Top Basers of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Basers of All Time

Hello, I'm bored and this will probably be my only TW post for the next year so since this hasn't really been done, and only really talked about in arenas, I have some time to burn. Bare with me as I'm typing from my phone;

Top Terrs;
    Honestly, I'm going to personally name in my opinion who I think is best in their perspective ships from gameplay I've seen.

1. Cape - Has always been a champion, single handedly has carried squads to titles. Cape has shown that he IS the anchor of basing squads. Dice could not win a title without him. Cape has always been top tier. I remember when Sage was beating Dice in LB when they had Chief in terr. Once Cape was subbed in it was a one sided game, rest was history.

2. Zizu - Zizu in my opinion is the second best of all time. He has been the under dog and has carried many squads deep into playoffs with his high kill rate and low death ratio in terr. Both Cape and Zizu are very aggressive terriers. Zizu in his prime, I can definitely say he's second best in my opinion.

3. Mitch - I've always thought he was a beast in terr. A very unorthodox terrier that carried -F- plenty of times deep into LB playoffs. He did not play the season -F- won LB, but I think this well seasoned vet has always been in the top tier list of terriers.

4. Brookus - Say what you guys want, but I personally think Brookus is part of this top tier list. Brook has always had a shitty lineup in A-S except in the Holydude and Spy/nethila era. Brookus has always carried his team, and despite giving people a good reason to go lines=0 during games, I think Brookus knew the game very well. Knew when and where to drop his players off during FR battles, and had a high game IQ when he took this game serious (This was before Jacklyn was his starting spider).

5. Bram - Yea, I definitely think the Disoblige legend definitely deserved a spot on this list. Bram was another unorthodox terrier who played very aggressive. I definitely think if he had a steady basing lineup every LB game Diso played they would've won titles. Even though bram did make a lot of stupid decisions during LB games, I definitely think he was someone a lot of people under estimated in terr.

I didn't have the privilege to see Mythrandir, 2dragons, I remember Hercules terring too for Pirates, to put them on my list. I'm sure from what I've heard Myth deserves a spot on the list, I'll leave that up to you guys.

If I missed anyone else feel free to add them, as it's 636 AM and I'm going from the top of my head.

Top Sharks:
    1. a2m - I'm sure everyone knows this. a2m has always been the best shark in this game. He's carried many sharks on dice to win championships. (Cough riske). a2m can team with probably any mediocre shark and teach them the ropes and take them far into playoffs. a2m has always been consistent and his titles speak for themselves.

2. Mattey - Yep, Mattey. Even though I personally think he eats 17 bullets in between reps he is a force to reckon with. Me as a spider always hated playing against him. He can single handedly handle a team with his perfectly timed reps and bombs. He's carried Vati plenty of times in playoffs, and definitely carried zidane. He also did a great job teaching zidane how to shark.

3. Windreaper - To all the new guys, I'm sure you won't know who he is. This -F- vet was ALWAYS a consistent shark. From what I remember he never really had a solid shark partner besides Nockm. But Wind did a great job and was very consistent. (Or was he in A-S?) I might be confused with what squad he played for, but he definitely rings a bell when I think of top sharks.

4. Dwopple - I've seen this guy grow from the beginning. Me and him were on our first basing squads together and played many LB finals together. I think Dwop has the same style as Mattey, but is a little less conservative. Dwopple is another shark that has always been consistent, and solid. Has a high basing IQ, and is definitely one of the top tier sharks.

5. Cig Smoke - Even though Cig played most of his career partnering with a2m, I truly think Cig deserves a spot here. He's more of a conservative shark than aggressive, great team player and is very consistent. Cig never really had a problem with his basing consistency and repelling. I think a2m and Cig were the best basing pair this game has seen.

6. Vatican Assassin - I remember when TW was alive and actually had rivalries. Vatican started for Pandora during the Eelam shit talking era. Vati in his prime has always been a very consistent and trust worthy shark. Vati, like Cig is a more conservative shark. Vati has always been a top tier shark.

People I really didn't see play, but I've heard great things about; panhandler, PaulOakenFold, za gophar, fireballz(I only played with him for one seasonI can't really base an opinion on his sharking), Grephen. Feel free to add whoever I forgot and your opinions. I'm sure I'm probably missing a few key sharks.

Top Spiders:
    1. Megaman89 - Not to be biased, but I have always thought mega was the best spider to play this zone. Mega has always had the ability to carry a squad no matter where he was. He was the aggressive anchor to any spider lineup. Mega has always been consistent in his LB appearances and has always been a force to reckon with. Mega was the one who taught me everything I knew, and took me in when I was a pubber and showed me the ropes.

