X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLD Official Predictions Week 6

TWLD Predictions for Week 6 - By: Exalt

Pandora vs Enemy

Possible Pandora Starters: Mythril, Ease, Best, Kyou, Weak. OR as beam said (due to the competition): turban steadman best weak and tanzu

Possible Enemy Starters: (I had to randomly pick names, due to having no clue who some of these people are): cranium, skatarius, M_M God, Krage, Kate Upton, Biet

This is a matchup that on paper seems obviously one-sided, due to Pandora actually having legitimate WBs and Enemy having a bunch of players that I honestly have no idea who they are. I recognize who Cranium/skatarius/M_M God are, but beyond that, I see nobody of note on that roster. Despite this fact, Enemy is somehow 2-3 in TWL. I checked to see how they even won 2 games, and I realized it was against Juans and Savanger, one squad which will probably be unable to win a single LD game whatsoever, and the other dissolved after being booted from TWL. That means that those two wins aren't exactly great acheivements for Enemy. Pandora's only loss was to a very strong Fierce squad who is the favorite to win it all anyways, so it is hard to knock them for not being undefeated. Due to the general obviousness of this whole thing, I think we all can easily predict the winner with little effort

Winner: Pandora 50-35 (And I'm being generous to Enemy with those 35 kills, mainly due to Pandora probably not taking them very seriously)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolf vs Juans

Possible Wolf Starters: solemn, paky dude, rasaq, cres, stylez???

Possible Juans Starters: Fiora, Nowyoudie, Risk, Roiwek, Skilder (who are these people???)

This matchup will be another landslide victory for Wolf, although as much as everyone claims Wolf is the 4th best squad in TWLD, that isn't saying much. Wolf players don't practice much, if at all, and they are not a very cohesive group in terms of teaming. That being said, the individual talent of each player on Wolf is far superior to any player on Juans, mainly do to Juans failing to have even a single WB that I can recognize on their roster. I wasn't around during TWL qualifications, but I question how Juans even managed to make it into TWL with that roster. Was it by default? Either way, there isn't much to talk about with this one. Wolf will destroy Juans even if they all solo and let Juans try to 5v1 every Wolf player while the other 4 sit around afk. If Vys/ivf were on Wolf, I'm sure he would be asking to 1v5 Juans by himself to keep his 1v4 undefeated streak alive. I'm not sure anyone on Wolf has that kind of skill, because even Juans can get lucky spawns/strays, but this is another no-contest in my eyes. I thank Juans for not dissolving though, and I give them an A for effort.

Winner: Wolf 50-25

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value vs Fierce

Possible Value Starters: Racka, Vys/ivf, Static Burn/Burnt, Delectable, Sirius

Possible Fierce Starters: Apok, Skepsis, Deez Nuts, Lasenza, Welt, Dak

This is by far the game of the week, as I see it being possibly the two best squads in TWL fighting it out. That is no disrespect to Pandora, which is also a strong LD squad, but the overall individual talent level on Value exceeds the individual talent of Pandora by quite a bit. I know the reason Value hasn't done as well as they probably should have is due to the inactivity of it's players, such as the likes of ivf/Racka/etc not really playing much or giving a shit, because a lot of the veterans view this seasons' TWL as somewhat of a joke. That being said, it STILL is TWL, and being inactive/not caring is no excuse. Either way, I predict Value members actually getting off their asses and trying their best vs a very strong Fierce squad that has basically decimated everyone else with little effort. This is definitely the game of the week, and this game should be the one to watch for all you would-be spectators who log into subspace to watch TWLD games. Stay tuned for this one, and keep an eye out for a good Apok vs Racka duel. Those two are the best rushers in the game by a large margin (and I do mean rushers, not suiciders or whatever kids these days consider rushing. You are doing it wrong. Spec Apok/Racka/ivf to learn how to do it right. They know what they are doing. Delectable also, assuming he is sober and actually cares enough to try.

Winner: I'm going to go with the upset and say

Value 50-49

Lightning Strike vs Paladen

Possible Lightning Strike Starters: Exalt, Flew, Chuckle, Vermillion Flame, Rushed/Wicket666/Toronto

Possible Paladen Starters: FatRolls, Jessup, Let, little buddhist, Ready for Anything, Sawyer

Here we have the matchup of the Savanger replacement in Lightning Strike vs a fairly decent Paladen squad that has proven to be quite annoying when their R4 aim is on. Paladen is very good at lobbing/running/radaring and basically annoying the fuck out of everyone who plays a different style. That being said, any squad that is a cohesive unit of teamers, be it midrangers or rushers, tend to fuck up Paladen's teamwork to a large degree, due to all of Paladen being allergic to the UP key. This is where luring and things like that come into play, which Clausehouse mentioned in another thread by calling Beam his MVP of one of the matches, despite Beam having only a 5-4 record. Paladen can be lured into shooting bad lobs, and any smart rusher/midranger/teamer with any semblence of aim can take that player out quite easily. I do believe this game will either be a complete blowout, or a very, very close match coming down to a 1v1 with both players on 9. If it comes down to that, it will be Jessup (due to his insane running skills) vs someone else in Lightning Strike (hopefully not me, since I'm nowhere near the player I was 5+ years ago, due to rust and generally being past my prime). We'll see what happens, but I honestly don't predict Paladen winning. This is why I bought myself in TWLM!

Speaking of TWLM, who actually does the pricing system for players? I haven't logged into TW for a good 4 years prior to 2 weeks ago, and before that, I haven't logged into TW more than twice in a couple years then either (which is why I joined Disoblige at the time, since that squad was always full of inactive people). Basically, I haven't played TWL in probably 6 years or so, so I question why my price was so high in TWLM. It should've been really cheap. This is just a random side-top though.

