Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medal requirement discussion

hey,

i haven't given out that much thought for the new medal requirements that players need to meet for them to be eligible for a medal should their squad win a title.

however, i have been doing some really basic number crunching and figured out a decent benchmark to start working on the final requirements. it's still in its earlier stages and needs a lot of tweaking and if you wish to help let me know; or simply post your own version of the shit.

as an example i will use a three league squad that only makes it to the finals in one league (TWLD) and doesn't qualify for the other two playoffs. this squad will play at least 41 during the season with a maximum amount of games in their season being 48. this means there will be 226 to 251 chances for a player to be added to a game as a starting member and the number is even higher when you consider the substitutes as an option. with proper rotating and captaining, squads should have no issues making all their players eligible for the medals even with a bigger roster.

to be considered a contributing member of a squad, you would need to collect five game points throughout the season to be eligible for any medal your squad might win. these points can be obtained by simply playing games in TWL.

one full basing match would be worth 1.50 points as there are less games to be played (while more people do get a chance to play) and fighting leagues (TWLD/TWLJ) would be worth 1.00 points. substituting in and playing for long enough would net you 0.50 points. full game means you have to play for ~90% (or longer) of the game.

three league squads that make it to more leagues will obviously have more overall games and two/one league requirements would probably be slightly lower. the point is to encourage teams to rotate their benches and allow them some game time; make sure to ask your captain if you are getting to play on the team if you want to have some shiny internet medals to brag about.

i would keep track of the "player points" on a weekly basis in a thread to keep captains up-to-date with the current "medal eligibility" for each squad. it would be a lot of work (that i'd rather spend on something else), but still a nice enough of a feature for lazy captains -- and our web developers seem to have better things to do for the time being.

Originally posted by Turban View Post
    to be considered a contributing member of a squad, you would need to collect five game points throughout the season to be eligible for any medal your squad might win.
    tl;dr ^

This is a step in the right direction and should have been done years ago since the average twl nerd already has like 5 unearned medals. It seems like a lot of work to track these points so rip.

p.s. I can already imagine scenarios where there would be appeals. Imagine that a guy has 4.5 points and gets subbed into a LD finals round 3 match at the end of a game and gets the clutch double KO kills to win it all. Would he get the .5 points even if his total game sub time was 30 seconds?
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

LEAGUE & REQUIREMENT INFO POINTS MIN. POINTS MAX POINTS REG SEASON
      TWLB (PLAY FOR 90%>) 2.50 points 27.50 32.50 17.50
      TWLJ (PLAY FOR 90%>) 1.50 points 30.50 40.50 21.50
      TWLD (PLAY FOR 90%>) 1.50 points 30.50 40.50 21.50
      TWLB Substitute (>10 MINUTES) 1.50 points 16.50 19.50 10.50
      TWLB Substitute (3 - 10 MINUTES) 1.00 points 8.25 9.75 7.00
      TWLB Substitute (<3 MINUTES) 0.75 points 5.50 6.50 5.25
      TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (>4 KILLS) 1.00 points 20.00 27.00 14.00
      TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (2-4 KILLS) 0.67 points 13.40 18.09 9.38
      TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (<2 KILLS) 0.34 points 6.80 9.18 4.76

POINTS points gained by meeting the requirements
      MIN POINTS minimum amount of points a player can obtain from playing a league should their team make it to the playoff finals and win the league (11 games in TWLB, 20 games in TWLD/TWLJ)
      MAX POINTS maximum amount of points a player can obtain from playing a league should their team make it to the playoff finals and win the league (13 games in TWLB, 27 games in TWLD/TWLJ)
      REG SEASON points available during the regular season (7 games in TWLB / 14 games in TWLD/TWLJ)

Players would need to gain 6.00 game points to be eligible for a medal should their team win a title.

As an example, a player who has played three full TWLB games would be eligible for a medal. Alternatively, a player who played two TWLD games, one TWLB game and got two kills or higher in TWLD or TWLJ as a substitute would be eligible. This is meant to prevent players, who do not play a single game during the season, from obtaining a medal thus making them more prestigious. These numbers seem fair enough, but they can still be tweaked. They may seem a bit low or high to someone, so let me know if this looks good enough.

This is going to be a pain in the ass to keep track as due to the lack of Web Developers it has to be done manually. I'll probably be the one updating current point count(s) squad on some thread when the season starts.