2. Cripple - CAUSE ITS MY THREAD AND MY OPINION I DONT GIVE A FUCK - BOW DOWN TO THE UNDISPUTED 15X OVER 100,00 KILLS IN LB PLAYOFFS, OVER 300 PLAYOFF MVPS, MVPED EVERY FINALS AND PLAYOFF APPEARANCE, THE BEST OVER KILLING SPIDER THIS ZONE HAS EVER SEEN, OVER 1 MILLION KILLS IN SPIDER IN TWBD, BOW DOWN TO THE CUBAN KING. ( I'm not going to state my playing style, or what I've done, I guess I can let someone else put that down there, but I do think I'm the second best spider to play). If someone could be so kind to put a review for me, thanks.

3. Sika - Yep, the best three leaguer to ever play this zone. Sika has always been a force to reckon with in spider and has always dominated in consistency and carrying in -F-. Sika is a powerhouse. I remember facing him in LB finals with Syndicate. Cheater or not, Sika was an animal. And always dropped the kills.

4. Jamal - Man I love Jam, guy is a legend. Jamal is a pushing machine and has always been respected in spider. He has always put Spastic on his back and has carried that team time and time again. He doesn't give one shit about his record, has always been a trustworthy solid spider, and has always performed when needed. He's a very unorthodox spider and always found a way to put pressure on other squads. Not to mention his playoff and LB stats have always been top notch.

5. Domi - Sikas batman, this Finn has always been well respected in what he does. Even though he sometimes is a camping machine, he is definitely one of the best spiders. His presence alone in basing games was enough to make people 1v1 him. Domi is definitely a legend and another one that is definitely a top tier spider.

6. Stayon - Puta has always been one of the best. Probably the best 1v1 spider in under in his prime, and has always been another one of those that you really don't want to 1v1 because you'll lose. Stayon is another unorthodox spider who has shitted on many people, and has definitely the ability to hold down under on his own as he's done many times in the past on dice and when he was on Spastic.

7. Dttr - I'm sure many of the new players won't know who he is. He was a spastic star. Dttr I can say it have seen this guy spid, and he is another pushing machine. A lot like Jamal's style. Dttr has always been that go in guy, and not think twice about it back then. I've seen him play many games and has done work in spider. He is another one who definitely has been forgotten on the top spider list.

8. Shayde - I would say maybe Shayde is more up there, but the list is very tough. Shayde is another spider who when put on a squad they have playoff potential. Shayde has always been one of those spiders who have been very consistent in performance and killing. Shayde is a basing slayer, and always ends games on the high end of kills.

9. Solace - I haven't really spent too much time watching this man play, but when I have I have always seen this guy dominate. Solace is another aggressive spider from A-S. Definitely hall of fame material.

10. Sumpson - It was hard to pick between sump and spikey. But I think Sumpson won it. Sumpson was the BasingCrew captain, and was a solid spider when he wasn't terring for BC. Sump won a title with dice, with his solid under performance against Pandoras infamous Sarger and Zung under.

Honorable spider mentions: Totem, Zung , AcidBomber, Nethila(#1 camper), Eke(#2 camper).

I know some of you are saying, "WHERE THE FUCK IS HOLYDUDE AND SPY?!" , well I have never had the privilege to really see any of them play but I have heard amazing things from these two. Feel free to put them on whatever spot you guys think. If I saw them I would've placed them somewhere in the top 10.

If I forgot anyone again, feel free to add them. I think I named slot of the ones we have always reminisced and talked about in arenas. As I've never really seen a basing threat like this, I think every single person that was added here deserves to be added into the Hall of Fame.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

PaulO could rep in warbird

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

good writeup. basing is a league where its very difficult to pinpoint a top 10 in any ship because of how many people have played and how many seasons there have been.

here are some honorable mentions that weren't in crips post (in no specific order, and I'm sure i missed some)

Terrs (some aren’t the “best of all time” but worth mentioining because I liked to play vs them):

-warportal - still holds the best terr record in an LB game of all time, 81-0, and highest bounty in an LB game of all time, 1000+. that single game inspired me to terr. he should be top 5-10 without a doubt

-Mythrandir - used to outkill half of the spiders on his team. we're talking about a terr who would rack up 80-100 kills in a single game. just to rep him harder, this guy would get MVP in point races. Point race MVPs had the most kill points in the game, and he'd often beat every spider to it

-arrogance/Bronchitis - both of these guys had their share of starting time for whiterabbits in terr. arro was a beast spider too but i think one or 2 seasons of LB he took over as terr. i idolized the shit out of these guys