Anyways, down to the point:

Winner Lightning Strike 50-45

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note: This was my first attempt at this, and I was asked to do it on a last minute basis due to cancellations by the other writers. Do to that fact, there may be errors. Also, any constructive criticism (other than "fuck you exalt, you're a newbie, suk dik) kinda thing would be greatly appreciated. If people like what they see, I'll do it more often. I'm also supposed to do the HoN section for this week's LD, so if anyone would like to coordinate it with me, I'm all for it. If you watch a game that I'm unable to attend (I should be able to see them all though), please write me an Email on here, or a PM in game, and I'll write your observations (with credits) into the HoN thread. Oh yeah, and anyone who wants to write about the Lightning Strike vs Paladen game, feel free, since I'll be naturally biased due to probably having to play in it myself. This is up to you guys though. Thank you for the future feedback, assuming anyone actually reads this LOL.
    Last edited by Exalt; 02-21-2014, 10:37 PM.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Can't take Jauns lightly. Nowyoudie and Fiora are capable players.
    Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
      Can't take Jauns lightly. Nowyoudie and Fiora are capable players.
      I don't really know who they are, so it was hard for me to give accurate predictions based on that. I did my best with the knowledge I had, and also the deadline I had to work with. If you have any suggestions though on things I need to change or fix in the future, let me know and I'll change it, plus give you credit for the changes.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Thanks for the write up Exalt even though I disagree with two of your 4 predictions lol :P Gl this week though. Glad you made it into TWL after all. Fierce vs Value 50-43 Paladen vs Lightning Strike 50-43. Other 2 sound games sound about right to me.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Lightning strike will beat pala if flew and chuckle r playing. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            Thanks for the write up Exalt even though I disagree with two of your 4 predictions lol :P Gl this week though. Glad you made it into TWL after all. Fierce vs Value 50-43 Paladen vs Lightning Strike 50-43. Other 2 sound games sound about right to me.
            LOL well, considering we are playing each other, I think we both will be naturally biased vs each other on our respected squads, so that's expected. As far as Value vs Fierce, I had to pick an upset of the week, and I think Value has the best chance this season of beating Fierce. I could easily be wrong, but I want to have an upset pick each week, and that seemed to be the best bet. We'll see what happens Sunday
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

not that im against it but flew is able to play for lightning strike even after being on wolf since both the soft/hardlocks have passed?
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                not that im against it but flew is able to play for lightning strike even after being on wolf since both the soft/hardlocks have passed?
                Yeah, as far as I've been told, it's something to do with him being on LS BEFORE LS was officially in TWL. Due to LS being a replacement squad, any1 on LS b4 making TWL is eligible. For instance, a lot of savanger players joined LS recently, and none of them are eligible to play. Make a lil more sense? I'm also eligable to play as well, while I wasn't for Wolf to due hardlock. It's a weird rule, but I guess that's one of the loopholes with replacement squads?
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I treat replacement squads like soft lock is just coming on. Mainly so they can actually get some decent players that havent played in twl yet =p
                  5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                  1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                  1:fiS> LOL
                  1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

I'm not even a potential starter
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Nice write up exalt. Keep it up.
                      3x TWLD All-Star
                      2x TWLD Finals MVP
                      2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable View Post
                        Nice write up exalt. Keep it up.
                        Thank you Dele. Much appreciated, especially coming from you. You aren't one to give compliments very often lol, so it's nice to see you give one for a change.

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                        I'm not even a potential starter
                        Sorry Ricko lol! I had like a 10 minute deadline to write this up, so I didn't have much time to really check lineups. TBH, I sort of just picked the best 5 players that I could find for each squad who also have stared in the previous week(s) TWL games. I'm not sure if you've started or subbed or whatnot, so like I said, I could be wrong on stuff like that. Start his weekend and prove me wrong! I'll be doing the HoN section for LD as well, so if you start, MVP for me and will make sure to give you glowing review to make up for it
                        Last edited by Exalt; 02-22-2014, 12:08 PM.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

"Crescent Seal

not that im against it but flew is able to play for lightning strike even after being on wolf since both the soft/hardlocks have passed? "

"Reckful

I treat replacement squads like soft lock is just coming on. Mainly so they can actually get some decent players that havent played in twl yet =p"

"Exalt
                          Yeah, as far as I've been told, it's something to do with him being on LS BEFORE LS was officially in TWL. Due to LS being a replacement squad, any1 on LS b4 making TWL is eligible. For instance, a lot of savanger players joined LS recently, and none of them are eligible to play. Make a lil more sense? I'm also eligable to play as well, while I wasn't for Wolf to due hardlock. It's a weird rule, but I guess that's one of the loopholes with replacement squads? "

So I do hope everyone realizes this is sort of putting us/Paladen at a disadvantage since we have had to struggle along all season following rules with the roster we had. These guys basically get to choose from entire zone and seek out best wbs who haven't twled, plus Lighting Strike wasn't even a squad when TWL quali's began which I believe is the criteria in order to be a replacement squad to be able to play TWL. I'm not going to appeal or fight this I guess though since we will be making playoffs either way this year but I'm just saying this is some fly by the cuff stuff. I understand how this has happened though. Just in a way sucks for us lol. We will be ready to fight though. GL guys. This is a rule for next season that should definitely be worked out and written
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

@ Jessup

pala making playoffs? I guess thats only true if more than 4 squads could qualify

Comment

Top 6 squads make playoffs ipad. Lightining would need to beat Pandora and then it would be a tie.. that is assuming they beat us this week. Don't understand your comment?? Also disagree about the flew and chuckle making lightning win period comment if they play . :S <3
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X