surprising the big boys. Who knows.

Casket 783-698
    CrimsonX 145-173
    Devilish 125-130
    FST 147-141
    Keith 271-296
    Misled 218-183
    Peru 93-78
    poseidon 299-306
    siaxis 361-353
    sulfur 268-251
    Tripin 117-99
    vue 330-324
    Best line for TWL: Peru, Casket, Misled, vue, Tripin, Devilish, CrimsonX, sulfur, siaxis, FST, Devilish, poseidon, Keith, maybe even jaa, Let, mastersword, oops, physt, Ravage, reforge, RJ, Stylez and vash.
    Chances of winning TWLD: 60%

Other squads, ranked from 9 to 19:
    Juans- 14 games (8-6), Spastic- 19 games (10-9), Ancients- 44 games (28-16), Paladen- 127 games (44-83), hit- 88 games (39-49), LEGO- 29 games (11-18), T K O- 6 games (2-4), HEIST- 25 games (9-16), Dependency- 177 games (78-99), sonate- 76 games (19-57), Brainwave- 22 games (3-19).

Juans don't seem to be the type of squad interested in LD much as they are a jav squad. Still, they do work as a team in dds and would be great to see them battle vs strong teams in TWL.

Spastic is back again, and they also lack good palyers. They work good in bds, yet dds they just do a good round, a bad round and 1 which can go either way. Respect for making it so far though, they still got a little chance of qualifying.

Ancients are the type of squad that normally qualify and then don't show up to some games, which is really weird. They do have some key players who can carry a lot, but they just not ripe for TWLD atm imho.

Paladen, oh yes, Paladen. What did I say last season claus? Exactly. You were in all 3 leagues and didn't make the cut in neither. This season, Paladen almost dissolved as they were dead last with 622 points on the TWD ladder. In recent games, however, they got back some players, but again Jessup screwed everything up, left and put the burden on jebass's shoulders again. Poor grandpa.

Hit was so good last season, but now Heisman just acts stupid and lost a lot of key players because of it. They probably won't go to TWLD this year, which is a shame, but I hope they'll learn the morale of this story: never trust Heisman again. Pz.

LEGO practically doesn't seem interested in TWLD at all, and with LF gone, they don't look too good in other leagues either. Either way, they have a decent line, who could prove to be a winner in some matches in TWLD (if they qualified for it), but since they aren't, all I have to say is: oh well, gg.

T K O a.k.a. Purplereign2. It's nice to know that some people still care about this game like danyell!!! and recruit pubbers on a daily basis. There are, however, too many inexperienced players on the squad, so it's tough to qualify for such a important league as TWL. Keep it up, though, dany! TW needs you!

HEIST...heist...ye...haven't heard from them in a while in dd. They probably saw the ladder, assessed the situation and said: to hell with it, we not gonna make. Let's concentrate on other things in life like our gfs and jobs. Gotta hand it to them, though, some games they can be a very intimidating opponent, as they know what teaming, coording and rushing means.

Dependency is a squad, run by Nessy, that should most definitely go to TWL. Why? Well, first of all, they played 177 games!!!!, which is twice as much as Fierce and Real played together!!! Furthermore, they got the most wins on the TWD ladder (78), consequently most losses (99), a very good ration (0.8) and are still up there. There should be some other criteria for TWL qualifying, which I will discuss later.

Sonate also encourages pubbers to start playing TW competitively and despite some newbs calling us "trash", we still do good in dds and bds and have fun while doing it. The new people that get on such squads like Sonate should also get a chance at TWL and show their skills in real matches. I mean, TW is dying, right? So let's give the majority the chance to prove themselves while having fun doing it.

Brainwave are currently the last squad on the TWD ladder and also a fairly new one. They only played 22 games and they don't have a lot of experienced dd players on roster. Still, they manage to win some and could therefore again be granted access to TWL.

This preview was just to make you see what awaits us. Probably the stats are gonna change in the future and maybe even some other squad can make the cut before the January 15th, but all in all this is the sum up of things to come.
    Before ending this long post, I would still like to address flared's opinion of 8 squads qualifying and money's good countering. First of all, TW is dying and people should be therefore encouraged to play it as often as possible. With flared's decision that only 8 make it to TWL per league, this isn't working. In all fairness, this TWL will be only appealing to those who are really good and play this game 2+ years, but for others, pub will be the only thing happening with some wbduels and elims in between. So I suggest for next league that you make higher standars, like 12 out of 20 squads qualify or even 14, and then divide the teams in 2 groups. This way, also lower-ranked squads can make the cut and qualify for TWL, while also having the chance to advance to the playoffs. The format I suggest would be as follows:

Group 1
    #1 Squad

Group 2
    #2 Squad

Well, I hope you liked my preview of the TWL season and I wish you all good luck in the forthcoming matches. May the strays be with you!
    Last edited by mtine; 01-06-2012, 02:15 AM.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Odds of winning TWLD can't add up to more than 100%...

Comment

I was thinking that exact same thing while reading that. How does one squad have 90% chance to win while another has 60%? There's a total of 520% there.... Dunno what kinda math they're teaching these days...
      sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
      1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Bashers will bash, haters will hate, wiibimbo will post. Over and out.
        Last edited by mtine; 01-06-2012, 02:15 AM. Reason: Changed odds to chances.
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Good read...
          Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

How does changing the word odds to chances change the fact that it's just not possible?
            "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

itt pointing out mathematical retardation is "bashing" and "hating"

oh internet
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Potenza/Uzi have 60 % chance of winning twl??

You know that means if twl was held twice, that is probable that they one of them would win twld.

Also you put potenza/uzi at 60 %, while you put REAL at 55 %.

Real, imo has the highest chance of winning twld if their top line shows.

Fierce being 90 % means that they are winning twld 9 times out of 10. lolllllllllllllll -___-
                1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Why do I even bother? Meh.
                  Anyway, thanks Rasaq, always a pleasure to write such things.
                  Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Oh and btw Downfall, I really don't give a shit today cuz I just came out of hospital and am feeling shitty. So u just go ahead and shit on me all you can. Night.
                    Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

it does seem that there are enough active squads to run a second league or atleast a knockout tournament. The other squads u listed do seem to be around the same lvl so could be good competition.

Comment

op implying 4v4 twdd has anything to do with 5v5 twld

op has never played twld playoffs

good troll
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Real is the best squad in warbirds right now. There's just too much depth. The only hope other squads have is if we are gonna continue having some players inactive.

Thunder has Riverside and Ease, this will make them second, I'll explain:

Fierce has apok dak, engineers and deez nuts. Deez is very inactive this leaves them with engineers, dak and apok. Dak can't be alone playing long-range which is needed vs. Thunder. engineers can be controlled by riverside and Ease can take care of the rest, as usual.

4th is quicksand, unless they merge with fierce both of those squads are gonna be lacking starters.

The most interesting thing about this TWLD is that me, Riverside and Engi are all on different squads. Call me biased if you want. I don't care, you can refer to my ability to play last season for reference.

ps. there are no other squads. (which is why there should be 10 or more in twld)
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

re

Jones you forgetting the Eelam factor, reigning 2x LD champion.
                            TWLB Season 10 Finalist
                            TWLB Season 11 Finalist

TWLJ Season 12 Champion
                            TWLD Season 12 Champion
                            TWLD Season 14 Champion
                            TWLD Season 16 Champion

Comment

What happened in the other seasons? Fail
                              (Children)>hunted for life
                              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment