• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB WEEK 3 HOT or NOT

TWLB WEEK 3 HOT or NOT

Paladen vs Thunder
    (01:13 - 15:00)

The storm took Paladen by surprise as Thunder took them out as quickly as a greased lightning, albeit the way how accomplished it was in a manner of utmost disrespect as they managed to turn a perfect learning experience into a complete joke. Not much can be said about the match itself as it was mostly an uneventful game due to Thunder turning it into a laughing matter. It was truly disheartening to see the end statistics as several of their bench players were playing in special ships, and the worst offender of all, Zidane, was lagging out on purpose to increase his RPD statistic then proceeded to brag about his accomplishment. Pathetic.

Nevertheless, it is worth mentioning Ogron for dropping an insane kill per minute ratio given the extraordinary circumstances.

HOT: Ogron with an astounding 84 kills in 16 minutes (157K/30M)
    NOT: Zidane - BOOO!

Enemy vs Royal
    (15:00 - 8:41)

This match was about to end abruptly as Royal was struggling hard, being down by 14 minutes and on the verge of getting aced by their opponents, but thankfully the beast slowly awakened from its slumber and managed to put up a decent fight, although it was a little bit too late. You could clearly see that the lack of practice is taking a toll on this squad, they seemed like a mere shadow of their former selves and it is definitely not helping their cause to not put any effort or passion into the game. It makes one wonder why Pressure was starting over Cape in terrier, who is arguably their star player and, based on his merits, arguably the best terrier this game has to offer. It is something they should consider come to the next week.

Enemy, on the other hand, performed in a matter of utmost excellence, and remain to be the favorites to win this TWLB season. The chain is as strong as its weakest link, and with their weakest link being a great player with close to no flaws, and hard to single out on top of that, Enemy are the team to beat if one wants to win the title.

However, the aftermath of this match was grueling to watch as several Royal members abandoned the sinking ship to join Enemy almost immediately after their loss. It is highly unlikely that all of these players will receive enough points to qualify for the medals should their new team win the title. It was a true display of poor sportsmanship, although when you glance at the names involved in the squad hopping, there is no way in hell you can be surprised given the reputation and history of the these players. Thankfully, Vatican Assassin quickly returned to Royal after leaving, props to you my friend.

Royals season is not over by any means. There are still several ways for you guys to break into the Top 4 and make it to the playoffs.

Match of the Week
    Cobra vs LEGO
    (13:28 - 15:00)

It was an extremely close match on paper, and turned out to be a nail biter when watching it live. This was no doubt a hard-earned victory for the LEGO crew despite all the efforts given by their opponents which included my boy, Jerome, attempting to salvage the situation at hand by substituting in during the latter parts of the game, but unfortunately fell a bit short from accomplishing this heroic act.

Nonetheless, Wax was performing well above my expectations by having a score of 43-5 with three TeKs, almost single-handedly carrying his team to victory, but sadly his opponents had a capable terrier themselves who carried his own weight and made close to no mistakes. Impressive, both of you.

Ultimately what swung the battle to LEGO favor was their spider strength, or rather their experience, but only by the smallest of margins. It was truly heartwarming to see their Extreme Games recruit, Jammu, not keeping his team back as he managed to hold his ground by himself. To me, LEGO simply looked like the stronger team. There is a small chance that the tides turned when Lilwade was substituted out for what seemed to be latency related issues, but surely Jerome couldn't have let me down. I can still vaguely remember Hazuki messaging me with "We did it!" after the match had ended, which put a smile on my face even though I wanted Cobra to win.

Another thing worth noting about this match was the sharks as it featured two players facing against their former squad. BongHits (3.1 RPD) left Cobra to LEGO after the first week, and Ephemeral was transferred to Cobra as a trade.

Lady luck did not smile on Cobra tonight.

HOT: Three spiders of LEGO: Temporary, Hazuki and NL>Trigger
    NOT: Jerome for not KAME-HAME-HAing his opponents in grand style
    Honorable Mention: Wax for almost carrying his team with his stellar performance

Sweet vs Dudgeon
    (4:23 - 15:00)

There was no hope. Sweet was doomed before the match had even started as none of their sharks showed to the game, and unfortunately this team heavily relies on their main sharks playing as their backup sharks happen to be their main spiders. Alas, enough with the excuses.

This match started in the worst possible way for Dudgeon as their terrier, Mikkiz, was experiencing some serious lag issues rewarding their opponents 4 minutes of flag time. Unfortunately, once Dudgeon had fixed their problems and substituted in another player, the Cinderella story of Sweet ended before it could even truly start. Sweet was unable to get another second of flag time, and to give credit where credit is due, that was because of Dudgeon playing excellently in all aspects of the game.

A deserved victory for Dudgeon, and Stayon was hunting sharks in a rate that would have made China jealous.

HOT: Stayon for dropping 90 kills in 19 minutes (142K/30M)
    NOT: entire Sweet roster, and their sharks for having an off-weekend

HOT of the WEEK: LEGO for getting that important win. You guys still have a chance to make it to the playoffs, keep it up!

NOT of the WEEK: Several members of Royal who left right before the soft lock. You guys don't amount to a bucket of spit in my eyes.

