• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLB Official Hot or Not - Week 4

Pandora vs Revenge
    15:00 – 8:04

Pandora Lineup:
    Ogron(terrier), Mattey/zidane(sharks), Hulk/mcvicar/turban/Spezza/dreamwin(spiders)

Revenge Lineup:
    Hydride(terr), rodney/eelam/menelvagor(sharks), megalo/squallFF8/Steep/voth/hellkite(spiders)
    We predicted that Pandora would win this and they did. Pandora took the early lead in this game but Revenge made a good game of it by showing short periods of decent teamwork. Pandora looked sharp for the majority of the game and only revealed a few moments of weakness, one notable breakdown in their shark timing resulted in a teamfer shark bomb by Rodney which broke the Pandora cram.
    But Pandora’s performance was truly a team effort which resulted in allowing Dreamwin, Hulk, Mcvicar, Spezza and Turb to simply rain down torrents of bullets. Mattey and Zidane both logged very solid games and Orgon also did well, not playing a flashy, aggressive game but instead placing his team strategically when and where they needed to be. The Pandora sharks/terrier built the foundation for their spiders to own it up. And own it up they did, Spezza seemed almost unstoppable at times.
    Revenge seemed to hang around in the game and was putting some time on the clock, but at about the half way mark they made a lineup change and things went downhill. I’m not quite sure why the change was made, Rodney was playing well but was subbed by Eelam. The Revenge spiders appeared to be struggling although Voth was pushing hard this week and racked up two terrier kills.

Hot of the game – Spezza; guy was huge
    Not of the game- Whomever made the Revenge substitution decision; still might not have won but the sub sure didn’t help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value vs. Warhable
    15:00 – 0:33
    Value Lineup:
    Waxy(terr), Commodo/Soild/War(sharks), Ardour/dice/infrared/ivf/renzi/Solske(spiders)

Warhable Lineup:
    kyler/choi(terr,spider), fakiiri/contempt/nanto/(sharks), jatt/shaddowknight/thewadorooster(spiders)

We predicted that Warhable would struggle to get any flag time and this indeed was the case in this game. Value simply dominated Warhable for the entire game and the result was never in doubt. Renzi and Dice lead the rest of the Value spiders and schooled the hapless Warhable. Soild, Commodo and Waxy all put in solid performances for Value but truth is that Warhale simply never stood a chance in this game. But kudos and respect to Warhable players who have stayed the course and continue to stay active in the face of adversity.

Hot of the game – renzi; only saw spawn area 11 times
    Not of the Game – kyler’s spidering
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy vs. Fierce
    15:00 – 2:36
    Game of The Week

Enemy Lineup:
    Cintra(terr), porkjet/cranium(sharks), Ayn/Diuley/Kian/M_M God/sedan/trance(spiders), Trasher(Lanc)
    Fierce Lineup:
    Mythrandir(terr), LF/conspiracy/murder(sharks), Last Standing/LF/Mean gene/murder/ri$e again$t/tj hazuki/tomatospiders(spiders), Mean Green(jav)

We picked Enemy to remain undefeated but thought this would be a closer game. Enemy had Cintra back and fielded a very strong lineup. Fierce got behind the 8-ball quickly with some badly timed lagouts and never seemed to recover. Mythrandir did what he could but Enemy overran Fierce in the flag room and lower base.
    Cintra played well and showed little signs of rust. Cran and Pork played solidly. Enemy’s spiders, Ayn, Diuley, Kain, M_M God, sedan, and trance, all looked very, very good. Trasher had fun in a Lanc and annoyed Fierce throughout the game. Cranium, in a demonstration of his incredible grasp of all aspects of TWL, made critical subs by manipulating the lineup to benefit his TWLM monies. For example Sedan was subbed out after putting in a ‘disappointing’ 43-6 performance.

Hot of the game – M-M God/Trasher
    Not of the Game – TJ Hazuki/Murder

DicE vs. Dudgeon
    15:00 – 4:42

Dice Lineup:
    Zizu(terr), dwopple/a2m(sharks), kess/jamal/maketso/panama/stayon/wbm(spiders)

Dudgeon Lineup:
    Mikkiz(terr), Downfall/nokkonen/sakke(sharks), apt/gilder/Leitz/melanoma/zizzo/nokkonen(spiders), Zizzo(jav,warbird)

This game was predicted a Dice win and this an accurate prediction. Dudgeon was basically torn apart by Dice’s timing, teamwork, and accuracy. Dudgeon managed to get into flag room a few times but kess, and wbm both probably could have handled them all by themselves. All the Dice spiders were beasts. Zizu played his usual outstanding game and Dwopple and a2m looked as good as they have all season with impeccable timing. Dice really appears to be hitting on all cylinders now.
    Dudgeon showed a few signs of live but this game was never in doubt. They simply had no answer for Dice’s skill.

Hot of the game – Kess/wbm; simply unstoppable
    Not of the Game – Melanoma

Hot of the week – Spezza; owned Revenge
    Honorable mention: Kess/wbm; schooled Dudgeon

Not of the week – TJ Hazuki/ Melanoma; both played far under their capabilities
    Honorable mention: Ephemeral; for picking an awful Game of the Week
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 02-10-2014, 01:30 PM. Reason: multiple fuck ups

Oh sure i'm the not of the week when warhable didn't even get more than 1 minute this week. That makes sense.

