Thunder Scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Scheduling

My squad has only played one TWLB game earlier than 430 and it was against Sweet the first week where none of our players showed.

I have been trying to schedule for 430 since Monday, and you assholes have declined it and have posted it for 2 PM EST, really? A two and a half hour difference? And you fucking queers instead schedule it NOW for 430 against Dudgeon in LJ instead of giving it to us for 430 in LB?

I'm telling you now if this shit ends up being scheduled at 2, 230, 3, 330 none of our players will show. Hence why I have attempted scheduling it for 430 for the past week and you douchebags wait until 3 minutes ago to decline the 430 offer and make it for 2?

Again, idgaf, my squad will NOT participate if it's at 2. The majority of my squad can only play late on Sunday. And it's not fair to us that you douchebags want it at 2 knowing we won't show our top line.

Go fuck yourself, Thunder (C)s

Turban : it's not fair to is that I have been trying to schedule for 430 this whole week and they are giving us a two and a half hour difference for the two declines that have given two days apart and then wait till now to schedule 430 vs dudgeon in LJ. We are a one league squad, it would be nice if we can get some preference in the only league we are participating in. Considering I have attempted to schedule it for the same damn time this whole week.
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Dudgeon is a Euro squad so I bet they can LJ an hour earlier, and seeing as thunder can apparently play at 4:30 and 3:30 since they took both times, I bet they will be the nice guys they are and want to play the very best lines we can offer, knowing that it will make their game more fun and if they happen to win it will make it feel like a true victory. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, the good people of Thunder wouldn't want to make such a sloppy attempt to make games easier by forcing other teams to play with lesser lines, not with this being perhaps the last real TWLB experience, no they would never do that. Ease is a good guy, honorable, he will set things aright.

Comment

your match is scheduled at 3:30 PM EST for a few simple reasons.

below you can see an image of how the TWLB scheduling went for those who are not Royal or Thunder captains;

Royal sent the 4:30 PM request on Tuesday which was declined by Thunder and countered with a new time, 2:30 PM. Thunder accepted Dudgeons request to play their TWLJ match at 4:30 PM.

Royal kept on requesting their TWLB match to be played at 4:30 PM or 5:00 PM which is when Thunder would playing their TWLJ match against Dudgeon.

Neither team agreed to a time. I had limited options to pick from as Thunder had a game at 6:00 PM against Fierce (which was accepted on Monday), and I do not want to push the schedule back to satisfy one squad, and sure as hell do not want to punish one squad by forcing them to play two games at once.

My options were to set the time at either 2:00 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:00 PM or 3:30 PM. 4:00 PM would have a very high chance of the game delaying Thunder vs Dudgeon game by at least 10 minutes, but we can still make that arrangement if Thunder and Dudgeon agree to reschedule their match to 5:00 PM and Thunder agrees to play their TWLB at 4:00 PM.

I will not force a three league squad to play two games at the same time. 3:30 PM was the only real option, but this is more-so an issue between the captains.
      Last edited by Turban; 11-21-2014, 01:39 PM. Reason: ow.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
        Dudgeon is a Euro squad so I bet they can LJ an hour earlier, and seeing as thunder can apparently play at 4:30 and 3:30 since they took both times, I bet they will be the nice guys they are and want to play the very best lines we can offer, knowing that it will make their game more fun and if they happen to win it will make it feel like a true victory. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, the good people of Thunder wouldn't want to make such a sloppy attempt to make games easier by forcing other teams to play with lesser lines, not with this being perhaps the last real TWLB experience, no they would never do that. Ease is a good guy, honorable, he will set things aright.
        This is an arrangement that can be made, but in a different way. Both squads will have to agree with it.

Dudgeon can not play their TWLJ at 3:30 PM as that is when their TWLB is.

Comment

here is the only compromise that can be made which involves three squads:

Thunder and Dudgeon agreed to reschedule their TWLJ match to be at 5:00 PM EST. both captains have to agree with this arrangement.

Thunder and Royal both agree, after the aforementioned deal has been sealed, to have their match played at 4:00 PM EST.

Comment

I dont really know what's the right move here.

I had trouble scheduling LB with thunder aswell as they kept suggesting 2-2:30pm est. It's probably because mattey can't show any later or something. I tried to vary my timeslots requests between 3:30 and 5:30 but thunder kept requesting 2-2:30. LB can't be played before 3pm est IMO.
            I feel kinda stupid now that their request got through last week. In addition, we woulda won without lag issues. By saying "I dont really know what's the right move here", I mean when you have just requested 2 timeslots aswell(same slot twice) I dont know if that makes u any different after all.

PS. prolly huge shitstorm gonna occur but idc not gonna post anything more in this topic. Just wanted to bring my experiences to the public.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Lol we wanted 2:30 pm and we got 3:30... wat makes u think we want 4pm u stupid piece of poop

Comment

For the sake of this league's integrity, both teams should have their optimal line on for playoff games.

