Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home arenas for season 20

hey,

this is a short guide on how to submit your squads home arena to the league. these arenas will be used by your squad when you have a home game and will not be featured in the playoffs.

first, you need to download a program called DCME (Drake Continuum Map Editor) or a similar map editor and load a map TWL map, such as TWLJ, TWLB or TWLD, to the map editor. these maps are identified by the file extension .lvl when searching through your Continuum/zones/SSCU Trench Wars folder.

when you have opened the map with DCME, you can load and edit your tileset by pressing the Edit Tileset button located on top-right corner. alternatively, you can use the key combination Ctrl + Eto open the tileset editor.

below is an example of an acceptable tileset:

you can create your own tileset using multiple different programs or ask permission to use the tileset someone else created. feel free to google such programs, it is not too hard. keep in mind that the top rows must be sorted exactly like that, in an alphabetical order, at all times. also, do not use the bottom row of tiles when creating a map or replacing tiles as those are fly-through tiles.

feel free to check arenas of previous seasons for inspiration. arenas such as TWLJSk8, TWLBCobra and such as: TWLJSk8, TWLJCobra, and TWLDEnemy are decent examples for acceptable arenas.

a squad may only modify or add:

- the basic tileset of the arena. the tileset can not be too bright or too dark -- keep the colors neutral.

- the tiles can not be too slim. keep them solid, like in the picture above.

- add simple graphical banners and images that depict your squad. these images can not be distracting to the other players in any form or shape, and must be located outside the playing area.

- create a team logo above the arena with your squad name.

- add custom flag for basing (will need to look good / clear) with lvz files.

you may not, under any circumstances:

- change the tile locations, asteroid locations or modify the tiles within the play area.

- add anything extra to the arena that was not mentioned above.

- change tiles to invisible ones, or shoot-through ones, or to any other special tile. only use the basic tiles.

- fill the top two rows with random tiles. these tiles should use the standard A to Z alphabet with proper sorting as they are used for the past winners lists.

all submissions will be checked by me, and anyone caught trying to submit a faulty map will be banned from submitting another map for the league, and anyone who is constantly trying to troll us with fake map submissions will likely be given a more severe punishment. we are doing this to make the league games more unique and fun for all, and thus will not have the patience to deal with trolls who will try to make us waste our time. you can, of course, test your luck, but don't start crying when you get punished for being a tool.

when in doubt, ask for help. i can and will gladly help in the most basic of forms, as can several other members of staff. do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

submit your maps before 1st of October to the following email address: twlseason20@gmail.com

I know we had talked about this briefly, but what about the different color jav ship skins in javtown and/or rockjavs. Could we use those in twlj, and something similar in other arenas? Also, can we use this as part of the twd arenas? I know u can challenge squads to twd from one arena, could we just add to the list of arenas to challenge from to play in? ie...(!challengetopteams 4:twjdsk8). I cant remember the exact command, but you get the jist. If not changing the skins for twl, maybe give it a try in just twd?
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      I know we had talked about this briefly, but what about the different color jav ship skins in javtown and/or rockjavs. Could we use those in twlj, and something similar in other arenas? Also, can we use this as part of the twd arenas? I know u can challenge squads to twd from one arena, could we just add to the list of arenas to challenge from to play in? ie...(!challengetopteams 4:twjdsk8). I cant remember the exact command, but you get the jist. If not changing the skins for twl, maybe give it a try in just twd?
      this^
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        hey,

this is a short guide on how to submit your squads home arena to the league. these arenas will be used by your squad when you have a home game and will not be featured in the playoffs.

first, you need to download a program called DCME (Drake Continuum Map Editor) or a similar map editor and load a map TWL map, such as TWLJ, TWLB or TWLD, to the map editor. these maps are identified by the file extension .lvl when searching through your Continuum/zones/SSCU Trench Wars folder.

when you have opened the map with DCME, you can load and edit your tileset by pressing the Edit Tileset button located on top-right corner. alternatively, you can use the key combination Ctrl + Eto open the tileset editor.

below is an example of an acceptable tileset:

you can create your own tileset using multiple different programs or ask permission to use the tileset someone else created. feel free to google such programs, it is not too hard. keep in mind that the top rows must be sorted exactly like that, in an alphabetical order, at all times. also, do not use the bottom row of tiles when creating a map or replacing tiles as those are fly-through tiles.

feel free to check arenas of previous seasons for inspiration. arenas such as TWLJSk8, TWLBCobra and such as: TWLJSk8, TWLJCobra, and TWLDEnemy are decent examples for acceptable arenas.

a squad may only modify or add:

- the basic tileset of the arena. the tileset can not be too bright or too dark -- keep the colors neutral.

- the tiles can not be too slim. keep them solid, like in the picture above.

- add simple graphical banners and images that depict your squad. these images can not be distracting to the other players in any form or shape, and must be located outside the playing area.

- create a team logo above the arena with your squad name.

- add custom flag for basing (will need to look good / clear) with lvz files.

you may not, under any circumstances:

- change the tile locations, asteroid locations or modify the tiles within the play area.

- add anything extra to the arena that was not mentioned above.

- change tiles to invisible ones, or shoot-through ones, or to any other special tile. only use the basic tiles.

- fill the top two rows with random tiles. these tiles should use the standard A to Z alphabet with proper sorting as they are used for the past winners lists.

all submissions will be checked by me, and anyone caught trying to submit a faulty map will be banned from submitting another map for the league, and anyone who is constantly trying to troll us with fake map submissions will likely be given a more severe punishment. we are doing this to make the league games more unique and fun for all, and thus will not have the patience to deal with trolls who will try to make us waste our time. you can, of course, test your luck, but don't start crying when you get punished for being a tool.

when in doubt, ask for help. i can and will gladly help in the most basic of forms, as can several other members of staff. do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

submit your maps before 1st of October to the following email address: twlseason20@gmail.com

Lol I'd laugh my arse off if some1 gets banned for submitting a map for not being quiet right. Good way to make them quit.
        Last edited by Fork; 09-23-2015, 02:08 PM.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

not sure y we choose to focus on this bullshit when there are bigger priorities such as a DECENT (not even good...have given up such expectations out of our garbage staff) website for twl stats. seriously stop having hope in incompetent pieces of shit like poid and use the 6000+ donation money we have to pay some freelancer to make us a site. how hard is that? like honestly what are we waiting to use that large amount of money for? game is literally on the verge of dying here. such a joke.
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

?go TWLBLEGO and ?go TWLDLEGO are already there from previous seasons.
            TWLD Champion 2014
            TWDTB Champion 2013
            TWDTB Champion 2016
            TWDTB Champion 2017
            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
              ?go TWLBLEGO and ?go TWLDLEGO are already there from previous seasons.
              U sure u wanna submit them maps to be used?... If faulty u will be banned brother.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                Lol I'd laugh my arse off if some1 gets banned for submitting a map for not being quiet right. Good way to make them quit.
                Fairly sure someone tried that years ago (season 7/8ish?). I think that was the reason they stopped using those arena's and reverted back to the generic TWL maps.
                2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
                2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
                2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
                2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
                2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
                2:Cig Smoke> thdx
                2:Miksel> elim 3
                2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
                2:Morgane> LOL
                2:Enflame> haha
                2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

Originally posted by EnFlAmE View Post
                  Fairly sure someone tried that years ago (season 7/8ish?). I think that was the reason they stopped using those arena's and reverted back to the generic TWL maps.
                  Lol Enf, your sig, i was there!
                  Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                  waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                  Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                  waxer> LOl,no
                  waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Working...
                  X