Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no point in having a ladder reset due to the lack of time.
    In terms of a TWD ladder reset..if we start late April, then you won't have a ladder reset, any later stage will most likely justify a ladder reset which would then happen somewhere in April.
    isn't it already on?
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I wouldn't change twl into something too similar to twdt... let the two leagues be seperate. If twdt becomes the 'premier' league due to demand then let that be decided by the players' interest. I think even stricter roster caps is a tricky situation. It's pretty hard to get a TWBD going these days if people haven't noticed lol...

Im open to changes though and wouldn't mind seeing TWD play a role in TWL... TWL's entire history is the top squads stacking and tyring to win, theres always 5 good teams and 25 shit teams, thats life. I know when i was shit my goal was to get on the good teams, maybe thats what people should be trying to do instead of wishing everyone was crap.

as far as when twl starts I think sometime in May-June period would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
        I wouldn't change twl into something too similar to twdt... let the two leagues be seperate. If twdt becomes the 'premier' league due to demand then let that be decided by the players' interest. I think even stricter roster caps is a tricky situation. It's pretty hard to get a TWBD going these days if people haven't noticed lol...

Im open to changes though and wouldn't mind seeing TWD play a role in TWL... TWL's entire history is the top squads stacking and tyring to win, theres always 5 good teams and 25 shit teams, thats life. I know when i was shit my goal was to get on the good teams, maybe thats what people should be trying to do instead of wishing everyone was crap.

as far as when twl starts I think sometime in May-June period would be fine.
        There's always 5 good teams and 25 shit teams? What year you think this is? 2003? If everyone joined the top teams then there would be no twl because how fun would 2-3 squads b in a competition. Back in the day, although people stacked on squads- they stacked on about 5-6 squads which was plenty to make twl exciting. Now, after a great decline in players, any squads that stack will surely win twl which makes the competition become boring\ predictable. If twl was to last even longer and if the population declines further then there should be something put in place to tempt the pros to separate slightly. The problem is these pro players have played with the decent people for years and are unlikely to seperate to team up with less talented players.

I think the bulk of the problem lies with TWL-B. There isn't alot of squads that has basing talent causing alot of decent 3 league players to stack on only 2-3 teams. There are some great 3 leaguer players who may possibly leave a squad for a lower tier squad to play TWL-D/ TWL-J but they would also want to play TWL-B too so they are only limited to joining a couple of squads like Dice/ Thunder. I'm sure this was the case last TWL when Ease decided to leave Juan's so he could join a squad that also bases.

This might seem like a strange idea at first but what if people could decide if they want double squad for the basing league only.

Example: Ease joins Force for LJ and LD but decides to double squad on Thunder for basing

Zidane joins Juans for LD/ LJ and decides to double squad on Thunder for basing

pros:
        -May possibly reduce stacking
        -2 leaguer squads can be strengthened with talent because these 3 league players can still play 3 leagues.
        -May possibly increase the number of squads in TWLB/ and competition (maybe a few jav/wb players decide to double squad on 1-2 new squads for basing)
        -Number of people playing basing goes up.
        -Lower tier basing squads likely to be strengthened.

Cons:
        -?possibility of top basing squads being strengthened further- but mayb not.
        -Idea may not even reduce stacking if people are totally focused on "triple crowning" but still could tempt 2 leaguer players to start basing on a dif squad.
        -Hosting TWL games mayb become too difficult with players on 2 teams.
        Last edited by Fork; 03-24-2016, 06:30 AM.
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

For myself, the date is based on what event follows. If there are no more events this year then late Aug./early Sept. and If there are more events then sooner the better imo. I know the regulars will always play but others might end up getting bored of pub etc. and leave. I think we should keep the run of players flowing and keep them busy.
          Morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            as far as the starting date goes, the sooner we start the premier league the better it is for the zone. however there is no point in rushing it as the zone needs to be prepared -- league staff, rules, and all that fun stuff need to be sorted out on time. anyway, if we go for with late April as the starting date, and with the polls closing in another week or so, there is no point in having a ladder reset due to the lack of time.

I strongly am against no ladder reset. For one that is against TWL protocall in years past. Also it is always a driving factor to increase twd activity and is a good time to sort out squad rosters and rebuild team spirit or tear it apart lol. The whole qualification part of TWL to many is tons of fun and to cut it out this year makes little sense to me nor is it really fair. I understand you may be saying this pragmatically due to an April start time but still we should have a ladder reset.. just say 10 games to make it instead of 15 perhaps? Paladen is interested in twl and want to rebuild trying to rebuild and we can if a reset happens. otherwise probably this rule will force us out of any chance to make it this year which is troubling. Squads should be given notice about a TWL reset on ladders before the league begins.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

lol jess... there was a reset like 2 months ago and paladen will be dead last in twdd whether theres another reset or not. youll get invited to twl anyway

Comment

Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                I know such efforts taken by Claushouse in the past have not worked out and wasn't received that well with the captains of previous TWL squads, so a good balance is definitely needed.
                There are, as always, two options:

1) Keep TWL exactly as is, and ensure that the level of talent reaching the finals is the same as past years (all stacked teams with star players). This is the classic idea supported by many, who want to preserve the history and have big playoff games. So while reaching the final is easier than seasons during the prime of this game, the Semis and the Finals are of the same quality.

