No announcement yet.

Season 18: TWLD Official Predictions Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never said I was any good anymore Oranje This is what happens when you quit for 5 years and have a week to unrust Maybe I never will, who knows? Doesn't mean I can't evaluate things or write prediction/Hot or Not Threads, does it?
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      This is what happens when you quit for 5 years

Comment

LOOOL. Oranje ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post

I fail to see what this post is proving killerbee2??? Could you explain?
          Last edited by Exalt; 02-26-2014, 03:10 AM.
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

yo qpr legit made me laugh irl looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllll

exalt u letting yourself get trolled bad by qpr aka mr. chaos II
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Ex I believe he's pointing out you have been gone for about 3 years aaccording to your squad history. .even though you said 5.. it's all the same to me.. Hell i get rusty when I'm gone for more than a few weeks.
              help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
              help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Originally posted by Weak View Post
                Ex I believe he's pointing out you have been gone for about 3 years aaccording to your squad history. .even though you said 5.. it's all the same to me.. Hell i get rusty when I'm gone for more than a few weeks.
                Well, yes TWD says 3 years, but it was more like 4 if you REALLY consider it. I did log in like once or twice like 3 or 4 years ago, for maybe 10 minutes. That's when I joined Disoblige and that Dishonored squad. They asked me to join within the 10 minutes I logged in and I did so. Even still, logging in twice for a total of maybe 20 minutes in 5 years is basically what I mean by saying I was gone for 5 years.

If you want to make it completely accurate, I haven't been ACTIVE (and I mean active as in actually unspeccing and playing longer than 10 minutes in a 3 year period) since when I was playing my last TWL game for Paladen. That was 5 years ago as far as I know. Maybe it was 4. I'm not sure, but close enough?

Either way, how is this "owning me" like everyone says? I don't get it. I never claimed to be good anymore. I'm BEYOND rusty at this point. I'm worse now than I was as a newbie in 1999. As you can see, I average like 6-8 in TWD vs pretty bad squads. I have occasional moments where I get in the "zone" (you good players know what I mean by getting in the zone means) and do fairly well with like a 16+ kill game where it sees I can't miss and dodge everything matrix style, but that's very rare now. I simply cannot get back into the groove of things like I used to. Shit isn't coming naturally anymore like it always did before. I have to think now when I play, whereas before (and what most of you who are still active do naturally) play based purely on muscle memory/instinct. I dunno.

I seriously think I need someone to take some time out and help me get my game back. I was never the BEST WB in the game by any stretch, but I had some pretty decent TWL years were I averaged a good 12 something kills a game. I seriously can't even fly right now lol. I hit rocks and shit when I fly. I time energy wrong now when I rush, so everything is basically a suicide even after making the person miss first (there are too many floaters/non-dodgers for my taste these days), and seriously my aim is just... off. I dunno.

If anyone wants to take the time to help me unrust, I'll love you long time AZN style (no homo). Anyway, why troll someone that quit for years and years? Did I call you a newbie too much 5 years ago when you were a newbie scrub? I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, so how can any of you remember things I did/said to you 5/6 years ago? That kinda stuff is just beyond me I guess. Oh well, troll on I guess. I really don't care. I only respond out of curiosity I guess.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

we just recruited top5wb Jaa aka tragik aka hinata-chan to wolf. he will guide you to the wb promise land.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    we just recruited top5wb Jaa aka tragik aka hinata-chan to wolf. he will guide you to the wb promise land.
                    Jaa truly is top5wb 4eva & eva. Jaa will always be top5wb in my mind. Jaa is top5 everything. Gud recruit Cres mah man. Gud recruit indeed.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

hi
                      do you even have big bullets?

it should probably be forced upon everyone because the default is way harder to dodge
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        do you even have big bullets?

it should probably be forced upon everyone because the default is way harder to dodge
                        Yes, I have bigbullets, and I even have that little red dot in front of my ship. It doesn't matter. My aim just sucks, and even though I know HOW to play, I know the angles, and things like that... I just can't get the "feel" of it all back again. I don't know why. Being good in Trenchwars for me, in any ship, has a lot to do with being able to "feel" the game without thinking about it. I can't explain it in any good way, but I think you know what I mean.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

i've had some trouble in the past with the angles (you know them but you will miss). for example, switching from a 1680x1050 (playing another zone) to 1280x1024 is bad. another one was when i played on a widescreen monitor the game got stretched out leaving me with no time to dodge bullets even on 1280x1024.

since you have already put in the work years before, it is simply a matter of time before things start to get better again. play wb elims so you can learn-relearn patterns (the way people play changes pretty much all the time, this is why players are 'rusty' they have to re-learn the patterns! (coined by sirius, credit goes to him).

in any case, foreign said it best. (paraphrasing) if you feel like you suck, just take it easy and don't try hard, just don't give a damn and it will work itself out.

