Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Hot or Not - Week 4

Real vs Potenza

After a huge day last week vs Thunder, Potenza figured to be coming into this game full of steam against a Real squad that doesnt ever really show their best wb's. It started off looking as though Potenza was going to have a chance by seeing the lineups of both squads. Then the game started. Potenza's wbs seemed to be flying into strays at every opportunity given to them. I dont think I've ever seen a game between 2 lobbing squads ended so quickly. On a quick side note to Potenza...why do you add Harder? The guys like 1-13 in TWL so far. You must have more stable options somewhere.

Final score: Real 50 - Potenza 29

Spastic vs Penetrate

There is literally nothing to write about any of Spastic's games so I'm not even going to bother trying. Pene seemed to enjoy their bye week.

Final score: Spastic 30 - Penetrate 50

Fierce vs Hit

Fierce decided to let their backup players get some PT. They weren't taking Hit as too much of a joke since they didnt add 'Ruby,' but still Geio and SwimKid really can't be taken seriously. In Hit's defense, despite the final score, they were actually in this game early when it was 17-15 Fierce's favor. Hard to tell what happened to them after that point. In spec someone made the comment 'golden duck isnt on vent hes gonna get axed.' LaSenza was unavailable for comments after the game.

Final score: Fierce 50 - Hit 28

Quicksand vs Dice

This was one of two back to back "Traitor Bowls" for QS with delectable's/Volcom's new squad this week and Raazi's next week. Izor started off hot dropping a hard 8-1, although that only managed to keep the score tied. As things slowed down a bit, Dice decided it was in their best interest to start running from QS's overpowering teaming. The score remained within 5 most of the game until Cape crapped out on Kyou's bullet. From that point on it was pretty much cleaning up the rest of the trash. Props to FST for not only staying in on 9, but getting 5 kills as well.

Final score: Quicksand 50 - Dice 39

Thunder vs LEGO

Thunder decided to let Riverside get some rest and add some other players figuring LEGO wasn't the toughest competition in the league. That strategy almost proved to be their undoing, as LEGO jumped out to a double digit lead going into the middle portions of the game. By the time it really sunk in that they were about to get newbed, Ease was 0-8 and CrimsonX was the only one really putting forth a decent effort. A spawnkill on his 9th death got Ease off the snide and seemed to turn the pace for Thunder, as they fell back into the same lobbing type style that won them their game vs Real. LEGO tried as a team to push, but just aren't experienced enough to pull that type of offense off. jaa dying out early with his team up 4 and Murder suiciding on 9 are pretty inexcusable mistakes that really let Thunder come back in the game and have control. Those mistakes are something LEGO didnt make against QS and will need to continue not making if they hope to follow through with any more upsets this season.

Final score: Thunder 50 - LEGO 44

Hot of the week: Izor (16-7) - Huge delivery to get QS back to .500 after starting the season stumbling

CrimsonX (18-9) - Someone had to try against LEGO, and good thing you did. Ease sure as hell wasnt going to.

Not of the week: qpr/Harder (1-5/0-5) Other things were at play here like okyo going 3-10 and blatantly shooting at Iron Survivor, but these 2 wbs have been sucking for a few weeks now. Harder being the worst offender going 1-13 in his last 2 appearances.

Honorable mention: jaa (6-10), Murder (14-10, suicided on 9 like a newbie), vys (5-10), Spastic (why are you in LD?)

Interview of the week: In a new feature for me, I decided to sit down with Thunders former rookie of the year Cres after their big comeback win against LEGO.

Code:
    :Cres:you guys were down pretty big and with Ease 0-8 at one point, did you feel like you were going to really lose to LEGO?
    (Cres)>yes i had no hope left when i saw ease 3-9
    (Cres)>but then i saw crimsonx was 11-6
    (Cres)>and our team started to cheer us on LOL
    (Cres)>i started out 0-3 then slowly built up to 3-6
    (Cres)>crimson was doing damage while vt and una stayed constant
    (Cres)>and riverside told me at that point to push b/c i had low deaths
    (Cres)>so i started pushing and ended up with 4 KO's
    :Cres:there were high expectations for you after previously winning the rookie of the year title...how relieving was it for you when you hit a double kill late that really sealed the comeback for Thunder?
    (Cres)>lol well after going 13-8 vs real then failing vs potenza i still felt i had something to prove this game 
    (Cres)>but i cant take credit for this win
    (Cres)>was a group effort that got it done
    :Cres:I just looked at the scheudle and see you have Fierce next week...do you have any thoughts about going into that big game?
    (Cres)>i most likely wont start if river can play
    (Cres)>but i do think that we should start caring and "practicing" more
    (Cres)>we lost to potenza and barely beat lego so we really need to get our shit together
    (Cres)>our starters dont dd at all during the week while fierce starters texting each other on daily basis
    :Cres:Alright, thank you for your time and enjoy TW!
    Last edited by Izor; 03-04-2012, 10:36 PM.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

shoutouts to murder...guy has been beasting for lego every game and played well
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

hi this is dwight

here are some funny pictures to recap twld season 16 week 4 hot or not

Real vs Potenza

in this picture, we see harder getting subbed in only to get dunked on hard by scoop

Penetrate vs Spastic

in this picture, pure luck cowers in fear as the might of ricko comes 'bear'ing down on him, tee hee!

Fierce vs hit

in this picture, we see big queen lasenza gearing up to hit his finisher when suddenly he is forced to suck on deez nuts

Quicksand vs dice

in this picture, izor jumps into his victory pose (note: image is missing 'QUICKSAND WINS' and 'FATALITY' graphics. will be added in post production)

Thunder vs LEGO

in this picture, the entire squad of lego is represented by one man and his quest to actually deliver a knockout blow

hot goes to crimsonx for being such a boss

not goes to lego for one of the biggest chokes in the history of our sport

^_^
      Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM. Reason: nobody else needs to see somebody probably die
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Did I just watch someone die?
        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

probably
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

"Other things were at play here like okyo going 3-10 and blatantly shooting at Iron Survivor, but these 2 wbs have been sucking for a few weeks now."

Last week okyo went 17-5 or something vs thunder , i went 8-2 and still 9-10 this week.. Yea wanst our best performance , but real had a nice lineup and they were very agressive.
            About qpr he isnt doing very good lately in ld , but still has all of my trust.
            And i really dont care if we lose all games from now on , its our first twl togheter and we doing good .. who know what expect us next leagues.

sorry about the bad english
            TWLD 2016 Champion
            TWDTD champion x 3
            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Well you fail at reading comprehension. I meant qpr and harder have been sucking the past few weeks. I thought it was obvious when you look at the next sentence too.

Comment

I don't need you to take me seriously Don't even think you will make playoff's. Didn't I come in as a sub and go 9-5 While half your roster was straight line rushing me? cool story bro!

Comment

Well thats cool, cause come playoffs no one will really have to worry about you

Comment

I like how I'm a bear, thanks spider! And wtf to watching someone die...ruined my cereal just now.
                    Lego - wtf was that choke, honestly one of the worst if not THE worst choke I can think of in twld. Oh and congratulations to Ease for his stellar re-entry into the 0-6 club
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Quicksand is a great squad with great players )

Comment

shits gettin heated.

Who's cRacKa like more? geio or izor.

Go

Comment

you know that gif of someone probably dying is in poor taste. i'm going to go replace it with a better one that doesnt ruin peoples meals

and done
                          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                            shits gettin heated.

Who's cRacKa like more? geio or izor.

Go
                            this a gr8 question
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

IDK racka dissapeare'd off the map. Guy doesn't text me anyone for them convo's ((

Comment

Working...
                              X