You get a very stratified league between 3-4 contenders and 4-5 squads with no chance (but who get to participate and gain experience.)

2) Make changes and diversify the field, creating more competition and making it harder to reach the finals and having a better regular season experience (and more fun) when most of your regular season games are hard (whereas in Option 1 half your regular season games are a joke.) The benefit is better competition, better ability for up-and-coming players to break in and contribute to a title run, and more competitive games.

The downside is you end up with weaker Semis and Finals, and the lineups won't be as epic, and it moves away from TWL History and really hard, top-tier level finals.

Both options have their strengths and weaknesses. Option 1 is safer, doesn't require a really talented TWL Head Op to pull off, preserves the history, doesn't ruffle too many feathers, and produces super finals on par with previous seasons. Option 2 I think would be healthier for the game and more fun, but it requires an extremely strong TWL Op with a really good system, a buy-in from the majority of TWL players, and it does have a slightly negative effect on the continuity of the finals being the best of the best.

The one thing I would maybe caution against is a half-measure -- you risk ruining TWL without actually accomplishing much. Either do something drastic or do nothing at all.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                  lol jess... there was a reset like 2 months ago and paladen will be dead last in twdd whether theres another reset or not. youll get invited to twl anyway
                  Exactly 2 plus months and it is now time for a reset on ladders..also don't count on us being last place.. that usn't fair to say as we have made twl for many years not ending up last on ladders....to go into this twl with this old ladder as it is... is stupid. We didn't care at all about our rank and were allowing new players and old player who hadn't played in years to start in our lines. I hate being penalized as a squad for letting noobs play.. while trying to get less vet people to get addicted to twd.. unlike the l33t squads who use the same old people every game and never allow lesser players into their mix. We have a better line than our rec shows.. and .. I still say.. just reset ladders.. lower limit needed for games totals to qualify.. we could use the activity during a quali's anyways.
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

When we getting TWL-S and TWL-F?
                    Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      Exactly 2 plus months and it is now time for a reset on ladders.
                      Traditionally there is always 2-3 months before twl starts without a reset.

that usn't fair to say as we have made twl for many years not ending up last on ladders....
                      Let's not lie bud, you've largely scraped in every year at the bottom lol.

I hate being penalized as a squad for letting noobs play.. while trying to get less vet people to get addicted to twd.. unlike the l33t squads who use the same old people every game and never allow lesser players into their mix. We have a better line than our rec shows...
                      It's commendable you let newbs play, but you've also got a core who have played together for 10+ years and youre still sat at 756 rating on the ladder.....you still have a month to sort this out and because you're so low most wins will give you a minimum of 35 pts, if you cant jump up to 1000 rating in a full month then, you don't really deserve a spot in the 'premier' league of tw.

Also everyone knows that basically every squad with enough games played gets in to TWL these days so you should be safe anyway.

I swear you guys kick up a fuss every year and it's the same outcome by the end of the season anyway :\
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Dunno how many times I have to post this. Read it this time?
                        Lemme highlight the key areas for you.

December 05, 2015

TWD scores have been reset, thus begin qualifications for season 21 of TWL.

Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

December 05, 2015

Squads still thought this was still on? despite message being sent almost 4 months ago\ change of TWD op and no twl op at present. Lower tier squads have lost that many times since then that it's too hard now to qualify. Hmm.
                          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Let the great squadhop begin, fuck community.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

December 05, 2015

LOL on twd site yesterday this was not visible or up and it appears miraculously today.........I scrolled through the history too and it was no where to be seen....
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Ricko .. it's about letting the community know in a timely fashion the details of what is going on so squads can prepare. No follow through was posted or made letting us know the time frame when TWL was expected to begin with or that a vote was going to take place which could start the whole thing in a matter of weeks . Common sense to me says you do these things during a TWL reset all at once so every squad knows . All TWL's in the past have operated this way. The deficit we have is a serious handicap and probably too much to make up unless we are just allowed in which isn't what I was asking for. Also we have legally qualified for TWL for years and we made playoffs quite a few years too.. so just stop with the derogatory comments saying we "scraped in". It shows a snooty approach to this game and league which IMO is one of the main reasons TWL is getting worse and worse with squad stacking every year. Lag on in ur WB......... grrrr
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X