TWLD Season 16 Week 6 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 16 Week 6 Hot or Not

I'm the go to guy for this again, and probably will be for the rest of this season. So let's kick the tires, light the fires, and get some hots and nots going on!

Penetrate vs. Dice
    50 - 42
    MVP: Ricko!

Our old friend qpr said that Dice should take this game, as Penetrate was getting cocky from lucky wins, and that Rasaq wasn't a WB at all. While the second point may still be debatable, Penetrate gets another "lucky win", topping Dice by 8. All in all, this was a pretty good match to watch. A fair amount of back and forth in this one, but in the end, Ricko (14-4) proved to simply be too hard to take down. While dice did put up some solid scores led by Megaman89 (11-10), they couldn't make up for a2m's terrible start and LF unleashing his inner park ranger as a sub. Penetrate is continuing to look strong on their march to the playoffs.

TL;DR Here's Ricko at the Penetrate afterparty. He gets all the girls.

Real vs. Fierce (Co-Game of the Week)
    44 - 50
    MVP: Apok!

This was a battle, folks. A pretty fun back and forth war to watch until it all came crashing down at the end to a 4 on 1 shellacking of Burnt to end the game, anyhow. Apok and Engineers (13-9 each) share the MVP honors here, but perhaps this game has a different outcome if Burnt's not alone for the last few minutes. What that says about Real, I'll let you decide. Reaver's 13-10 stands out for Real as a beacon of light and hope in the game, but once again Jones (4-10) has another miserable outing to hinder Real's chances. Fierce moves to 6-0 on the season, and will be looking to lock up the #1 seed and a first round bye in the coming weeks.

TL;DR Reaver shows his disgust when he realizes that he has to play with Jones again.

Potenza vs. Lego
    50 - 45
    MVP: Iron Survivor!

While I didn't watch this game personally, I got a first hand report that went something like this: Potenza took an early lead, with Iron Survivor (15-7) leading the way once again. Lego managed to crawl their way back late, no doubt with Murder (16-10) being their knight in shining armor. However, as has become the norm for this squad, Lego just wasn't able to seal the deal. It's sad to watch and hear about, really, but if they stick around for another season and work out the kinks, they could actually be contenders. Props to qpr for getting subbed out again.

TL;DR Murder starts to muscle Potenza around, but Iron Survivor puts him in his place.

Quicksand vs. hit (Co-Game of the Week)
    46 - 50
    MVP: LaSenza!

This game. Ohhh man. When Izor excitedly proclaimed that Quicksand "finally had WBs online", it certainly seemed to also say "This is going to be a blowout." We certainly didn't get that, though. Instead, we got probably the best game of the week, although it shares that honor. Props to qpr for calling this one right on the TWL site, btw. (hint: he didn't) Hit actually held a tiny lead throughout most of this game, with Paky Dude (11-10 finish) starting off strong to help them out. Cue cloth lagging out, and the momentum changes a bit. QS took over the lead (I believe they lead by 6 or 7 at one point) and were looking to put it away, when they seemed to get hit with the Lego virus. Their shots just stopped working out for them. Racka (8-10) went out. Hotkarl4u went out (1-4, subbed in for Weak's 1-6). Suddenly, we're down to Kyou (13-10) and Izor (17-10). Kyou goes down, and from then, it's all Hit, as Lasenza (20-8) and welt (10-8) finish the job. Props to Ventrilo for being a greatpiece of VoIP software, and to hit's Ventrilo server for being clutch in their time of need.

TL;DR I caught some footage of Izor after the match. Here it is.

Spastic vs. Thunder
    38 - 50
    MVP: CrimsonX!
    MVP in my heart: beam!

The last match of the week was the weekly tradition of Spastic losing, as Thunder beat them by 12, and I even got to play! Holy shit! Thunder did their share of dicking around at the beginning, although they actually got away with it this time. Ease (5-5) got subbed out for Dwight (1-1) (shameless self promotion) as I had a clutch as fuck sub! Anyhow, the real story was CrimsonX (17-9) and beam (15-7) taking it to Spastic, who actually played a pretty decent game, all things considered, with Zagis (14-10) being their star for the week. Thunder is 4-2 and, barring a royal screwup, should make the LD playoffs with relative ease.Also, shoutout to struck for his 1-0 ace. Couldn't have done it without him.

TL;DR here's Beam laying the smackdown on Oops.

Hot of the Week: LaSenza (20-8)!
    Honorable Mentions: CrimsonX (17-9), beam (15-7), Apok/Engineers (13-9), Izor (17-10)

People give LaSenza a lot of crap. And, yeah, he probably deserves some of it. But a ridiculous performance like this one should silence a lot of critics. I'll give credit where credit is due and say Good Job!

Not of the Week: Weak/hotKarl4U (combined 2-10)
    Dishonorable Mentions: a2m (1-6, subbed out), Jones (4-10)

Hot and Not of the Week, at least in my writeups, tend to come in the same game a lot. When QS needed a win big time, they couldn't get it, and this combo is probably the biggest reason why.

We're 66% of the way through TWL.

Week 7 will feature

dice vs LEGO
    Penetrate vs hit
    Potenza vs Fierce
    Quicksand vs Thunder
    Real vs Spastic

See you all in the Trenches!

-Big Dwight
    Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM.
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

y not seeing harder do HoN drive dwight 2 do it
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Fierce's picture should be me giving Burnt the finger followed by the stone cold stunner. Afk.

Comment

am acer.
        THUNDER
        SK8
        कुछ कुछ होता है
        kuch kuch hota hai

Comment

sir pull a huge dik move this week all i have 2 say
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
            sir pull a huge dik move this week all i have 2 say
            Amen

Comment

glad you see it meno

Comment

why yes

i do have a huge dick

thanks for noticing!
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

My first LD appearance in 9 seasons, cud u work my name in there somewhere, plz and ty
                  1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                  Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

I dedicate my mvp on mother's day to my dearest mother, I couldn't have done it without her
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                      I dedicate my mvp on mother's day to my dearest mother, I couldn't have done it without her
                      Jesus christ why do you scare me like that

Comment

LOL I HAD TO GOOGLE WHEN MOTHERS DAY WAS TOO.......god ricko you're a fgt for that

sum1 remove him from HoN 4 this
                        Last edited by Crescent Seal; 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: ted mosby'd

Comment

it was mother's day in the UK yesterday!
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

i made the not of the week.

neat

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Fuck euros