X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWL Official Prediction - Week 4

TWLD- By: Weak

Paladen vs Enemy

Here we have a clash between a surprising 2-1 Enemy squad vs one of the last 3 teams without a win, Paladen. Enemy comes off an impressive 50-35 win over Savanger and will look to dictate the tempo in hopes of capturing yet another victory. Biet and Kate Upton had huge games last week and will need similar performances in order for Enemy to pull this one out. My x-factor for this team has to be Skatarius, who has played beyond atrocious this year. Paladen will try to rebound after being whipped by Pandora 50-31. If it was not for their successful appeal, they would be the most surprising 0-3 team. Since much was made over FatRolls and Sawyer not being able to play last week, everyone will see if they really make that much of a difference. My x-factor for Paladen is Ready For Anything. He's shown the ability to manage a mid range game with his own rush style. Paladen really has a lot to prove to the rest of the field and I believe they get it done this week.

Winner: Paladen 50-43

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savanger vs Juans

The most unanticipated game of the week has to go to these two squads. Both teams are 0-3 and show next to nothing in terms of life this season. Savanger was thought to have a chance to give the top squads a run for their money, but the only thing they giving, is a free win. It seems like even when they have 5, most of the guys play with no direction and that really shows in their overall performance. The only bright spots last week were MITB and olde (a mere 9-10). Luckily for them, they play a team who doesn't seem to have a solid 3, let alone 4 or 5 warbirds. Fiora and NowYouDie seem to always lead this team in kills and will once again need them to step up if Juans expect to get a win this season. This game is a toss up because you don't know who from Savanger is going to log on and also who can step up for Juans besides the aforementioned duo. At the end of this one, I'm going to have to give this game to Savanger, but not by a landslide.

Winner: Savanger 50-40

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value vs Wolf

Now we start getting into the very intriguing games of the week. Wolf (2-1) comes off an absolute massacre at the hands of Fierce and take on Value (2-1) who disposed of Juans without issue. Value, is the more consistent group, and you know what to expect and from who. They had the luxury off adding any 5 they chose last week without worrying about the outcome. This week they will most likely add their best 5. Burnt seems to be getting active again and that's huge for Value and bad news for the rest of the league. Add RaCka, Sirius, ivf, and delectable to that, and you have a very formidable starting five. Wolf looks to rebound after being embarrassed in what was showcased to be a possible playoff preview. Everyone except Rasaq stunk worse than a toilet last week. Stylez has been starting these past few weeks but hasn't played like he deserves it. Raazi is definitely a game changer for this squad, but
    really could use the help of Flew, Kentaro, and Quart (or whoever they decide to add since they have many different possibilities). When wolf controls the tempo and pace, they become very dominant but against a very strong Value team, I just don't see that happening. I believe Value will put pressure with their rush and get wolf away from their usually solid teaming.

Winner: Value 50-39

GAME OF THE WEEK

Pandora vs Fierce

Here's the match up of what almost everyone expects to be a preview of LD finals. Both squads come into this battle undefeated, Fierce being 3-0 and Pandora 2-0 (one game to replay vs Paladen). Fierce will look to their core guys once again to do what they do best. Apok, Dak, Lasenza, Skepsis, Deez Nuts and Welt seem to be the most obvious 5-6 to play in this one, with even maybe Last Standing being a possible sub. Everyone besides Skepsis had a very strong performance last week in their throttling of Wolf. It's going to be very interesting to see which game plan they roll out. Lasenza and Welt typically rely on mid range/lob city to do their damage, while Dak/Skep/Apok will typically apply more pressure . Pandora will look to counter with probably their most serious line this year. Depending on who shows up, their line will most likely include Ease, Best, Mythril, with either Kyou/Weak/Beam/Tanzu/Attacks to round out the 5. When these guys team to their ability and skill, it's very hard to separate them, let alone beat them. If Pandora strays/midranges too much, they could be in a lot of trouble, especially with the closing ability that fierce offers. This game most likely will be back and forth until the most important first kill out happens. Whoever gets that 4 vs 5 advantage will close out the game since each team offers a solid and capable 5 warbirds. In the end, I think Pandora will pull this one out.

Winner Pandora 50-44

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWLJ- By: Tiny

Fierce vs Revenge
    50 - 31

Coming off their first victory (5v4), I think Revenge's victory dance is going to come to a hault and quite abruptly. As Revenge can not seem to field their starting lineup, and if they get close to getting their starting lineup, they seem to choke away any chance of a close game. As Revenge's only hopes lie with Marge and Rendered becoming active and unrusting, I don't see requiem carrying the rest of place holders to anything more than a solid beating. I think motivation of having an upset here will carry Revenge for a few minutes into the game, but Fierce's depth will ensure another victory here.