Turb, if thunder has no objections about 3:30pm, that means their initial demand for 2:30 isn't a "necessary" time slot for them to play, and so they are able to adapt to the scheduling change.

However, we specifically need 4:30pm EST. If they have no objections it is because they have no player constraints (no one saying that they can't show at a certain time). In our case, basically our whole lineup will be uncoordinated and disorganized if we don't have a 4:30pm EST show.

Flip their games around and get this LB at 4:30pm EST. It's much harder to get 8 people to show on time than it is to get 5 people to show on time. They can move their LJ. You obviously know their entire roster will be online for all 72 hours before the games anyway..

Comment

4:30 PM is not an option as that would mean we would have to reschedule basically every match, I'm afraid.

Making that decision would also heavily favor Royal and put Thunder in a shitty position as they already have a match scheduled at 4:30 PM EST. It would force several of their starting members to sit in one of the games, and both are equally important for that squad. Thunder states they will have their optimal lineup at 2:00 PM EST - 2:30 PM EST, and Royal claims they will be able to show their optimal line at 4:30 PM and no other time. 3:30 PM was technically the only fair time slot to give given the circumstances.

There is the option to push the TWLJ of Dudgeon and Thunder to 5:00 PM EST and your TWLB to 4:00 PM EST as opposed to the 3:30 PM EST, but that will only be done if all teams involved agree to it. On average, a basing match (with a race to 20 minutes, and adding times, and so forth) will last close to 42 minutes. I do not want games to overlap or get delayed if its possible to avoid.

Comment

We can't do the 5pm lj, I only have until 5:20pm to be able to play
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

there's always a three way swap possibility;

enemy vs dudgeon (twlb) 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
                      thunder vs dudgeon (twlj) 4:30 PM to 3:30 PM
                      thunder vs royal (twlb) from 3:30 to 4:30 PM

but from the looks of it, its not happening, and as stated above, I'm not doing it without the permission of other captains. these aforementioned matches were accepted by the teams already.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        there's always a three way swap possibility;

enemy vs dudgeon (twlb) 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM
                        thunder vs dudgeon (twlj) 4:30 PM to 3:30 PM
                        thunder vs royal (twlb) from 3:30 to 4:30 PM

but from the looks of it, its not happening, and as stated above, I'm not doing it without the permission of other captains. these aforementioned matches were accepted by the teams already.
                        At the moment we're getting totally shafted in the only league we're competing in. We didn't choose 3:30pm and we explicitly stated the time that we can play the entire week. Now 2 days before the game we're told we're forced to play at a different time?

I'll guarantee that we see a full thunder line at 3:30pm btw (despite them "only having an optimal line at 2-2:30")

Comment

to throw the ball back at you, I can guarantee that Thunder will have two to three of their starting TWLB members playing in the TWLJ match at 4:30 PM and most of their members would love to watch both games and play as well. there was unfortunately no way I could have rewarded Royal their requested (or rather, demanded) time slot after Thunder had accepted Dudgeons proposed time of 4:30 PM.

nevertheless, you are barking up the wrong tree. this is not my war to fight, but I will still gladly lend a helping hand. it is up to you guys to decide what should be done about the scheduling, and if there should be any changes with such a short notice.

I have acted as fair as I could given the circumstances. you can not always get what you want, even though I would have loved to give you guys your optimal time slot.

Comment

Well, it looks whatever happens in whatever league Thunder always gets their way.. So it's not going to matter. Pretty sure i know whos behind this.

Anyway, probably going to be the worst LB semifinal ever because we're just not gonna show at all, theres no point in playing a semifinal with no players. Thunder will win Semifinal due to Royal not having enough players.. suuuch a crowdpleaser.

I guess we have the amazing TWL staff to thank for this. Turban i already told you about this more than 2-3 days ago and i asked how it worked, by this time Thunder hadn't even schedules half their games and there was planety of time to take action. But you didn't. Here we are.

Sigh, I'm really disappointed.
                            Season 5 TWL-B champion (Light)
                            Season 8 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
                            Season 10 TWL-B champion (Dice)
                            Season 11 TWL-B champion (Dice)
                            Season 15 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
                            Season 16 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)

Comment

I'm actually serious, we are probably not gonna show up at all. It'll be the worst semifinal ever.

I truly believe that there was plenty of time to avoid this kind of situation as i specifically told you about it days ago Turban... And i also told you the consequences, which is that we will probably not be able to show up at all.

I'm so frustrated at this shit right now.. peace
                              Season 5 TWL-B champion (Light)
                              Season 8 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
                              Season 10 TWL-B champion (Dice)
                              Season 11 TWL-B champion (Dice)
                              Season 15 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)
                              Season 16 TWL-J & TWL-B champion (Dice)

Comment

Working...
                              X