TWLD Season 16 Playoffs Week 3: The Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 16 Playoffs Week 3: The Finals

Perfection. Always sought after, but rarely achieved. Fierce has an opportunity at true perfection today, as they haven't lost a single round yet, with one squad standing in their way: Real. Fitting in a way, given that, before the season started, several people jumped ship from Fierce, with a good number of them landing on Real. Time for vengeance? Or is Fierce finally going to be stopped? Let's ask the TW population the same thing. Here's their answers:

Code:
    Murder> 10k  on fierce

Raazi> if fierce wins round 1, they will win the game
    Raazi> if fierce loses round 1 they will win the game

Santero> i bet $50 on fierce

tj hazuki> i think real will win
    tj hazuki> mythril gonna rape

LaSenza> I betya that either Real or Fierce wins this.

Esau> fierce in 2

paradise> Got 50 LARGE on Fierce, any takers?

Casket> 2-0 fierce

LaSenza gave a wimpy, passive answer, but the clear majority favors Fierce in this one. How did they fare?

Fierce vs. Real
    50 - 28
    MVP: Apok!

Quite well, actually. A 22 point ass kicking in the first round gives Fierce the quick 1-0 lead. It was the DakPok show in this round, with both Apok (4-2 to 17-8) and Dak (3-1 to 13-6) both starting strong and staying strong throughout to thoroughly layeth the smackdown on some candy asses, including Mythril (3-5 to 4-10) and the embarrassingly bad combo of Weaver (2-6, subbed out) and Jones (0-4). scoop, despite a good start (4-1), barely managed to break even (10-10) at the end. But certainly Real can muster more than that, right? I mean, this is the TWLD finals for crying out loud! Show some heart!

Fierce vs. Real
    50 - 22
    MVP: Apok!

This round doesn't deserve a more thorough writeup. I'm sorry. Here's the cliff notes. Apok (13-4) picked up another MVP despite his kinda slow start. Skepsis (12-7) played strong throughout, starting 7-3 and going 5-4 to finish. Weaver (2-7) had another bad round. Sika (0-3, subbed out) showed up? Yeah. There's nothing to say about this. Congratulations to Fierce for completing their undefeated season and winning TWLD! Shame on Real for... just not showing up at all. Penetrate had a better showing than you against these guys.

TL;DR A Song For Real

Hot of the Week: Fierce!

Undefeated. Never beaten. Untouchable. Those only begin to describe their season, and in the LD Finals, it was just more of the same.

Not of the Week: Real

For reasons I shouldn't have to explain. Really, Real? Is that your best? That's... yeah. No. Get out.

Playoffs MVP: Apok!

For reasons I shouldn't have to explain. 3 MVPs, and in the round where he didn't MVP, he basically led Fierce to victory, anyhow. Nobody comes close to touching what this guy did when it mattered the most.

Round of the Season: Fierce/Penetrate TWLD Semi-Finals Round 2

Honorable Mentions: LEGO vs. Quicksand, Week 1
    hit vs. Thunder, Week 9

See you all for Season 17... sometime this fall. I think.

In the meantime, head over to ?go duel and qualify for TWEL! Play some events! Win some cash today! Introduce your friends to a 16 year old game! (It's actually easier than it sounds).

Sir Spider
    Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM. Reason: Thanks to Cres for pointing out the 'didnt lose a single round' thing.
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

There was one other thing engineers brought to my attention. Fierce didn't even lose a single round in season/playoffs/finals. Fucking insane.

Also I think that Thunder with Ease, Raspi, River, Crim, and Una would of made a way better finals but unfortunately we couldn't beat Real in semis. All this aside, congrats fierce you fgtfks.

Would also like to thank sir spider for the HoNs. Twl is boring without them. rememba dis
    Last edited by Crescent Seal; 05-06-2012, 04:23 PM. Reason: who u
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

lol @ real, way to put up them spastic numbers

Comment

They don't even deserve the "runner-up title" in ara's history book thing
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
        1:waven> is if im going to prison
        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

yeah I thought this might have actually been a close, well fought match. How wrong I was - has there ever been a worse ld final defeat?
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Real is a talented group of warbird's with experience, so the way they lost in the Finals is somewhat surprising. I thought we would have beaten Real in 3 rounds today, and that it would have been tight in all games. I was a bit off there.. lol

At any rate, if nothing else, Fierce at least proved that there is absolutely no doubt who the best TWLD team is in the zone.

The perfect season... I doubt this will ever get repeated again.
            RaCka> how can i get you here
            death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
            RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
            death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

sig makes post
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

LOL jaa...ur sig and the meme...priceless
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Good writeup - thought it'd go to 3 like drow too, and I agree with cres that ease/raspi/riv would've made it much closer. sorry jones.
                    Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
                    7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
                    7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
                    7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
                    7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
                    7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
                    (Cres)> its like they have no other food

Comment

Gee, the squad with all the best players on it won ld? Didn't see that coming!!
                      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

sig makes post again
                        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Made a mix for everyone to enjoy the summer (and because the season is over)

Hey guys so I just started my dj group up

http://DJKtron.com

This is our website check us out we're doing some big shows for anyone who's in Toronto or Ottawa.

Much love,

Harder

Great season and great writup as usual sir spider

Comment

gg. thanks for writing these

engi, i dont know why thunder didn't use vitja vs. us
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                            X