Rules are Rules but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules are Rules but...

If you're on a squad that's in TWL and it dissolves and now you can't play TWL, you either subscribe to: 1) tough luck, rules are rules no TWL for those players or 2)you can look at TWL and say, rules are rules, but we're not a corporation and we can make changes and adapt to situations, and it makes sense to let these people play in TWL. I'm not here to make a poll or try and get the majority of the people to agree with #2, I'd rather just say that #2 makes far more sense for this game and its situation.

Those players couldn't foresee their squad dissolving, maybe they could foresee their squad not doing well in TWL but plenty of squads have taken a thrashing and stuck through TWL.

Those players are active and were planning on playing in TWL in some capacity, by essentially removing them from TWL you're removing their interest in TWL, or at least a portion of their interest. Do we really need to discourage people from playing?

I could go on but I hope our TWL ops subscribe to the philosophy that changing rules where it very much makes sense to do so, even on the fly, is perfectly fine...I know when PH ran TWL he did what was logical and that's far more powerful than creating 100 pages of rules.
    Last edited by Reaver; 03-04-2012, 04:37 PM.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

cool
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

lool

Comment

who dissolved?

i am so out of touch.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

ya who dissolved

Comment

is real gonna dissolve or something????
            GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

when a squad drops out of TWL, the lock rules still apply to their players. usually drop outs occur much later in the season so with ancients dropping out after only the 2nd week of regular season it makes the situation that much more shitty.

the only people this really effected were the five players (Andy Steel, Damaging, exe, trouble, via) who played in the week 1 twlj game because the other ancients players would still have had until hard lock to find a new squad. i know that only having 2 hours between ancients dissolving and soft lock to find a new squad isn't much, but the thing that bothers me about this is that andy steel and trouble didn't join real until 10 days after the fact. i may have made an exception given the circumstances, but if there were questions about eligibility it should have been brought up right away
              Gun remembers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
                  when a squad drops out of TWL, the lock rules still apply to their players. usually drop outs occur much later in the season so with ancients dropping out after only the 2nd week of regular season it makes the situation that much more shitty.

the only people this really effected were the five players (Andy Steel, Damaging, exe, trouble, via) who played in the week 1 twlj game because the other ancients players would still have had until hard lock to find a new squad. i know that only having 2 hours between ancients dissolving and soft lock to find a new squad isn't much, but the thing that bothers me about this is that andy steel and trouble didn't join real until 10 days after the fact. i may have made an exception given the circumstances, but if there were questions about eligibility it should have been brought up right away
                  If you think that it makes the most sense to have people that were planning on playing TWL to sit by without the opportunity to play then I've got nothing left to say about the issue. I figured it'd be a no-brainer to consider players that were in a dissolved/resigned TWL squad as never having been on a TWL squad for the season. Of course maybe captains of a squad might need to be disallowed from doing this (otherwise they might have a plan to feed/dissolve and then join a different squad they always intended to join).
                  1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                  3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                  3:Best> see it coming
                  3:Best> sad

Comment

Reaver is right. They couldn't help that their captains were douche bags...I am sure nobody would mind them joining another TWL squad. RiP PH

Comment

Trouble is a pretty big addition to real's spid lineup , so I think some people might care, not that I myself care.
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

As much as i love opposing the rules on this game, I don't think these players should be allowed to join other squads. It always sucked when we were disqualified from TWL as a member of Syne, but we knew what we were getting ourselves into. We are heading into week 5 here and I think ancients dissolved week 2. Also the fact that 2 weeks passed without them communicating to twl staff hinders this issue. Letting those players join the replacement squad would have been a more viable option.

I agree that it sucks to hold back twl players from playing this year due to unfortunate circumstances and that a rule should be placed about this for next twl. But letting them do this now would/might cause problems down the road in this season. What if some other squad dissolves week 6 and players demand to be placed on other squads?
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

cris u make sum gud points congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                            Trouble is a pretty big addition to real's spid lineup , so I think some people might care, not that I myself care.
                            I dont even know who that is, but if he happens to be an impact player it changes the dynamics of this season. Squads have dissolved many times during twl so its nothing new. A rule should definitely be made to address this for future twls. Reaver probably means well here by trying to help out those players, but the possibility of him trying to improve/tweak reals basing line also exists.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Before one enters the esteemed TWL tournament of champions, one must ask oneself: Is this squad so shitty that it is likely to dissolve in the next 3 months? if the answer falls into the affirmative, all possible action must be taken toward leaving the squad and joining one that may not win TWL, but at least it will last until it is over. If you can't decide whether or not the captains of your squad have the deep down desire and engrained commitment to stick it out and play those 10 games before calling it quits and ending the squad altogether, then it's already too late, you're already fucked. Concurrently, I am almost certain PH would take the time to tell you how lackluster your captains abilities at forming squad cohesion are and relate to you that if you want to retain your wavering interest in future TWL competitions, to choose more carefully who you rely upon when squad death is on the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X