TWLD Recap: Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Recap: Round 2

I apologize if some of these are not very detailed, but there were a few exciting games this weekend - there wasn't a single blowout win.

Lego vs. Penetrate:
    Lego Starters: Baffling/Esau/Let/Murder/Morph
    Penetrate Starters: Chuckle/Creature/Desktop/Rasaq/Ricko
    Penetrate pulled a pretty solid victory led by Creature (12-7), Rasaq (14-10), and Ricko (14-5). Lego didn't seem to regroup very well and was picked off by the aggressive mid-range/rush of Penetrate. Baffling, Let, and Murder held their own, while Morph and Esau had to be subbed rather quickly. Good teaming effort on Penetrate's part, I definitely see them making the playoffs with their new additions this season.

Hit vs. Potenza:
    Hit Starters: Abducted, Golden Duck, Lasenza, Paky Dude, Welt
    Penetrate Starters: Tarnish, Iron Survivor, L2Kill, Okyo, Qpr
    Unfortunately for the the up-and-coming Potenza led by Iron Survivor (14-10), Hit pulled a pretty close victory, led by Golden Duck (11-8), Lasenza (11-7), and Welt (11-8). It seems like Tarnish had some lag issues and had to be subbed in by Harder, who didn't have his best game this weekend. Apart from that, Potenza's scores were pretty even across the board. A tough loss, but it seems you guys are handling TWL pretty well and will adjust to deal against the spread-out-hit-and-run style of Hit.

Spastic vs. Dice:
    Spastic Starters: L3MU3L, Magnetic, Money, Pure_Luck, Zagis
    Penetrate Starters: Best, Cape, High Templar, Vys, Waven
    I didn't get to see this game in person, but I'm surprised that Spastic held their own despite not caring too much about this league. A good effort by Zagis (12-10) was offset by an impressive performance by Best (15-9, thank me later for those tips ) and vys (11-4). I fully expected Dice to win this, and make a playoff run especially if delectable becomes active.

Fierce vs. Quicksand:
    Fierce Starters: Apok, Dak, Deez Nuts, Engineers, Skepsis
    Quicksand Starters: Izor, Kthx, Kyou, Racka, Siaxis
    These last two games featured much stronger lineups and gave us a taste of the playoffs, as both games were fairly close until late-game. QS started with a quick warping and an aggressive push. Both teams had pretty solid teaming (always saw at least 3-4 teammates on radar) and the score was like 31-30 or something at one point. Apok seemed to have lag troubles and Geio was able to come in with an impressive sub (9-5). Dak (11-7) and Engineers (12-5) did some solid sniping and mid-ranging to pull out the win (Deez are you done dying out). Izor (14-10) did a good job staying alive until late game, and the Racka/Kyou combo was pretty solid. Subbing out Kthx and Siaxis seemed to take out the momentum of QS, and Fierce managed to control the late game. QS is now 0-2, but should still make the playoffs if they figure out their 4th/5th (kid kaos active would be great)

Thunder vs. Real:
    Thunder Starters: Cres, Crimsonx, Ease, Vt, Unabled
    Real Starters: Burnt, Jones, Reaver, Scoop, Weaver
    Easily the match of the week, Thunder proved that Riverside's presence is not needed even against an all-star-like lineup of veterans. A very impressive performance by Cres (13-8), backed up by Ease (11-9) and Vt (11-8, logs on like once a month) took care of business this weekend. The game was very close (24-24ish), with Weaver (finished 18-10) shooting 20 bullets a minute. Scoop being subbed out, followed by Geisha being subbed out left Mythril with 1 death, not much to work with. Reaver and Burnt held their own, but it is all too clear now that Jones (3-10) needs to adjust his playing style without Riverside to lure for him this season.

Hot: Weaver despite the tough loss

Not: Really don't feel like vsing anybody other than riverside.
    Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
    7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
    7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
    7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
    7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
    7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
    (Cres)> its like they have no other food

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

would like 2 give credit 2 many ppl b/c all-stars arent made overnight:
      riverside: gr8 mentoring
      hulk/ease: chance 2 start vs line of 20 year experienced twl vets
      sir spider: he birdman am lil wayne
      baffling: guy boost confidence b4 game
      tobe: dunno who dis guy is but he good luck charm cuz he predict me mvping
      thunder spectators: nigs went crazy everytime i fk someone

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

cres 2 gr8
        i like 2 wear my undies until dey become brown hehe!!

