This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLJ - Fierce vs Pandora - Appeal

Prior to the game starting, all of Fierce got on ventrillo.

We then went to #vitprac to warm up. Out of nowhere, all of Pandora shows up to hassle us. (private arena).
    We ignore them, the zoner comes for the TWLJ match to start. Shit talking is expected, so it's not a big deal.

The game starts and Fierce is ahead, but Pandora is holding their own ground; it's a close match.
    About 1-2 minutes into the game, someone logs into the Trench Wars vent server; they then proceed to log in/out over and over. Not only does it spam this loud sound of someone entering every time they enter, but it also starts to lag our computers. Our ships are skipping about, the team is getting frustrated, our gameplay is breaking apart.

The game went from an even match, to an overwhelming defeat of Fierce by Pandora due to this game interruption.

We officially Appeal this match and request a replay. We also feel the person who is responsible for this game disruption should be banned from Ventrillo and Trench Wars.
    This should be treated equal to a ddos attack.

"During our LJ match versus Pandora, someone decided to spam the public channel of the Trench Wars vent server. When someone does this it has the same affect of a DDOS attack. It floods the vent server, causing it to have a major spike in lag and frame rate (exactly what happened to me). My screens frame rate and spike was all over the place and it continued on for around 5 minutes during which conveniently we lost our lead from one or two of our players being knocked out. During this spam attack, I tried to alt+tab and close vent, but the server was so flooded that it didn't allow me to exit the program. When I clicked the "x" the vent program went blank white, freezing, and keeping me from closing. I went back to the LJ match where the spike/attack continued on for another couple of minutes until our lead was completely gone. This was an attack on Trench Wars, its publicly promoted vent server, and its league. Our vent is used for casual conversation, and during league time, for teamwork and communication. When someone joins the vent server it says the name that joins aloud, the name that spammed us was 2pacZ. Whether him or not staff needs to pursue whoever it was through vent logs, match the ip that attacked with its in-game username, and ban this person for tampering. We cannot let trolls that completely ruin game play go unpunished because it leaves me and whoever is getting tampered with not wanting to come back, increasing the slope of population decline. If were going to lose, we have the right as players to lose fair. Void and re-schedule this match."

-Havok

-----------------------------------------

On a side note, it's also been confirmed that the attacker was a member of Pandora. The proof/logs/ip were sent to Humid for review.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

why would pandora have to replay the game just because some random person screwed with your vent? Vent is not part of twl, u guys use it to give yourselves an advantage, and today it didn't work out for you..

Comment

I'm pretty sure this thread tops my 'livid' rant from a few years ago...and that's quite sad.
      Phiz> I probably am gay
      Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

On a serious note...the only lead you guys had in the game was at a score of 8-5...which quickly turned into 8-13 and was a blowout afterward. Just wanted to clear up havok's exaggeration.
        Phiz> I probably am gay

Comment

Originally posted by Wage View Post
          why would pandora have to replay the game just because some random person screwed with your vent? Vent is not part of twl, u guys use it to give yourselves an advantage, and today it didn't work out for you..
          It is not Fierce's vent, it is trench wars official vent server. It is a tool connected and promoted in game, it is optional to everyone not just Fierce. it takes a lot of getting used to and when used right can help teamwork. If it were against the rules to use it, or if we knew in advance some troll trying to ruin the game would flood it, I assure you it wouldn't have been used. I can understand the argument maybe if someone got privately hacked, but vent is promoted in game by staff for everyone to use. If there is evidence of tampering during a game we shouldn't have to defend the fact that "TRENCHWARS VENT" is used for trench wars activity, its open to everyone. We got cheated, its a fact. People can play denial, but there are logs and if you use any sort of logic and we can prove our entire squad got flooded and cheated, it should not be a big deal to re-schedule a match we all took time to schedule and play. All blame should be put on the person that interrupted and ruined the game, not the squad that used a tool promoted to enhance player communication.
          sigpic

Comment

Thats complete and utter BS ease. the game was tied at a score range of 19-22. I cant remember specifically, but it was around that point.
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

And when and if your ddos attack ever happened, tl;dr, did it happen during the game and did it happen to the entire squad throughout the majority of the lj match?
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

24 had 0 kills before the "tampering"...looks like the tampering didn't affect anything as he ended with 0 kills. On a serious note i could bring up multiple arguments but i find it funny you guys were lagging so badly but your whole team combined for 0 lagouts, you should have specced on purpose to help your case.

http://twl.trenchwars.net/?x=showmatch&match=1129

Comment

Please point to the rule where TWL protects the integrity of third party programs during league play. Trench Wars may promote this ventrilo server to boost community cohesion, but this is not necessarily extended to league play. If anything you are assuming the risk using a PUBLIC server. If you are going to use this program for your own personal gains, common sense would dictate getting a private server, or using other means of communication (Skype is very effective, see: other MMOs).

Also please point to me where Fierce, as a product of this "DDOS" (rofl?!), lagged out? The TWL site recorded a total of Zero, 0, Nil, Cero lagouts by ANY Fierce player.

Moreover the TWL rules designed to protect lagging or cheating are directed at Players. Players incontrovertibly refers to those actively engaged in the TWL match. In other words, people who are playing IN the match are subject to the TWL rules on cheating (more specifically 5.01-5.03). Any other reading would be simply absurd.

Of course my post would not be complete without some trolling. This is a great attempt to cover up a wonderful 0-10 performance.

-Tsunami

Comment

Originally posted by Wage View Post
                    BTW, its not just anyone if its a member of PANDORA. Squad disqualification should be considered if it is.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm fairly confident you never took the lead again after that point Tiny. Even if I'm wrong, Havok's claim of them losing the lead after "one or two" people died out is outrageous.

Why add in the whole #vitprac thing as part of your appeal? There are about 3-4 practice LJ arenas in the zone, having someone locate you in one of them is inconsequential. Surely you wouldn't include it unless you were implying that it was the entire squad's idea to troll you guys, which I can assure you is not true. None of us knew a thing about what happened until the game was over...except apparently hunt but I don't have all the information.

I've seen some ridiculous appeals of the years, but this one takes the cake. You're legitimately complaining that a program you use to give yourself a competitive advantage backfired on you and you all were too technologically impaired to use task manager to close out of it. Next time play like everyone else has been playing this zone since its inception.
                      Phiz> I probably am gay

Comment

SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
                        SSCU Trench Wars
                        Triple Threat
                        SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
                        SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
                        SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
                        SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
                        SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
                        SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
                        SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

My only issue with the appeal is that I am not aware of any rules within TW pertaining to the Vent server.
                          Also, the server isn't even OWNED by TW, it's paid for by a friend of a staff member who allows us to use it, the only connection it has to us, in reality, is that it is moderated by members of Staff.
                          Former TW Staff

Comment

not sure what to say to this cept um ... LOOOL
                            4:JAMAL> plz learn to spell
                            Exalt> bout to go to a boys party
                            1:Guero> some hot girls got lot hair in their nipples

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              My only issue with the appeal is that I am not aware of any rules within TW pertaining to the Vent server.
                              Also, the server isn't even OWNED by TW, it's paid for by a friend of a staff member who allows us to use it, the only connection it has to us, in reality, is that it is moderated by members of Staff.
                              Though I'm sure Shadowknight's opinion is not in a representative capacity of TWL-Ops, his sentiments are correct. This appeal is baseless. It should be denied until Fierce can find an actual rule that was violated.

-Tsunami

Comment

Working...
                              X