Postponing matches is not in the rules, should not be allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postponing matches is not in the rules, should not be allowed

Sweet asked for a postponement of TWL match on this coming Sunday. Below are the facts:

1.) Sweet asked for postponement on Thursday, March 7th for their TWLD Match.
    2.) Sweet REQUESTED and PROPOSED 4pm EST for our TWL match on Monday, March 4th and subsequently within 24 hours, Cobra accepted this match time. This means that Sweet has decided not to postpone the match, and has scheduled it. THEY ACCEPTED the time.
    3.) There is 0 mention of a postponement rule in the TWL rules. There is no information on the TWL site. There is no information on the forums minus a note that "future details" will be mentioned at a later time (they are never mentioned).

Explain to me why this is allowed when POSTPONING A MATCH ISNT IN THE FUCKING RULES.

Not only that, but how can a squad SCHEDULE the match then refuse to play at that time and ask for a postponed match? It'd be a different story if they couldn't negotiate the time they wanted, but SWEET requested the match time, not us.

This is bullshit and any common sense would dictate that Sweet must play this match.

For the record, here are the relevant rules off the site. I don't see any fucking rule about allowing for postponed matches and I sure as hell didn't agree to postpone a match with Sweet. In fact, SWEET PROPOSED A TIME THAT I ACCEPTED.

----------------------------------------------------

6. Replaying of Interrupted Matches and Postponements
    If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, server lag, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time.

6.02 Resolved within 30 minutes
    In the event that all technical difficulties are resolved within 30 minutes of the scheduled time period, the match will be played immediately.

6.03 Resolved after 30 minutes
    If all technical difficulties are resolved after the 30 minutes of the scheduled time period, and if the game slots allow it, the match can be replayed immediately with consent from the captains.

For a postponed game, players eligible for the game depend on the current roster. The squad will not be limited to players eligible during the week the game was postponed.

6.05 Postponed Games & Available Time Slot
    As long as it does not fall under rules 6.02 or 6.03, a postponed game may be replayed in an available time slot of the same weekend provided that all technical difficulties have been resolved and both captains agree on the game time.

6.06 Postponed Games - Replay Week
    In the event that a match cannot be replayed in the same weekend, it will be postponed until the replay week. The game time of the match will be decided using the standard scheduling rules.

----------------------------------------------

8. Scheduling Rules and Procedures
    8.01 Time Slots
    All three leagues will have a total of ten (10) time slots to choose from each week. There are five (5) slots on Saturday which begin from 1pm to 5pm EST (1800 - 2200 GMT), and five (5) slots on Sunday which begin from 1pm to 5pm EST (1800 - 2200 GMT).

8.01a
    There will be a total of four (4) available games per time slot (exceptions will be made in certain circumstances). If a time slot is filled, another must be negotiated and chosen. Only 3 games of one league division are allowed in one slot (exceptions may occur).

Only designated squad Captains and Co-Captains may negotiate for available time slots. No other squad member is allowed to negotiate for available time slots.

8.03 Negotiations
    All squads will be given a chance to negotiate and mutually agree upon an acceptable time for their games. Scheduling for games will begin on Mondays at 12am EST (500 GMT) and conclude on Thursday at 6pm EST (2300 GMT).

8.03a Failing to Propose a Time (Both Captains)
    If neither squad enters a time into negotiation on the website or if a time can not be agreed upon by both squads, the League Operator will assign it. The League Operator will choose a time slot between 2pm and 4pm EST (1900 - 2100 GMT) on either Saturday or Sunday. Timeslots of starting times of 1pm and 5pm EST (1800, 2200 GMT) may be chosen if no other slots are available.

8.03b Failing to Propose a Time (1 Captain)
    If one squad captain fails to enter a proposed time in negotiation, the other captain's proposed time will be automatically accepted.

8.03c Submitting a time 48 hours after the first Proposal
    If a squad captain submits a proposed time more than 48 hours after the other captain's proposal, or does not offer a proposal before Thursday at 6pm EST (2300 GMT), the first captain to propose a time is automatically rewarded their time.

8.03d
    If both squads agree to a time after the deadline, they may petition the League Operator to alter the assigned time. There is no guarantee that this time slot will be granted.

Comment

Heard 24 went -1-10 in TWLJ.
      1:vys> yo Pure_Luck already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sysop and method owns TW

Comment

Ya River, you can stop gloating about how you are purposefully abusing non-existant rules:

7:Riverside> ur lucky i didn't wait till saturday to postpone
        7:Riverside> thought about doing that
        7:cremation> happy march break all!!!! welcrim!!!
        7:B4sERmaN98_X> they let u postpone though? i thought they didn't add that in this season
        7:B4sERmaN98_X> unless both teams agreed
        7:Riverside> yea thats a new rule
        7:Riverside> hudumb is an idiot
        7:Creature> that rule is bullshit
        7:Creature> there is no rule
        7:Creature> i looked everywhere
        7:Riverside> gotta take advantage of stupid OPs

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...L-rule-changes

Here you go creatard
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
            papi with the dagger
            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Rabble rabble rabble!!!
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

twl mods should update the actual rules page too and stop being lazy fucks
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                  this post was on August of 2012...months and months. not only that but half the info in that thread is no longer relevant (hell the TWL mods aren't even updated in it). it was explicitly stated in Summa's post in December that he would be updating the rules and nothing was announced.

regardless I think it's fucking stupid to be able to postpone games 24 hours beforehand and AFTER you guys already accepted a time. the entire point of postponing a game is so that people can show and that's clearly not the issue. you guys asked for a time and it was accepted then you suddenly decided to change your mind right before the game. that's your captain's inability to schedule matches, if you guys wanted to postpone you should have done that from the get go.

it's a fucking preseason game and you'll still make playoffs, i'm just surprised you guys are just too pussy to play cause you'll be short one player.

Comment

Why are you in such a rush to lose to sweet anyway? Chill out mr. traitor.
                    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

boo freaking hoo
                      we'll settle this on sunday
                      oh, wait, we won't. pz

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                        Why are you in such a rush to lose to sweet anyway? Chill out mr. traitor.
                        luv u too sander. I just don't want to drag this season out but I might just postpone the postponed match just to be a dick xD

Comment

Let me return the favor and get my troll on.
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

In b4 Eph starts about the rules
                            (Children)>hunted for life
                            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

LOL LOVE IT One regular season match may be postponed with 24 hours notice. and revenge postponed after the match started vs cougars on saturday these ppl Sat Feb 23rd 2:00pm (EST) match had started we added 5 then 3 mins later reckful says postponed
                              AKA Shaun
                              ----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X