Thanks turb o/
    Big Chill

Comment

fantastic read

Comment

Enemy vs Royal (15 - 8:41)
        Your spider lineup is cripple, sphinx, sonny chiba, squall and wbm with sharks dwopple and vatican assassin and terrier pressure.

These are supposed to be some of the top players of this zone? So why is it that this lineup sucked balls beyond belief? This lineup got outkilled by 68. That last bd made these guys look like they just started playing tw. Vatican "the overrated" Assassin and Dwopple has been sucking for years but for some reason people think he's good, guy had a 2.6 rpd, even bad sharks don't hit 2.6 nowadays.

That lineup of "veterans" got demolished by trance rab and henry saari. Henry literally had 20 more kills than the next spider. HENRY. I actually can't believe this happened in an lb match. Even when a2m comes back for playoffs, royal is nothing to worry about because outside of cripple they don't have the spider power (anymore atleast)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enemy vs Dudgeon (15 - 11:43)
        Don't let this score fool you, this match was not that close. Zizu lagged out and noobius played terr for around 5 minutes, all 5 of those minutes dudgeon was getting time. As soon as zizu came back and subbed in, we got flag right away and finished the game off. If zizu did not lag out, this would have been a 15-6 rape.

Now look at dudgeons lineup: dreamwin, jamal, kess, stayon, +1(nok/omega) sharks: porkjet and commodo and terr mikkiz. We outkilled them by 68.
        Here is another lineup who has failed to meet expectation, you should be gettin at least 10 real minutes with this lineup.
        Things you won't notice from the boxscore is that even though Commodo had a 3.0 rpd, he wasn't playing that good, he wasn't effectively playing for his spiders and doing the little things like instead of taking bullets with your body to protect a spider behind you, he'd rush to a meaningless place to put a mine that did nothing while his spider got hit in open fire. He's partially the reason why all the spiders on his team are like +10 only except Jamal and Stayon who always play ok. How is it that 2 of the top spiders from dice's best lineup were included and they still got destroyed? I get it that enemy had a decent spider lineup, this is the kinda game that great players would have shown some resilience, but it just made you look like empty- above average spiders.

I won't say much more to this squad because they have 2 key pieces Zizzo and Imprudent who didn't play, but I hope you guys play better than playoffs, because that match was horrendous.

To me, it looks like the entire legenday dice lineup split up and created a bunch of shitty squads. Maybe the true glue guys to this squad were cape and megaman.

Royal and Dudgeon were supposed to be enemy's hardest games this season, with that being said this season sucks in terms of competition if enemy's lineup is able to dismantle all of you so easily. The only competitive game left is Thunder and that game will literally be a cake-walk unless mattey shows up.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

It was a great win for us and a much needed win. You forgot to mention we also had some lagout isssues in the game which almost effected us but we had a nice comeback.
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

??????????????????????

just died at downfalls post. a cakewalk.. u gotta show more respect to the 2x defending champs

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
              Vatican "the overrated" Assassin and Dwopple has been sucking for years but for some reason people think he's good, guy had a 2.6 rpd, even bad sharks don't hit 2.6 nowadays.

Royal and Dudgeon were supposed to be enemy's hardest games this season, with that being said this season sucks in terms of competition if enemy's lineup is able to dismantle all of you so easily.
              It's really sad to see you say that downfall, I enjoyed our short time sharking together on spastic, so much so that I told Fierce I would only join them if you could come along. Unfortunately each squad failed quickly, so I joined royal simply because in order for another season of twl to exist I knew that I should join a squad other than the 3 that looked like they had full line ups: enemy, thunder and dudgeon. So that's why "the entire legendary dice lineup split up and created a bunch of shitty squads."

But knowing twlb is dying didn't stop you from finding a cozy place on enemy to be 3rd shark on, it was very tempting to take menelvagor's offer of sharking with him, over you, for the rest of the season. "But aren't you sharking with downfall, though, he's really good?" That's what I legit said to him just this sunday 5 mins before softlock when he asked me to join, and he said, and I quote, "Nah he's a back up, cranium is MIA, I want you." But what does he know? and what does an over-rated shark like me know? Of course, you probably didn't even notice that I didn't enter the game until it was 8-0 because you were too busty patting your own dick in first class, yeah I'm back here stuck in coach, had to take my kids to the pumkin patch and the little shit took too long finding that perfect pumpkin. Real life problems, oh well, good luck on your "cake-walk" season, have fun "dismantling squads" now that dice and pandora are broken up you worthless selfish thankless piece of shit GOOD DAY SIR.

Comment

downfall, season just started can u relax?
                Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

ROFL. Downfall getting arrogant after 3 games.
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

who the fuck is downfall

Comment

LOL this thread delivers
                        Big Chill

Comment

I leave downfall's wrath unscathed.

​As per the agreement.
                          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

pretty sure downfall said the same shit last year and come playoff time he was in spec

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                              ROFL. Downfall getting arrogant after 3 games.
                              well i mean TWLB season is only technically like what, 7? 8? games? enemy squadron has already won 3 and, excluding their imminent assraping at the hands of squadron cobra this weekend, will only need like a game to clinch a playoff spot

of course the game changes when it gets to playoffs but judging by what we've seen already i think the arrogance is well-deserved
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X