Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLD Official Predictions - Week 5

TWLD - By: Ready for Anything

Ok firstly I just like to point out I personally feel TWLD is the least competitive league this season, with only two teams being able to win it realistically, of course Pandora and Fierce being those teams, with the latter the most likely. I’m not the best wb or the most experienced at playing TWLD, have only played this season and last, but the following prediction is how I view the teams currently in TWLD. Now on with the week 5 predictions.

Value (2-1) vs. Savanger (1-3)

Savanger could have been a threat this season to value, however with the lost of imo, their two best players, Okyo, who I hear is not interested in TWL and wants to concentrate on school work, which is fair enough, and Tarnish who is just inactive. I feel Value will win this quite comfortably over Savanger.

Value are over-rated, they have an outside chance of something like 10%, if that to win TWLD, however they r still the 3rd best team this league has to offer this season. I have been hearing some even saying Value will even win this league this season, but I’m just not buying it.

I can not see one player on Savanger that can carry their team enough for victory, they are all ‘ok’ wbs. MITB is probably their best wb, who will probably have the highest kills on Savanger with something like 12-10, rest will go negative. Hope they prove me wrong, because everyone loves the underdog to win.

Value on the other hand have strengthened their team with burnt, who I believe has just been eligible to play since last week (could be wrong). He is a seasoned vet, who puts up big scores quite frequently. There is no point me mentioning names here on who else to carry, because I feel Value could add any 5 on their roster, and still come out with the win, with anyone of them being able to MVP.

Winner: Value 50-36

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemy (2-2) vs. Fierce (4-0)

Enemy will gain that 6th play-off spot over Savanger, just because Savanger screwed up over their lost to Enemy. However the road of winning games has already ended for Enemy. I played them last week with the likes of M_M God rushing right in front of me and missing by inches on multiple occasions, and being cornered by three of their players with just 150 energy and escaping, and they just do not have good enough wbs to win anymore games.

Fierce are a power-house, individually their players are talented and their team work is more dominant than any other team this season, so how can they possibly get beat? Answer is, they will not get beaten this season. I know Pandora members will argue how they got smashed last twld in regualr season and won in finals, but that is just not going to happen this season I’m afraid.

I can not see anybody on Enemy going positive (they are not wbs, so they are probably not bothered). However on fierce, usually against a lot weaker wbs, the rushing, more aggressive wbs will get kills quickly such as Apok and Skespsis, whereas the less-aggressive wbs like Lasenza and Welt will get good scores with low deaths but also lowers kills, and Deez Nuts will be somewhere in the middle. Welt will frustrate Enemy a lot just due to the fact that every time you look at your radar then look back at your ship and see an explosion, we call that a ‘Welt’ kill. Lasenza I feel is not as good individual wb as he has been over the past years, however he is a lot better ‘TWDD’ and ‘TWLD’ player than he was, with him/she teaming better, and rushing to help out his team a lot more.

Look for either Apok or Skepsis to get over 20 kills in this match.

Winner: Fierce 50-26
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME OF THE WEEK

Wolf (2-1) vs. Pandora (3-1)

I’m going to put this as game of the week, although I do not see any of the games this week hard to call the winner. Wolf could stand a chance here for causing an upset, however their four best players imo will all probably not play. Riverside I hear is not available this week, Bon and Kentaro I have not seen for a while and Flew left the squad. So therefore their chances of winning this game has decreased a lot. Wolf are easily the 4th best TWLD team this season, however for them to win this game they need a few of their wbs to carry.

Pandora on the other hand are a power-house, yes they got beaten and destroyed by Fierce last week 50-25, but Value got dismantled by Pandora 50-24 in week 1 and look how they have bounced back. Although Ease and Mythril are probably regarded as Pandora’s two main figures, I feel the two players with the highest scores will be Weak and Best. Best can toy with teams like Wolf, who will backpedal against his rush, and Weak has very accurate aim. I can see them getting 30 kills between them alone. With the four wbs I listed on Wolf probably not playing, I can not see a wb or two, that can carry for their team this week vs. Pandora. The likes of Cres, Rasaq and Quart will have break-even games at best, and I feel if they add players like Raazi and Paky Dude, they will go 5-10’s due to their over-aggressive nature vs. better aimed players on Pandora. I would not bother adding Sir Spider either, maybe Stylez would be a better option.

