Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLM

Hey,

we have opened TWLM (Trench Wars League Manager; http://twl.trenchwars.org/?x=twlm) again for this season, and Tiny has told me that he wants to donate $100 to the winners of this league (which probably means $25 for the winner of each TWLM League, I'm assuming) and he will provide further information and/or confirmation of this. This money will not be taken from the donation funds.

I will post more information later, and probably have some zoner(s) for this week when the bots get access to the biller server.

Another stupid idea. Offering money is incentive for people to manipulate the exploits in the system. All Captains and Assistant captains should be disallowed from participating. They will, and have in previous seasons, manipulate the lineups in games that can to support their own TWLM picks and bets. So Captains and Assistant captains have an advantage over the rest of those who are participating. There is a reason Pete Rose has been banned from baseball.

Everyone screams at the slightest indication of a staffer who might abuse or be doing their job perfectly but somehow it is fine to players and ‘vets’ to do whatever the fuck they want no matter how fair it may or may not be. And no, you can’t just blow it off with a ‘its Tiny’s money so he can do what he wants’. It’s a sanctioned TWL feature and one that reflects on the rest of the league. How can we be this stupid year after year? First, the team betting should not be a part of the manager stuff. Second, no real money should be offered. Third, Captains and Assistant captains should be disallowed from participating.

Come on, can we see at least one REAL improvement this year instead of all the bullshit fluff and lip service? We said that the rules would be rewritten but no substantial changes were really made. Qual was a cluster fuck. We all know that the stacked teams issue will once again be the dominate theme for the season. The issue for how/which teams get into TWL once again was tweaked and everyone is being allowed in. Shit, we can’t even get the right times (EST/EDT) straighten out on the website after 19 seasons. Now we are stepping into the same TWLM hole?
    Eph

Comment

if Tiny wants to throw away his money, its his problem and not mine, although I would like to gather the opinions of the players and TWL operators before making it officisl.

I am not forcing anyone to participate, and if a captain is really that desperate for $25 at the expense of their team.. well, way to ruin the fun of others and your team, and depending how blatant the case of throwing games is, we will give appropriate punishments. Try your hardest.

as I said, this is not confirmed and is up to the players to decide. I wanted to run TWLM in a vanilla state, no prizes, and am still leaning towards that tbh.

discuss, talk etc, we will announce the decision by Friday.
      Last edited by Turban; 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: fk phone

Comment

as an added note: it has to be an overwelming majority. TWLM has the potential to ruin the legitimacy of TWL season with cash prizes, which I would prefer to avoid. I should have been clearer in my opening post, but was in a hurry to leave work.

Comment

TWLM will most likely run without real prizes, as it is by design meant to be a fantasy league for fun and nothing more. I will edit the opening post when I get access to a computer, but once again I will not approve the money donation unless a vast majority of the players and TWL operatirs want it.

My own vote is a clear no; TWLM is a sub-league and should be treated as such.

Comment

ALL PEOPLE DO IS FACKING WHINE BRUV INNIT
            TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
            TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
            TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

aye, and this is something I had told to Ephemeral in-game already; I would personally have no prizes at all, and if my TWL operators agree with me then, uh, sorry Tiny. TWLM will run either way, with or without prizes, preferrably the latter option.

sure, one could say its my league and my decision, but I still want to hear what others have to say before making it final.

Comment

I only suggested and donated money to help stimulate the league and try and get people involved. You can crap on the idea all you want, but while your doing it, why dont you try giving another suggestion or better idea/incentive or just scrap it because you're wasting everyone's time with it. There has been no incentive or advertising of the TWLM except, "oh, hey we reset it. have fun doing something no one cares about and will receive nothing for it." Why even bother with it if your not going to do anything with it. A small percentage checks the forums and a smaller percentage checks this sub forum for TWLM.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

? i set zoners today for it, was too tired last night to do anything and went to bed. rip.

Comment

also noticed this was old thread and we discussed already. dead. but my viewpoint still stands. 8)

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

threads everywhere so confusing.......

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

ye it is. the main TWLM thread is stickified on TWL Subforums and TWLM subforums.

Comment

I have always been a strong advocate against the use of money to pay winners, money corrupts and I can easily see paladen winning their first ever BD this season just because it was nice money maker for person setting the line.

It may not mean much to those exploiting the system but I can certainly see it pissing in the face of some of those middle tier squads that are looking to break through to quarter finals and semis, also there are no TWL rules to deter such behaviour so I have no idea how you intend to sanction players/squads.

If little pixlated icons are good enough for TWL winners then surely something similar for the sub-league should appease TWLM winners and would be less likely to cause disruption.

If Tiny is really keen to throw money at TWLM then he can pay the best banner maker.
                          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

heavily against $. the whole zone knows meg threw some lbs for 20$

Comment

tiny should be **** ****er ****** ******** d**** ******s 4 donating his own money to whatever he wants
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X