Comment

another one was when i played on a widescreen monitor the game got stretched out leaving me with no time to dodge bullets even on 1280x1024.
                            This might be one reason for why I get strayed so much now. I'm using a monitor with a widescreen res, and it seriously is crazy how many strays hit me now. They aren't radar shots, because I don't see anyone on radar. So either those players can see me on their radar and I can't see them, or I don't know. Maybe this new res is screwing me up in a lot of ways beyond just the "rust" factor. I don't even know what res I'm using exactly... I think it's like 1366x768. I don't know if that matters or not, but I always used to play on the 1280x1024 res, and it really does seem like I'm getting radar/strayed a lot more now, and I don't cant predict/dodge shots that I have no idea have a chance of coming.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

This might be one reason for why I get strayed so much now. I'm using a monitor with a widescreen res, and it seriously is crazy how many strays hit me now. They aren't radar shots, because I don't see anyone on radar. So either those players can see me on their radar and I can't see them, or I don't know. Maybe this new res is screwing me up in a lot of ways beyond just the "rust" factor. I don't even know what res I'm using exactly... I think it's like 1366x768. I don't know if that matters or not, but I always used to play on the 1280x1024 res, and it really does seem like I'm getting radar/strayed a lot more now, and I don't cant predict/dodge shots that I have no idea have a chance of coming.
                              well that there is a huge (pun intended) reason

Comment

well that there is a huge (pun intended) reason
                                lol, well this laptop doesn't allow me to go into 1280 res, so I'm stuck with the res I'm at. I guess I just have to relearn the game this way, and try to predict strays the best I can based on where I "think" the enemy players are at, even though they aren't on my radar and I'm probably on theirs. Idk. It is just really frustrating to me to have spent a good 14 (more like 10, since I quit for 4 years or so) years playing a game, hitting a peak where I'd win literally every elim I played assuming I wasn't fucking around and typing/afking the whole time. I was averaging at least 12 kills a game in TWL back when TWL was competitive, and was carrying lessor TWL squads on my back. At this point, I get recruited solely based on name recognition through past exploits, and I feel like I let my team down everytime I die out with 8-10 records. I suppose that 8-10 record is a good thing NOW, considering I was seriously doing 2-10's when I first came back. Maybe it is slowly coming back, but every time I quit for a long period of time (usually, it was around 6 months or so, not years) I'd never lose my dodging ability at the very least. It was like riding a bike. You never unlearn that. So I could play DD's or TWL or Elim and I may not get as many kills as I'd like, but I'd never die out, I'd dodge every shot, and eventually when you can dodge everything around you, kills come anyways. So I would get by doing that after those long breaks (and I think everyone takes a break from this game, and do it more often the longer you've played, you know how that goes Jones). I'm probably preaching to the choir here, because you know how to play and were probably always a better wb than me to begin with Jones, simply due to having won LD titles (as far as I can remember) and being on those stacked Syndicate, Elusive, -f-, type squads. I always was a Quicksand guy, so I stuck with that or squads around that caliber (at the time, those were Sweet, Heavy, etc before they got "better"). I enjoyed being the top dog on squads like that, whereas if I was on the best "stacked" squad like Fierce, I'd be benching. I'd rather play and be counted on than bench, so that was my game. At this point though? I should be benching for Lightning Strike, and they were largely considered a newbie squad when I joined, and they only got a lil respect after the TWL win against Paladen (which is also largely... a newbie squad, if we are being honest). Just looking at my TWD averages makes me frustrated lol.

To put it plainly... I got trolled by Oranje of all people (ORANJE!!!!) by him simply posting a gif of my TWDD average. I think it is like 6-9. I do win more than I lose, due to knowing how to team and those things, and I can still lure for people that actually do have aim, but... I don't know. I feel like I've lost 10 steps, and it annoys the hell out of me. I should be back to semi-normal by now, being 3 weeks back. Yes, I quit without logging in once for a good 4 years (more like 5 or 6 since I've been actually active), and so maybe 3 weeks is not very long, but to me it is embarrassing.

I mean... I look at guys like you, or Jack, or whoever who have quit for years at a time and who came back... and while you aren't as good as you were while active and cared about the game, you still hold your own and you still knew all the little tricks that come with experience and skill. I still know the tricks, and they still work, but I miss the shot even after I get them in the position I want them in (literally, I could rush someone, be right on top of them, and I'll miss lol). I don't know... I guess I'm just ranting at this point, but I appreciate the encouragement. I really do. I know this game is dying, and I want to help it survive. For me to do that, I need to gain some respectability as a player back, not just write forum posts and things. Players listen to me based on me being an older player (circa 1999/2000) which isn't nearly as old as some, but is a grandfather compared to some newer guys. So yes, they listen due to that, but if I continue averaging negative rec's in TWDD or TWL, then that will stop, and then what good am I in helping get the other players on our side in helping/caring about the zone?

I guess what I'm saying is... I respect Demonic as a sysop simply because Demonic used to be a very, very good player. Beyond that, she's smart. It would be as if Banzi/Blood/Sika/Epiniphrine came back and became sysop, and said "lets fix this zone!!!!" People respect them already due to their skill, so they listen. If a player like Pee Pee Sock (bad example, but you get the idea) became sysop and said the same thing, people would laugh and nothing would get done. I came back due to wanting to help the zone, yet not wanting to join staff and enter that trap of political BS. So my way to contribute is to be good again and then get people's ear.

Ahhhh, this is getting too long. Either way, thank you Jones for the words of encouragement. From one vet to another, I appreciate your advice.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X