Comment

1:Rasaq> this guy left us out...
          1:Raazi> ?
          1:Coroner> ?
          1wight> ?
          1:Cres> ? raazi is drake
          1wight> y DX become YMCMB
          1:Rasaq> who am i then?
          1:Cres> Nicki Minaj
          1:Rasaq> ..................................................
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
            I said anything less than 20-2 would still be disappointing. Why you disappoint me?
            :yawn:

Comment

blah, just as I was about to post mine. I only really disagree with two of the writeups so ill c/p

Hit vs Potenza

This was the one game I would have guessed wrong going into the weekend. Potenza jumped out to an early, huge lead in this game and seemed to be firing on all cylinders. Then, Tarnish lagged out +1. Twice. By the time Potenza subbed in Harder, they were still nursing an ez 20-9 lead. Whatever changed between Tarnish and Harder for the team, it must have been huge. It didnt seem like Potenza could get anything going from that point on. At one point, Harder was spawned 1v4 3 times in a row en route to a 1-8 supersub. Iron Survivor seemed unable to grasp the concept of evenly dying, and repeatedly abandoned his high death teammates so he might get an extra kill at their expense. Gotta give credit for pulling this out I guess but this was more of a loss for Potenza than a comeback for Hit.

Final score: Hit - 50 Potenza - 42

Thunder vs Real

Riverside must have been pretending to have a real life for this game, so Thunder fielded what looked to be like a mediocre lineup vs the best Real had to offer up. Unfortunately for anyone stuck in spec watching this game, both squads decided to forgo their TWLD matchup to play Battleship. The whole match was lob after lob, with both sides seemingly petrified of being on the same screen as their opponents. Jones and the vicious scoop/geisha/mythril combo ended up dying out 3-10 right after one another around the 10 minute mark, but sadly the game was far from over. Weaver tried in vain to put up a fight with his superior straying ability. In the end though, he only ended up padding his stats a bit with an 18 kill performance.

Final score: Thunder 50 - Real 45

Hot of the week: Engineers - lagging through bullets head on or not that 12-5 put Fierce over the top in a pretty big early season game.

Honorable mention: Weaver (18-10), Best (15-9), Geio (9-5 sub), all of Hit for that comeback, Ricko (14-5)

Not of the week: Tarnish (3-0 +2), Harder (1-8) - More on Harder's inability to do anything than Tarnish going 3-0 before he had connection issues. Should probably get that worked on though. Took a 10+ point lead and made the team squander it.

Honorable mention: Iron Survivor (try not being on 0 when your teammates die out), Kthx (4-8), siaxis (2-6), Jones (3-10), scoop (1-6)
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

warbird is the hardest ship ever

Comment

how is cres not considered hot of this week? guy went 13-8 with like 3-4 KO's (from what I've heard). he came out of nowhere, everyone expected him to do poorly but he led his team to victory.

ma boi cres <3

Comment

Cres with fluke of the century.
                    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                    3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19 View Post
                      Cres with fluke of the century.
                      stfu newbie

Comment

phrenewbitis is that u

Comment

Love you so much Peddavenkama Raju Ratnakaram of Puttaparthi xoxx
                          THUNDER
                          SK8
                          कुछ कुछ होता है
                          kuch kuch hota hai

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                            would like 2 give credit 2 many ppl b/c all-stars arent made overnight:
                            riverside: gr8 mentoring
                            hulk/ease: chance 2 start vs line of 20 year experienced twl vets
                            sir spider: he birdman am lil wayne
                            baffling: guy boost confidence b4 game
                            thunder spectators: nigs went crazy everytime i fk someone

remind me never to give u tips again. guy can't even give me credit when its due. fkin no more tips 4 u

Comment

LOOOOOOOOL creature r u done

Riverside> please dont mention creature next to my name or im never talking to you again

hands tied sorry brah

Comment

Working...
                              X