High Idea (to make people active)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miku19 View Post
    Some people might realize they won't be able to start on the squad they've been on, and wanting to play TWL they'd like to join another squad where they can actually make the lineup. Instead of encouraging people to switch squads to play, this will only worsen the way people get stuck into squads and narrow the competition even more. The problem isn't people changing squads, it's not having enough squads to choose from.
    some players don't give a shit about playing- they just want to have a ring.

Comment

Amateur League: Any players playing in pub rostered to any squad with 12 or more players actively playing on that squad ranked from 1-20 or more by most kills, least deaths, best rating, most flag games played/win, etc. Top 16 thrown into playoff bracket. Winners automatically qualify for TWL position.

Not only are you exposing league play to new players in pub, but it's easy to join in on (just join a squad with 12 or more players and start playing pub) and you can do anything you like whenever you like so as long as the TW-Pub bot is running and recording stats.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaRaazi View Post
        ??? dont think you understand the point of this, its to stop players from afking all season and showing up only to play a few twl games, if people wanna play twl, they have to play in twd, simple. And as for the "stopping squadhoppers" rule, that was more of a joke but it would def stop squadhoppers
        'A' for effort, 'F' for practicality.

First, who decides how many games one has to play to be eligible for TWL?
        Secondly, you're making an assumption that everyone has loads of free time on their hands. While many probably do, not everyone can just waste months of "twd'ing" just to qualify for TWL...hell, some people only show up to a few TWL games. The number of TWL eligible players will indubitably decrease....which means, the end to TWL will come that much quicker. Plus, why even force people to play more TWD games in the first place?

The real problem lies in the fact that certain squads are always stacked, possessing what could be 2-4 quality quads from their TWD/TWL rosters alone. People join stacked squads to improve their chances of getting a medal.

What you could do is enforce a rule that requires people on TWL squads to play a certain number of games (it could be based on an individual league, or all leagues combined) in TWL in order to qualify for potentially winning a medal (i.e., if one's squad wins TWLD, only those who played in a certain number of TWLD games that season would win a medal). That way, you prevent those from trying to win TWL medals by benching on stacked squads....the only problems are deciding the number of games needed to be played (at minimum) to qualify for a medal, and how to convince semi-active TWL players to adopt such a rule.

Comment

Or give TWL winners a cash prize in the end.
          1$ or 3$ entry per player to play. Who doesn't have 1$ to spend? The pool money goes to the winners of each league.
          Add up all the money TWLD players gave in, thats the prize for TWLD. Same thing with LJ and LB.

1 League players 1$
          2 League 2$
          3 League 3$

BOOM
          Last edited by Efhat; 05-03-2012, 01:57 AM.
          FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
          SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
          TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
          #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
            First, who decides how many games one has to play to be eligible for TWL?

Secondly, you're making an assumption that everyone has loads of free time on their hands. While many probably do, not everyone can just waste months of "twd'ing" just to qualify for TWL...hell, some people only show up to a few TWL games. The number of TWL eligible players will indubitably decrease....which means, the end to TWL will come that much quicker. Plus, why even force people to play more TWD games in the first place?
            Who decides how many games u have to play? ...jesus

"Secondly", if somebody has the free time to show for a scheduled game, they probably have the free time to play a few unscheduled matches within the span of however many months qualifications lasts. It doesn't take "months" to twd. To me it seems that playing twd is a chore to you, if that's the case, i don't see why you deserve to play twl.

Why force people to play more twd games? So that people play more twd games.

Comment

Anyone know why lag killer is talking about quality quads in a subspace thread

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
                Or give TWL winners a cash prize in the end.
                1$ or 3$ entry per player to play. Who doesn't have 1$ to spend? The pool money goes to the winners of each league.
                Add up all the money TWLD players gave in, thats the prize for TWLD. Same thing with LJ and LB.

1 League players 1$
                2 League 2$
                3 League 3$

BOOM
                why would people spend money (even if the amount is ridiculously small) when there are only 2-3 squads per league who have a chance of winning? People would just stack more.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

"Secondly", if somebody has the free time to show for a scheduled game, they probably have the free time to play a few unscheduled matches within the span of however many months qualifications lasts. It doesn't take "months" to twd. To me it seems that playing twd is a chore to you, if that's the case, i don't see why you deserve to play twl.

ye

a more active twd will ensure a better twl
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Yes, who decides the number of games you have to play. You'd be surprised how much controversy this might cause because everyone will have their own idea of how many games (at minimum) ought to be required....

Well, it depends on the number of games required to be TWL eligible. If you're only talking about 10-20, then obviously, that's not too much. That also won't guarantee that the player will be active in TWL. If you're talking about 40-60, then that IS a lot. That could potentially be 40-60 hours of one's life lost in TWD games. Maybe you don't value your life enough, and maybe others may not, but definitely some do. And it's that small population that you're targeting (the ones who are "inactive" or "semi-active") that you wanted to motivate to play more.

You can't force anyone to play more games. If you want to intrinsically motivate someone to do something, you can't do it by force...

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
                      Yes, who decides the number of games you have to play. You'd be surprised how much controversy this might cause because everyone will have their own idea of how many games (at minimum) ought to be required....

Well, it depends on the number of games required to be TWL eligible. If you're only talking about 10-20, then obviously, that's not too much. That also won't guarantee that the player will be active in TWL. If you're talking about 40-60, then that IS a lot. That could potentially be 40-60 hours of one's life lost in TWD games. Maybe you don't value your life enough, and maybe others may not, but definitely some do. And it's that small population that you're targeting (the ones who are "inactive" or "semi-active") that you wanted to motivate to play more.

You can't force anyone to play more games. If you want to intrinsically motivate someone to do something, you can't do it by force...
                      fine,

1. polls
                      2. i prefer 15-20, and it's not about players being more active in twl, it's about twl players being more active in twd
                      3. Alot of twl players already meet this quota, but some squads who keep certain players on hold just to add them for twl cannot do this anymore unless they actually play in twd

But you seem to misunderstand the purpose of this thread, i'm just tossing this idea out there so we can discuss whether or not it will benefit tw, obviously your position seems to be no, but your acting as if this rule is being implemented tomorrow.

Comment

How about every player on a roster is only allowed to play in one game per TWL Season (one game per lj/ld/lb)? Captains will have to submit their rosters a few days before the weekend that will later be publicly viewed so that captains can make changes to their line up when given the chance to before the game starts. Captains will have to spread their top line up throughout the season and learn to mix and match while players will have to learn how to play with everyone else on the roster instead of people just sitting on the bench not contributing but getting all the benefits.

Comment

good idea, why don't we make jd and ld limits to 3v3 and base (i don't know if this would work but 4vs4 ?

I think that is fair and this might even get people to want to play SD's or FD's too <- we should commit to just 1 of these this season so there are games played in 1 not spread in 2? and for SD / FD 6-8 teams qualify and we do a tournament during all-star weekend round robin double elimination or something?

Comment

I had to add chuckle who had about 5 twd games with penetrate in twld because you squad hopped screwing us over. Go figure.
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

You realize how bad i screwed quicksand over just by joining pene? you really think im gonna play in playoffs when they're not in it?

Comment

your excuse changes daily
                                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X