squad invitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fork View Post
    You know what- lets just make it a qualification tourney for all the squads that "qualified"... if you2be still qualify.... repeat qualification tourney until they are 9th position- then start TWL. this game is a fking jk. Unbelievable lol.
    Originally posted by Turban View Post
    we may end up doing a qualification tournament featuring the bottom seeded teams in the ladder as it is very likely that teams will be win trading to screw up the ladders and rankings, and we are aiming to feature the best teams in the competition. the bottom seeded teams on the ladder would have to prove themselves worthy if we are going through a qualification tournament. the tournament would be single-elimination held during the pre-season week.
    Originally posted by Turban View Post
    first of all, we lack the manpower to invite more teams to the league. we simply do not have enough staff members to support a league with 10 or more teams right now, not to mention that adding more teams would force us to change almost everything about the league, starting from the schedule and structure, and even the playoff plans. i'm not active enough to do all the work required to make this change happen overnight, and i'm sure no one wants a league to have host problems.
    Should be a tourney. If you cant win, then you shouldn't be in twl.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      Should be a tourney. If you cant win, then you shouldn't be in twl.
      Tiny just shut up lol
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
        Also, not sure why the roster limit went up but then again turban is a puppet to the squad Burn so anything goes there, no surprise. People talked about us being stacked but Dudgeon has 14 people on roster LOL idiots..
        Just because your roster is small does not mean it is not stacked. However I'm not saying I agree or disagree that dudgeon is stacked or not, but number of players mean nothing. Just because you were able to grab players that are top tier caliber players in multiple leagues does not mean everyone else can do the same.

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

While we're at it, why not make a zone-wide tournament with mandatory entrance and ban the bottom 50% at the end of it. They aren't worthy enough to play in this elite zone anyway.
          7:Ruhe In Frieden> wiat, how come everyone said jill was lebanese?
          7:raizin> LESBIAN, NOT LEANESE
          7:Almalexia> LOLIRL
          7:Ruhe In Frieden> lol
          7:CROW_CAW_CAW_CAW> hahah
          7:Berlin Wall> rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Eren View Post
            While we're at it, why not make a zone-wide tournament with mandatory entrance and ban the bottom 50% at the end of it. They aren't worthy enough to play in this elite zone anyway.
            It's not an elite zone, it's an elite league. That's why we have elim/javduel/twd/public arena. You may hone your skills there as twl is for people who have skills already. They should not allow anyone and everyone into twl because they tried real hard or really want to, but because they earned it.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
              Yes, let's keep out squads in a dying game because it's too much work to add two teams on a schedule....
              all trolling aside...what you said is 100% dead on and its pathetic
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

It's not an elite zone, it's an elite league. That's why we have elim/javduel/twd/public arena. You may hone your skills there as twl is for people who have skills already. They should not allow anyone and everyone into twl because they tried real hard or really want to, but because they earned it.
                No tiny... They should just fking allow the top 8 squads on ladder to qualify like the rules state. This is an elite league so u would think rules would be followed... Now it's turning out to be a mickey mouse league.
                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Rules were edited and subject to change according to head op. You may appeal said changes, but probably will be denied and banned.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Alright then, let's have a "qualification league" with all the squads that had enough games played (so that we know they are active) in every division. For this to be fair, we'll need to have every squad play each other twice, just like a regular league. In the end of this league, the top 8 teams in their respective divisions will be qualified for the elite league.

Holding a tournament between the bottom rating squads makes as much sense as my suggestion above. If the argument is that we don't have enough resources/staff to have a 10 squad league then why go through all this trouble to hold a tournament while there is no proof of win trading and screwing of ladders and it is obvious that we have qualified fairly.
                    7:Ruhe In Frieden> wiat, how come everyone said jill was lebanese?
                    7:raizin> LESBIAN, NOT LEANESE
                    7:Almalexia> LOLIRL
                    7:Ruhe In Frieden> lol
                    7:CROW_CAW_CAW_CAW> hahah
                    7:Berlin Wall> rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Eren View Post
                      Alright then, let's have a "qualification league" with all the squads that had enough games played (so that we know they are active) in every division. For this to be fair, we'll need to have every squad play each other twice, just like a regular league. In the end of this league, the top 8 teams in their respective divisions will be qualified for the elite league.