Meh, was a terrible game on our part. Timing from the sharks were off, lag issues with spider/sharks, couldn't break the cram for the longest time.. It was just not working for us. Next week will hopefully be better.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Thanks for the write-up, Eph.

One thing, though:

2:zidane> why does eph say VA (Ogron)?
      2:zidane> i think he thinks ur vatican assasin?
      2:zidane> or that vati played the ogron ship?
      2:Mcvicar> LOOOOOOOOOOOl

I laughed pretty hard at that, curious as to what it mean
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Claus,
        Sorry, stupid 'cut and paste' mistake; been fixed.
        eph

Comment

Yeaah, I'd never intentionally play spider as I am well aware I'm a steaming sack of shit in it, but I kept lagging out in terr so it was apparent a switch needed to happen. We also only had 7 of our 12/13 man TWL roster show up, which didn't really help the mentality.
          I 100% agree with the not of the week for my game, apologies to da squad. Respect to Value for kindly speccing one (without us requesting it) to make it 'more even' (and of course for smashing us anyway).

Poor warhable
          7:jerome> wasabi peas
          7:jerome> its like maan i want to eat some peas whilee also experiencing the sensation of ddoing really bad cocaine

Comment

Nice job yet again, ephemeral!

Just one thing I wanted to correct. That bomb which blew up pandoras cram was actually from rodney. And it wasnt because of bad timing, it was because he hid the bomb in zidanes explosion so mattey must not have seen it. He was there in cram with 3 reps. But, just wanted to fiz that other than that great write up!

Also, revenge feels we played a sub par game. When it aas head to head we should have played entire game like that, but the fact we play only on twl days.. a bit hard to keepup with a deep squad who plays often.

Hopefully next week we can give dice an interesting game. Jusy need every starter to show up.
            1:Hydride> who we play next week
            1:ReNdErED> Pandora
            1:ReNdErED> gulp
            1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
            1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
            1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
            1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
            1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

mattey was lagging and repped it on his screen, which is why he lived. good write up eph

Comment

o/
                Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by Hydride
                  Also, revenge feels we played a sub par game. When it aas head to head we should have played entire game like that, but the fact we play only on twl days.. a bit hard to keepup with a deep squad who plays often.
                  Hey Hydride,
                  Yeah I think you guys have great capabilities, just need to fulfill to that potential. I thought you played excellent in terr, I'm sure you'll carry that into next week. Keep up the good work.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post

Value vs. Warhable
                    15:00 – 0:33
                    Value Lineup:
                    Waxy(terr), Commando/Solid/War(sharks), Ardour/dice/infrared/ivf/renzi/Solske(spiders)

Warhable Lineup:
                    kyler/choi(terr,spider), fakiiri/contempt/nanto/(sharks), jatt/shaddowknight/thewadorooster(spiders)

We predicted that Warhable would struggle to get any flag time and this indeed was the case in this game. Value simply dominated Warhable for the entire game and the result was never in doubt. Renzi and Dice lead the rest of the Value spiders and schooled the hapless Warhable. Solid, Commando and Waxy all put in solid performances for Value but truth is that Warhale simply never stood a chance in this game. But kudos and respect to Warhable players who have stayed the course and continue to stay active in the face of adversity.

Hot of the game – renzi; only saw spawn area 11 times
                    Not of the Game – kyler’s spidering

One would think dele had written this post.
                    People really have problems reading.

EDIT: Oh and I'm guessing Commando is Commodo?

sorry im in a bad mood
                    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                    1:soild>they can say what they like
                    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

My bad, I apologize for the multiple fuckups. I have fixed the errors. Frankly my head is up my ass for doing the HoN this week since I haven't been able to play because I can't get my password reset. Good news is that if I can't get this resolved in the next few days you guys won't have to deal with me any longer.
                      eph

Comment

Eph, I apologize for Soilderz. The entire squadron of Value encourages, and actively practices, calling him by his real name "Solid".

I also want to thank you for doing these write ups. I enjoy reading them.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          Hey Hydride,
                          Yeah I think you guys have great capabilities, just need to fulfill to that potential. I thought you played excellent in terr, I'm sure you'll carry that into next week. Keep up the good work.
                          Indeed =o) Thank you also! I also did play sub-par. Better than the game vs Value though LOL. At this point, we're trying to simply add that competition and ruin perfect seasons for squads, or throw down that upset. Being realistic, unless we have all of our starters ready to go and we play 100%... odds of us winning basing are very very slim. But, the odds of us being able to throw an upset into the mix... well, I think that's quite likely. And honestly, if we do that, i'll be satisified. Compared to the squad we had last season, we're gutted lol.

Like I said though, difficult to keep up when our only games we play are the TWL games, while the top 3 (Enemy, Pandora, Dice) are playing throughout the week. It's just a matter of dedication and depth. But, we'll keep showing up and doing our best to cause that "AMG THEY WON" moment.
                          1:Hydride> who we play next week
                          1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                          1:ReNdErED> gulp
                          1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                          1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                          1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                          1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                          1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
                            One would think dele had written this post.
                            People really have problems reading.

EDIT: Oh and I'm guessing Commando is Commodo?

sorry im in a bad mood
                            ROFL
                            3x TWLD All-Star
                            2x TWLD Finals MVP
                            2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
                              ROFL
                              deal with it
                              https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief