TWL Roster Change Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Roster Change Proposal

So I've been brainstorming the last few days about twl and solutions regarding the roster caps and the bitching going around again with squad stacking and came up with an idea about the caps. I propose a separation of the 3 leagues for roster caps obviously this has a ton of logistical issues with it and extra work for staff but if noone else is willing to do it ill help. The structure I would look at would go something like this.

TWLD Roster cap set to 8-9 players.
    TWLJ Roster Cap set to 8-9 players.
    TWLB Roster Cap set to 10-12 players.
    Only the players on the roster may receive a medal for the league the cap would allow for you to have 1-2 dedicated subs and potential backup players due to attendance.

How does this effect the individual player for the leagues? Double and triple squading would be allowed. What I mean by that is:
    Ease wants to play LD with Burn so he rosters Ease on Burn in both TWD and TWL with the limitation of only playing wb there.
    Ease wants to LJ with Juans and would register through staff since logistically the site cant handle double squadding on 1 name staff would have to help a placeholder name for this would be Ease-LJ and would be limited to only play jav with juans.
    Ease wants to play LB for Lego and would register as Ease-LB and join that squad aswell.

Now as much as having to use aliases would suck for players having to switch names for leagues I feel its the only way to make something of this extent work for the league as the dev time to incorporate it to the twl site is improbable. The other thing to look at is practicing for your squad in TWD. The only fair way to resolve this would be to allow 1 name during offseason and set a timeframe for TWL for instance. When TWL begins qualification a month of two prior to preseason use that date to open up registration for your extra names and get them to your rosters and also have that as the date you start using them to play your specific league to practice. So once qualification starts your using your names for their specific leagues only.

As for the casual players that dont really take part in TWL and the 1 league players they would not have a limit during qualifications and would be allowed to play all 3 leagues for their squad at their leisure. Obviously this idea would need some number crunching for final roster caps and some dedication to manage all the aliases but I think its a viable solution to "spread talent out" without removing your playtime with your main squad for a specific league. It should if done correctly allow for more potential TWL squads in the leagues if things spread out correctly.
    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
    1:fiS> LOL
    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

How about instead of the 3 different squad nightmare scenario, you allow for X(listed above) amount of spots on a roster for twld/twlj/twlb, thus allowing people to quickly realize they are not playing and go to a different squad. I think also, this triple squadding will do quite the opposite and encourage more stacking than ever.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      How about instead of the 3 different squad nightmare scenario, you allow for X(listed above) amount of spots on a roster for twld/twlj/twlb, thus allowing people to quickly realize they are not playing and go to a different squad. I think also, this triple squadding will do quite the opposite and encourage more stacking than ever.
      it is essentially that the triple squadding would only occur in the instance i described =p the rosters would have that limit for the leagues but alot of it would have to be manually tracked by staff unless by some miracle we have a wild web dev appear.
      5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
      1:Cig <er>> ROFL
      1:fiS> LOL
      1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Working...
      X