Winner: Pandora 50-37

Juans (0-4) vs. Paladen (1-3)

Juans did not even show 4 last week, but I think they will show 5 this week. They will not win a single game this season, but still a credit for them on turning up every game even though they are javs. I feel this game will not be a hard match for Paladen (my squad), and it will be relatively easy, with the most aggressive wb on Paladen taking the MVP spot.

I can only see two players on Juans going postitive, and that’s Nowyoudie and Fiora, all the rest should be going negative, unless Paladen decide they want to play really bad this match. In my honest opinion I believe Paladen are the 5th best team out of 8 in this TWLD season, being slightly above Savanger. Many believe Paladen are just a really bad squad because they started off with 0-3 this season, however we had to face the three hardest squads first, Fierce, then Value and then Pandora.

Any player on Paladen is capable of being called the MVP this match, but I’m going to have to either give it to myself (if my lag is good), or the newly formed superstar ‘Sawyer’.

Winner: Paladen 50-32

Good write up, much appreciated that you've stepped us this week in the absence of the usual suspects!

I'm not so sure that this season is the least competitive of all....there are still 4 very solid squads participating, and as you say only pandora/fierce have a real shot at the title well that's pretty much how every twld season has gone; 2 overwhelming favourites.
    What I believe makes this season seem less competitive is that below the top 4 teams of fierce/pandora/value/wolf the skill level drops quite a lot (2 of the squads aren't even wbs), hopefully with rule tweaking and incoming changes within TW we can get old players back/gain new players or boost an interest in TWL so we can gain a few more higher level squads for the next season.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Not taking anything away from what you said about the match that my squad will be playing, but just thought I'd point something out for you with fierce as a squad. It's very very difficult for anyone on fierce to get above 20 kills in a round, because our warbirds all share the ability play at the top of the league. Scores often get divided fairly evenly, and it's only when teammates do poorly, do you see a player score that many kills in a round. If I had to guess at who'd have one of the highest scores this round, I'd give it to welt. Against teams he knows he has a large advantage over, he doesn't play as reserved as he normally does. I expect him to top 14 kills, beyond that I'm unsure who will have higher numbers.

Comment

Yea, i actually do agree on what both of you are saying. Firstly Ricko, i have to agree that it is far too easy to get into TWLD now, with as you say, two of the squads being non-wbs squads alone. However i was more referring to it being less competitive than what the TWLJ and TWLB leagues are this season, rather than just comparing the TWLD of seasons before.

In addition Lasenza maybe 20 kills for an individual player is a little over-excessive in hindsight, but didn't Skepsis get a score of 17-7 last weekend? I do feel either Skepsis or Apok will pick up a big score, just due to them being over-aggressive and being able to get kills quicker than the rest of their squad mates. I would probably change the 20, to something like 17+ kills for one of them two.

Thank you for feedback Ricko and Lasenza, i was just filling in as there was not an prediction thread currently this week, and felt like doing one.

Comment

Great write-up. It's more enjoyable to read more opinionated predictions and insight as opposed to the circle jerking that usually happens with these things.

I have to disagree about there only being 2 TWLD squads that have a chance though. Value is an obvious contender with their talent and Wolf is also in the top tier if their top line shows (I don't think they've been able to field anything close to it once this season.) Last year Pandora was the 4th or 5th "ranked" LD squad going into the season and we ended up winning it all.

That doesn't change the fact that this is the worst regular season ever though. 6/8 squads making playoffs is a complete joke and waste of time when there's already 2 non-wb squads who qualified. The same can probably be said for all leagues.
          PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
          ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Working...
          X