TWLD Season 16 Week 8 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 16 Week 8 Hot or Not

If a forum mod can change the 7 in the title to an 8, it would be MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks! done. - j

No GIFs. It's late. I'm tired. I don't feel like Googling and browsing /r/gifs at the moment.

I saw one game today. Then I left to watch half naked guys grapple for 4 and a half hours. Fun!

Quicksand vs. Real
    39 - 50
    MVP: Burnt!

Real made a real statement about their future today, knocking QS out of playoff contention with an 11 point victory. Burnt, of course, didn't really see any sort of danger in this match, as QS's line really couldn't pressure them at all (They did have dour and HotKarl in, after all). Jones (5-10) is back to his usual ways, as he didn't have the luxury of playing in the free win game this time around, but it didn't seem to matter much against a team that can get their starters to show up every day but the one that counts. Ah well.

LEGO vs. Fierce
    31 - 50
    MVP: Skepsis!

Now on to the games I didn't get to see thanks to Wrestlemania. LEGO suffers a thorough bitch-slapping by the still undefeated Fierce, as they pick up the biggest blowout victory of the week. It was the Apok and Skepsis show today, as they both dropped 14s and 6s to grab over half of the kills, while Geio (4-9) was kinda just there. Maybe he had some sick lures or something! Murder (13-10) bounced back from an off week, and Coroner was nowhere to be found after dropping bombs last week. He would've looked good in that Esau/Rendered spot (1-4, 2-6). Oh well. In two weeks, LEGO should pick up their 2nd and final win of the season. If they don't, they finish dead last.

hit vs. dicE
    32 - 50
    MVP: LF!

The park ranger's star shines brightly for dicE today, as they pick up a needed victory to keep their playoff chances alive. I think LF (18-5) may have had an inside man in hit's Vent server, as he made them look worse than Sheamus made Daniel Bryan look. (I'm still crying inside over that. It was a world title match for crying out loud!) Not much to note beyond that about this game, although from what I hear, welt (8-10) stayed true to his nature and made some hilariously bad shots while attached to a wall. Thanks to Rasaq for pointing that out to me...

Penetrate vs Thunder (Game of the Week)
    46 - 50
    MVP: Creature!

...and thanks to Rasaq for pointing out a few things about this one as well. In typical Thunder fashion, we're the guys you want to see, as this one came down to the wire, but Thunder wins by 4 to hold a potential 2nd place tiebreaker. Peru (3-9 to 7-10)'s quick bounce (although Casket went out slightly faster at 6-10) was too much for Creazzi (14-10 and 12-10) to make up for. Props to Ease (9-8) for a 6-1 run to make that score possible, and big byakko and saetep (14-10 and 8-4 to 12-10) for being Thunder all stars today.

Code:
    Rasaq: thunder's garbage line won 50-46

Potenza vs. Spastic
    50 - 32
    MVP: Tarnish!

Despite being the free win for Potenza (which they did claim by a whole 18 points!), okyo and qpr managed to still do badly enough to get subbed out. Good job, guys! Tarnish (16-7) made up for those slackers and padded his stats with a fine MVP. Humid (12-10) was a ray of sunshine in a thunderstorm for Spastic, as their best chance for a win will be in two weeks. I triple dog dare you guys to beat LEGO. Do it. Do it for Dwight! Do it for the people! Do it for Trench Wars!

Hot of the Week: LF!
    Honorable Mentions: Ease (6-1 comeback to 9-8 finish), Tarnish (16-7), Creazzi (14-10, 12-10), byatep (14-10, 12-10), Apoksis (sweet pair of 14-6s bro)

The guys on Thunder were a really close runner-up for this, but I think an 18-5 speaks for itself when Dice absolutely needed a win. Thunder's in the playoffs no matter what before their game, so while it matters for positioning, it's less of an impact. Good show, LF.

Not of the Week: Peru and Casket's quick exits.
    Dishonorable Mentions: Quicksand's other starters (for not showing up on Sundays)

Let's not kid ourselves here. This was the close game of the week, and had they stayed in any longer, this could be an entirely different writeup. While there were plenty of other bad scores (and boy was I tempted to talk about qpr again) (not), this one takes the cake.

See things differently? Feel free to post and add to this, as it definitely feels a bit incomplete by my standards for having not been there for 80% of these matchups.

There is no TWL next Sunday due to some holiday about bunny rabbits, candy, and some Mexican guy coming back from the dead. You guys have crazy traditions.

3 teams are vying for the last 2 playoff spots in two weeks. Keep an eye on

hit vs Thunder
    dice vs Fierce
    Potenza vs Quicksand

There's also two games that don't really matter as much for getting in the playoffs (although one does matter for seeding purposes!)

LEGO vs Spastic
    Penetrate vs Real

See you all on the 15th!

Big Dwight
    Last edited by Jason; 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM. Reason: fixed thread title
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

yo thanks for the write up and especially the part about there being no tea-double u - elle next week

I would have had no fucking clue lol.

Good write up and u 4got to mention harder's impact sub of 3-2 (First positive score of the season by the way, oh baby) #watchoutforhardon

Comment

Where is LJ, tsu :P
      (Children)>hunted for life
      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

hue

Comment

good write up! i managed to avoid my yearly NOT section appearance, ill try to make up for it next week with a qpr-like performance vs. spastic!
          top 100 basers list

Comment

9-8 gets an honorable mention? You shameless suck up.

Comment

lol @ burnt

lol @ claus

and only reason qpr went negative is because he was playing one handed ez-pz

qpr best consistent player in all of potenza KTHX

Comment

this still not over yet?

Comment

oh twl still happens

Comment

Surprised I haven't seen quicksand crying all over this thread

Edit: and burnt is right haha
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                    4:Geio> DEEZ?
                    4:Geio> LOLOL
                    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                    4:spirit> LOL
                    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Dishonorable mention to Real for not beating QS harder.
                      Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 04-04-2012, 02:01 AM.
                      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Do what now, suck up?

Comment

Originally posted by Harder View Post
                          lol @ burnt

lol @ claus

and only reason qpr went negative is because he was playing one handed ez-pz

qpr best consistent player in all of potenza KTHX
                          Kthx isn't even in and his thread ur obsessed u shrimp

Comment

Starting a shark squad after TWL if anybody is interested except zidane
                            1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                            Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by menomena View Post
                              Kthx isn't even in and his thread ur obsessed u shrimp
                              I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

kthx is a saying not the person, the saying was part of popular culture since 2003-04 when I was 13 K THX nooblet.

Comment

Working...
                              X