Pre-Season Week 1 would not count.
      Last edited by Turban; 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

the minimum point requirement could also be increased to 7.50 points if a squad participating in three leagues. this would still be three full base matches to be eligible or one more TWLJ/TWLD game. thoughts?

Comment

Is TWLB (90%> or FULL GAME) meant to be read as TWLB (90% t < FULL GAME(t) ) Where t is the time of the match?
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

i was being lazy and decided to simplify it.

basically, has to play for an amount greater than 90% of the overall game time to qualify for the full game point rewards. i didn't even need to add "full game" to the brackets as playing 90% of the game is already enough to qualify.

oh well.

Comment

amend the table to this and I will be happy
              LEAGUE & REQUIREMENT INFO POINTS MIN. POINTS MAX POINTS REG SEASON
              TWLB (PLAY FOR >90%) 2.50 points 27.50 32.50 17.50
              TWLJ (PLAY FOR >90%) 1.50 points 30.50 40.50 21.50
              TWLD (PLAY FOR >90%) 1.50 points 30.50 40.50 21.50
              TWLB Substitute (>10 MINUTES) 1.50 points 16.50 19.50 10.50
              TWLB Substitute (3 - 10 MINUTES) 1.00 points 8.25 9.75 7.00
              TWLB Substitute ( < 3 MINUTES) 0.75 points 5.50 6.50 5.25
              TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (>4 KILLS) 1.00 points 20.00 27.00 14.00
              TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (2-4 KILLS) 0.67 points 13.40 18.09 9.38
              TWLJ / TWLD Substitute (<2 KILLS) 0.34 points 6.80 9.18 4.76
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

WHATEVER MAKES YOUR DAY!

Comment

heh sorry Turb, I used to be a math teacher so seeing incorrect use of inequality signs just annoys me : )
                  killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by but...why...per... View Post
                    heh sorry Turb, I used to be a math teacher so seeing incorrect use of inequality signs just annoys me : )
                    One of our Maths teachers was a pedophile. At which school did you teach? =.=
                    Menomena: I thought you were joking when you said your name was Chris. lol
                    Gripe: lol you too
                    Menomena: ! I told you my name first

Slum> turb watches too much anime he going DBZ on you right now b

Comment

i remember specifically for one of my medals, when it came time to hand them out or whatever, a captain specifically hit me up and told me my name would be going on the list because i bothered to show up every game and, even though i didn't play alot, i'd do shit like end post-loss arguments with jokes and shit like that. so i've always been under the impression that medals aren't automatically given to everyone rostered to a squad.

i'm not really worried about having to scratch and claw for play time this season, but i still have to ask- the ultimate decision still rests with the captains, right? i mean, what if someone goes the entire season wthout playing except for like, 45 seconds in a playoff game where someone lags out and this guy hops in, gets a TeK, and holds on for the last 15 seconds until the win? in terms of "points" he'd be possibly excluded, but in terms of keeping his team in the playoffs / being there for a critical moment seems like something a captain would see as a reason to toss them a medal.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i would want to reward activity, in terms of actually playing, and encourage squads to not get too many water boys. while this may seem inconsistent with the past seasons, we think we're going to the right direction with this change to make the league more competitive.

if you are showing every week, talk with your captain and try to get some games under your belt. we have pushed the soft and hard locks forward for a reason.

while this may not be the best solution to combat the stacking issue, it is at least the fairest one.

we could always work on a rule for exceptions like the one you mentioned, but that scenario seems quite unlikely to happen.

ps writing on the phone stinks.

Comment

i dont really give a damn about medals as it is easy to tell who is good/contributed to win or not. i doubt people are stacking/joining squads for the sole purpose of getting one, though there have been a few exceptions. people are joining because those squads are attractive, stable, active and guaranteed to be the thing everyone's talking about or something.

i have nothing to comment on your suggestion, turban. it just seems like alot of extra work for you, to weed out a very small percentage. people can contribute to their squad as basers or javelins even if their primary goal is to win twld. example being sweet when we won ld, I really wanted marge and eelam and others to be on that A1 list as they were still a crucial part of the team even if they never even entered the ld arena.

I guess the only real suggestion i have here is that you sort of highlight the starters and subs somehow at A1 in the league arenas. I think mythril proposed something and i replied my opinion about how it should look (will find a link later).
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

here's the link: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ads&highlight=
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Too complicated. I prefer:
                              - If someone played, they get a medal
                              - If they didn't play, they don't get a medal

Comment

Working...
                              X