Holding a tournament between the bottom rating squads makes as much sense as my suggestion above. If the argument is that we don't have enough resources/staff to have a 10 squad league then why go through all this trouble to hold a tournament while there is no proof of win trading and screwing of ladders and it is obvious that we have qualified fairly.
                      +50000000 dead on

and for all of that top level competitive nonsense....game is garbage now where the legit talent (actual chances of winning) are distributed in at most 3 squads per league, so claiming even 8 squads are worthy is a lie. moving from 8 to 10 does no harm but it does benefit the league. it generates more interest for the lower tier squads and keeps people involved. also i will repeat, this tournament is a shitty idea that would knock out interested squads such as lego and you2be. they deserve to be in twl since they did it legally so why punish them? keep it simple and make it 10.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

A few things.

1. You2be earned their LD spot fair and square. Vikings might be active and on paper have a 'decent' wb line but we didn't do much with it during qualifications. Noone to blame but ourselves imo.

2. There should be 10 squads invited to LJ and LD. I'm not sure about Prayer for LJ since I'm kinda expecting them to disband looking at their recent activity but Paladen should get a spot. Or have them fight over it. For LD I don't see why Seawater shouldn't get a chance.

3. The gap between the playerbase and staff needs to close. I know shitting on staff is fun and sometimes justified, just how some players are a bunch of ungratefull gits who just complain all day. However without both sides collaborating TWL and TW by extension will soon be gone. I think involving the captains of squads into the decisionmaking process with regards to the rules and appeals of TWL would go a long way to possibly closing said gap.
                        2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
                        2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
                        2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
                        2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
                        2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
                        2:Cig Smoke> thdx
                        2:Miksel> elim 3
                        2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
                        2:Morgane> LOL
                        2:Enflame> haha
                        2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

Dudgeon accepts invitations.
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

we had announced the possibility of a qualification tournament and/or match if the qualification period proved to be a failure several weeks ago.

now, unfortunately the ladders were not as clear-cut as we hoped for both TWDD and TWJD. the fact that the rating differences were negligible at best and that teams were refusing to play each other during the final days of the qualification period means that the current system is far too flawed to be relied on. we want the very best teams to participate in the league, and that can not be accurately accomplished without holding a qualification match or tournament if teams are too busy abusing the broken system.

i do find it ironic that some of you are demanding us to increase the amount of teams, but no one is offering to help with the extra work that comes with it. i refuse to start a league that has a high chance of failing due to last minute changes and lack of people helping with the league. we have set up the league and have done all the preparations for it, but now if we were to add more teams to two leagues it would screw up all the plans and potentially jeopardize the entire league.

to explain this with simple math: the current league setup means we have 84 games over the course of 4 weeks. now if we were to add two more squads in each league we would see an increase from 84 games to 108 games which is arguably huge bump as we would have an extra 6 games per week to host. most of our current league operators are players or active captains of teams meaning they can not host every match. we will not be able to increase the amount of squads if there is no help from the players themselves to make it happen. i do not have access to a magical hat that will suddenly summon the 10 minions we need to support the increase of games.

now, we do have two paths to take. the first one is to hold a qualification match with a best of three series for TWLJ, and round-robin tournament for TWLD featuring the three squads that were close to each other in the ladder standings. the other option is to have several players to volunteer to help with the hosting and running of the league which would allow us to increase the format, but to be honest that option doesn't seem realistic given our history as a zone.

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
                              Why is lego even mentioned for the LD qualifying tournament? we are #7 fair and square. The tournament is supposed to be for the 8th seed.
                              Lego, Vikings and You2be were all within 30 rating points of each other in TWDD. Lego and You2be were within 30 rating points of each other in TWJD. These rating differences are far too close to actually call out the best team of the bunch.

If we hold a qualification setup for this season then TWDD would be a round-robin tournament setup where two teams would advance, and the worst team would not qualify. TWJD would become a best of three series where the winning team would claim the right to participate.

Comment

I will search for volunteers to help with the league today and if there's not enough interest and help from the players then we will go with the qualification tournament path. This should be pretty straightforward and fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X