Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what order and times should the TWL Finals be at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what order and times should the TWL Finals be at?

I have been considering doing the final series at 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, and 5:00 PM or 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM, and 5:00 PM, with the latter one being the more likely option.

These times could be pushed forward by one hour, but preferably that will not be done to prevent Europeans from getting screwed over too hard, and to ensure the best crowd possible to spectate the games.

I would like to do the games in this order: TWLJ -> TWLB -> TWLD. I would like to have TWLD as the final match series, as it is a tradition of some sorts by now.

We have potentially one more match than usual in the series. It has a chance to "draw out the finals" and thus it would probably be better to take that into consideration when making the schedule. Nevertheless, I want to hear the squads and players opinions before making the final call. I will announce the time slots for the finals when the playoffs begin.

Opinions? Objections?

I vote 2pm, 3:30pm and 5pm - given the finals are potentially a full 4 rounds long for ld/lj it makes sense to have them spread out more as I can't imagine we could fit them all into a 1 hour slot before the next league final, and it also gives us a little time to sort any issues out that may arise.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

i'm heavily leaning towards 2:00 PM / 3:30 PM / 5:00 PM setting, but there's always the chance of TWLB finals lasting forever (especially with this format) which is a potential issue in terms of scheduling.

Comment

So, after what happened last year, you want to give TWLB 90 minutes to finish. You expect to finish 3 potentially hour long games in 90 minutes, IF nothing goes wrong. Last year's LJ took what 2 hours? LD 2 hours? LB, 6 hours and counting? Put these games 2 hours apart, they don't have to start so late in the day. Most TWL games all regular season start earlier. Give yourself some room so LB actually starts at the assigned time. Put LB last, are you mad? 1 pm 3pm 5pm

edit: oh you're playing best of 5 but it starts at 1 and now you're thinking omg I got to explain this doubel elim tourny thingy again really vati really and I'm like that's right bitch one more time from the top mother fucker
        Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 11-06-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

how about playing 2 games max per league. 3rd round could be played the weekend after if needed
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

the "2 games max" thing i mean you could ask the squads if they want to play 2 in a row or just 1 and then dedicate a whole weekend for potential 2nd and 3rd round(s)
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

All at once and I also vote for later start
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

No later start pls

Comment

Some real good points are being made in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                    Some real good points are being made in this thread
                    Meh, still not as detailed tho as your hon threads. Again i wanna say thanx for what you have done up to know and please don't stop. If i had 14 big toes.....
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

2/4/6. base will need a 2 hour window unless its played last. and from experience when your squad is in multiple finals there's no time to celebrate/cry or even warm up for your next match.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

myth needs time to spank the monkey

Comment

make lb first, or 2nd at the latest

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                            2/4/6. base will need a 2 hour window unless its played last. and from experience when your squad is in multiple finals there's no time to celebrate/cry or even warm up for your next match.
                            could work, and would leave us the most wiggling room.

Comment

I'll wiggle something into you turban.

Comment

Working...
                              X