-Dead_Rain – he is easily one of the best who ever played. Think this guy went a whole regular season with 1 death or less in every game the same season that penetrate won. a perfect blend of aggressive and conservative

-Pasco - leader and terrier for Camisade, veteran right here, never won anything but Cami made playoffs once or twice I believe

-Mikkiz - a great terr, entertaining to vs

-Cintra - one of the masters of the passive style. had an incredible season with pene. always fun to play against you bud

-Reaver - from a much different time in basing, but still a vet. was even pretty good when he came back a few seasons ago

-JeBu - terrier for basingcrew, they made playoffs one season and despite his terrible lag he was pretty good. not top 5-10, but worth mentioning

-WingZero – one of the more consistent of all time, deserves a mention. Big terr for Mambo (SSPK too)

-ChinoStyla – Sk8’s terr, worth mentioning although he wasn’t one of the best of all time

-Everest/Ivan. – always liked to vs. this guy. He was the first to bridge the gap between TW and another zone when he started Burning Rose and took players from DSB into TW. great terr

-Chief Ustav/Nova Itachi - won an LB title with dice, deserves a mention, i remember showing him the ropes way back but dice took him to a diff level

-Utopia – terr for Ancients. legendary pubber too

-Ajaxee – another terr worth mentioning just for old times sake. Solid terr from Cripples and some other squads.

-Sauro – muh boy ray j.. always loved vsing him even though his style was the opposite of mine. rip brother

-Kings – was always fun to play against Kings

Spiders:

-Holydude – still imo one of very best spiders of all time. guy was absolutely amazing

-Koan – should be top 10 imo, guy was a fukin monster

-HELLZNO! – also one of the best who ever played

-Lunch3 – some say he’s the best of all time, and I think he deserves the mention. Did great work for the zone with rejected basers and used to get some of the highest kill games ever recorded in BD

-royst – one of the best pushing spiders to ever play the game

-Nuudeli – also one of the best in his prime. undoubtedly

-Deck – one of the best in his prime imo, huge killer

-bliz – anyone remember this guy? he was a huge killer and a beast on any team he played on.

-zhou – led penetrate to 2 titles, deserves a mention. One of the best under spids

-Ezo – iirc, the best spider on whiterabbits and also played a bit for Disoblige

-Necromotic – surprised he wasn’t up there, legendary baser/jav, one of the best in his prime imo

-Ease - proved over the last few years that he's up there as one of the best modern spiders

-Spezza <TW> - him too. amazing 1v1 spider and crazy killer when he's well-practiced

-Deverse – one of the best spiders in the period that he played. added to any squad he played for.

-M_M God – consistently one of the top spiders since the old days, deserves a mention for sure

-Nosey – under for A-S when they won LB.

-malladrin - also one of the notable spiders from the whiterabbits era. still plays pub!

-the Pioneer – elite spider for disoblige, I remember him having big games back in the day. I don’t think he showed much for LB though

-Spybreak! – this guy was the original camper. iory was gr8 but Spybreak! was classic

-LaBero – I also remember him being hailed as one of the best on wr

-NaiLed – one of the best from Diso’s era

-bram – surprised crip listed him as a terr, guy was a monster spider in his prime (warportal used to terr in Diso golden ages)

-Tsumetai - beast spider, similar to Deverse imo

-Roggan – really impressive spids from the RB/Pene era

-Jrahen - monster lag but so good in spider

-Eeks – vet spider, never saw him have a bad game

Sharks:

-ph - how is he not up here? lol one of the best ever

-Stabwound - also great

-Hannes – pro from Light/-f-, pretty sure he won a title

-Jeenyuss/veloce/fermata – all elite sharks of penetrate who have won titles, some of the best and smartest who ever played

-TABARNAK – should def be on here ) brought a whole new meaning to aggressive shark

-fizzy – always led Mambo to be a competitor, miss him and his crew even though they hated me

-Eggs R Evil/Jonas/Miau/X Machine – all elite Disoblige sharks, rip

-panhandler/PaulO – awesome duo, used to love watching them play

-jr5 – everyone makes jokes about aliases being jr5 now, but he was one of the better sharks in his day

-bloodzombie – sharked for pallies, has to be mentioned as he made playoffs numerous times and was very good

Vet pubbers (for fun)