Dice vs Juans

50 - 41

This could be the match of the week as Juans have the ability to play with the top teams. Dice showed last week that they are capable of being beat, and with the blood in the water Juans needs a victory now more than ever as they sit near the bottom of the LJ ladder with a strong chance of moving farther down. Dice, having the agression factor with megaman89 and Children leading the hunt, and Juans having the defensive play style, this might turn out to be quite interesting as both teams play opposite styles. Dice will push hard at the beginning against the laggy Euro team. I am assuming they will connect more than they will miss as most Juans are not ready for the fast paced, high intensity game that Dice will be bringing. In the end, Juans will fall from a lack of depth and experience with the level of rush coming their way. This has proven to be their weakness, as they seem to be unable to find another player capable of hanging in till the end. Look for Dice to find a player and knock them out quickly.

Cougars vs Dudgeon
    40 - 50

Yet another game that could prove to be the game of the week. You have both 0-3 teams fighting for who will not be on the bottom of the ladder. However, cougars have yet to show any life past the first 3 minutes of the game. They have kept it close at the beginning and then the wheels just seem to fall off. Dudgeon with more experience and teaming abilities though, as last week showed, they are able to play with the top of the ladder. Look for Mikkiz and Zizzo to play major roles in this weeks game as they look to make a mid season move. Dudgeon's teaming which has given them a life string to hold on will prove to be the saving grace for them. Cougars has a couple players capable of making some big plays, but it won't be enough.

Pandora vs Value
    Game of the Week

50 - 38

As this will be the most anticipated LJ match of this week, I feel it won't be as close as you might hope. The 3-0 Value will step into the ring with the defending champs, but to their surprise they will be far unprepared for Pandora. Value, as fate would have it, has played all 3 teams at the bottom of the ladder while Pandora, on the other hand, will be playing the last of the top squads they have to face this season, looking to skate into an easy #1 or 2 seed. Don't get me wrong, Value has a ton of individual talent, but when it comes to the big games, it all boils down the teams ability to work together. Amnesti, last week, was able to pull a victory out for Value over Dudgeon through just being a better individual, but this week he will be facing 5 players that have the same talent level. Pandora's line has been playing together for some time now, and their pack hunting will prove to be their bread and butter. Look for a quick out and a 5v4 stomp to finish the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWLB- By: Ephemeral

Warhable 0-3vs. Value 1-2

Warhable will be facing a revitalized Valuewho is coming off a good win last week. But try as they might it is doubtfulthat Warhable will be able to generate much flag time. Value will control thisgame although Warhable will be able to break Value’s cram a few times. But thisisn’t lining up to be moch more than a snore of a game.

Value 15 – 5 Warhable

Pandora 3-0vs. Revenge 1-2

It will beinteresting to see which Revenge shows up for this game; but we all know whichPandora team will show (the one that want to stay undefeated). Revenge has beenhot or cold so far this season, they have periods of greatness followed byperiods of mediocrity. If the former show up this game could be close and worthwatching. If the ladder shows up this will be a blow out and a boring game towatch. I’ll give Revenge the benefit of the doubt (one more time) and say thatthis will be a good competitive game.

Pandora 15 – 13 Revenge

Enemy 3-0 vs.Fierce 1-2

Game of theWeek

Fierce isbetter than their 1-2 record reflects, but will they have enough to handle theundefeated Enemy? This should be a good game but I think that Enemy will out-spiderFierce both over and under in the flag room. Pork is a decent overall terrierbut still needs some work on dropping and positioning team; this will open thedoor for Fierce a few times throughout the game. But in the end Enemy shouldcome out on top.

Enemy 15 – 11 Fierce

dicE 2-1 vs.Dudgeon 1-2

Dice lookedstrong last week and is a real threat to send Dudgeon’s record even furthersouth. Dudgeon’s chances depend largely upon Mikkiz and who else shows up; IFthey field their very best line and IF Mikkiz can pull a few of his miraclemoves off Dudgeon may be able to make a game of this. Of course megaman will belurking in some special, biding his time to get off his teamfers. This, alongwith the impeccable dice spider timing, will disrupt Dudgeon and mikkiz.

Dice 15 – 11 Dudgeon

We are about mid season, three games behindus. The TWLB league has fulfilled what many predicted; several very dominatingteams (Pandora/Enemy 3-0, Dice 2-1, Value /Revenge/Fierce/Dudgeon 1-2, Warhable0-3). I cannot recall ever seeing this many good quality teams with a losingrecord. Another surprise so far this season has been the lack of any reallyoutstanding shark performances, this has been the ‘year of the spider’. Timing,which traditionally has been thought of as a shark attribute, is now beingfully utilize by spiders. Some of the spider timing, in terms of bullet streamsand cooperating angles, is better than it ever has been before. This has putsharking back on its heels and made it difficult to not burn a rep quicklyafter de-attaching. Long crams also seems to not be occurring as often as inprevious seasons. It could be that the lack of TWD basing with 8s in could becontributing to some of these things.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

Pandora vs Value
    Game of the Week

50 - 38

Look for a quick out and a 5v4 stomp to finish the game.
    Whoops.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
      Whoops.
      Correct! You guys played great. Thats was unexpected and fun to watch.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Thx, I was fishing for a compliment.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Why has there been no writeup for TWLD week 4 yet?

Comment

Working...
          X