Relativity_17 (FMM)
      Sweet Leaf and the rest of Floydians
      DUTCH MADNESS and the rest of Scumbags
      Twisted 1! (Floydians)
      Beef Lo Mein
      Cig Smoke (top shark too obv)
      shyne (JAMAL) and all of FMM were beast
      Last edited by Pressure; 07-16-2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

shoutouts to dead_rain, lunch3, royst, zhou, tsumetai, cintra, fermata, veloce, n trasher
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

many old players missing there, but as u said u havent seen or remember many of those, so its understandable.

u overrated some players there, mainly sumpson and bram, seen many better than those in the recent years, even thought they are both great basers. i id bump my brother over domi, and i think u messed up in dttr's description, since he wasnt a pusher (i played with the guy), he was mostly a high kill/low death spid, but ye he was amazing.

other than the players you mentioned, some ppl that i think that deserve to be mentioned:

Terr:

Mikkiz(yes he is an absolutle beast)
          Warportal(diso's best terr ever)
          Mythrandir(along with zizu, best killing machine in terr)

Shark:

Greven(other than a2m, no other shark made me feel as safe as him)
          Stabwound(amazing on his prime)
          Miau/jonas Duo(best shark duo Pre-Cram)

Spid:

Kronian/Thundermare (my fav spid to watch around season 6/7)
          Koan
          Spybreak
          Holydude
          Mikes(not because of his skill level, but because i think he is the original Under Only spid in tw, paved the way for some of today's spids)
          Spezza(forgot him, edited)

Jav:

No one can Kill Me( easily the best base jav ever imo)
          Last edited by kess; 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM.
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Thix> Stop trying to be ph

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

As mentioned above,
              Dead_Rain should be in the top terr list and Stabwound should be in the top shark list.
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I'd put Ease in as top if not best basebird
                sigpic

Trench Wars Rap Battle 1&2 Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ffe View Post
                  I'd put Ease in as top if not best basebird
                  hmm nope

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                    hmm nope
                    What you're saying is you can think of 10 people who are better than him? I'd like to know them
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ffe View Post
                      What you're saying is you can think of 10 people who are better than him? I'd like to know them
                      it's not rly a ship worth making a top 10 for

fire phoenix and Displaced were good when they cared about it tho

Comment

oh I meant top 10 not top
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                          it's not rly a ship worth making a top 10 for

fire phoenix and Displaced were good when they cared about it tho
                          fair enough.
                          sigpic

Comment

Btw crip, where is TABARNAK!!! ? guy is an all-time great, Pub legend, strikes fears into his enemies.

and usually he lets his cats use his reps for him. he is that damm good.

Comment

My point of view (Point of view of the defending 2 time Champ/Breaking the tek record in LB finals)

Terrs

1. Cape - The guy is a monster. Flying by his side you just know you're going to win the game. Don't think he's ever lost an lb match tbh
                              2. Vatican Assassin - An absolute up and coming hall of fame type terr. Flying by his side you know victory is probably sealed
                              3. Dreamwin - The finnish flash...this guy is an insanely good terr with crazy lag
                              4. Ogron - Probably the top 4 terrier of all time, has come up BIG in like 2-3 LB matches

Sharks
                              1a. Mattey - The man is the best shark of all time. Flying by his side you know victory is ensured. His reps provide the maximum amount of efficiency and his offensive game reminds me of myself
                              1b. Zidane - An absolute hall of fame type player, broke the twlb finals tek record.
                              2. Vatican Assassin - One of the best sharks of all time, Played in a lot of big games and always did well.

Spider
                              1. Ease - This guy isn't even human. I don't think he's ever lost a game, just a freak of nature who doesn't miss
                              2. Spezza <TW> - He's been carrying bad spiders for a long ass time, when he finally joined up with legends he dominated the competition and mvp'd several big games
                              3. Solace - An absolute god baser. Similar to Spezza/Ease in terms that he pushes and his aim is on another level.
                              4. McVicar - Hands down the greatest under spider of all time
                              5. Hulk - Hands down the second greatest under spider of all time
                              6. Ogron - Insanely skilled spider. Top tier hall of fame talent. Any game he's in he may mvp it.
                              7. Turban - This guy lags so bad that even if he's bad he'll probably mvp the game

Lancasters
                              1. Beam - This guy has single handedly won games by himself. I've seen mind blowing scores against top competition. When he's in Lancaster people on the opposing team try match it by also lancing, this results in a 100% defeat rate for the opposing team (See stats vs Stayon etc). He is definitely the best lanacaster of all time
                              2. Ease - He pales in comparison to Beam in about 100% of every lancaster situation, but he still manages to put up insanely good TEK numbers on a consistent basis

Last edited by zidane; 07-17-2014, 09:21 PM. Reason: Added Lancaster Section

Comment

Working...
                              X