Two simple suggestions for TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two simple suggestions for TWL

Suggestion #1 - Have TWSD as a 4th league.

Something new, something fun. If it doesn't take off, no harm done in trying. The TW spider is actually one of the best dueling ships ever created in SS, up there with the DSB WB and 17th Jav. It seems well-received in TWEL, why not TWL also?

Suggestion #2 - Put up cash prizes

Yesterday I found myself on Spawnisen's TWD profile page - and I was reminded of how many great players used to play here just 1,2,3,4,5 years ago - but who no longer do. If we could entice just a few of those back, and perhaps some stragglers from other zones, with a nominal cash prize, it could make the leagues much more interesting.

Money spent enticing once-addicted players back into the zone is better utilised than, say, scatter-gun Facebook and SEO marketing that I've heard suggested elsewhere. We'd probably need to clamp down on roster limits, and maybe introduce some fairness measures, to avoid a Dice/Thunder veteran-arms-race. But I think this could really reinvigorate and repopulate TWL.

Blessings.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

cash prizes would be a good idea!
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Cash prizes I think might make the stacking that much worse. There would have to be some league structure established already like the discussion in the other thread to ensure non-stacking before you introduce something like this into the league to bolster activity. Not that im against it, but it could blow up quickly in our faces.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
        Cash prizes I think might make the stacking that much worse. There would have to be some league structure established already like the discussion in the other thread to ensure non-stacking before you introduce something like this into the league to bolster activity. Not that im against it, but it could blow up quickly in our faces.

i agree with tiny on this one, cash prizes would lead to some pretty dense stacking imo. i dont see a major problem with that since its what we have today anyway.

the really tricky part would be the amount to a winning squad. speculation incoming: i mean a squad of 25 people... say you get 200 dollars for winning a league, thats 8 bucks apiece divided evenly. so thats 600 dollars per league in first place finishers. throw in another 400 for consolation prizes and what not and youre at 1000. that seems like a reasonable pot altogether but it really doesnt give a whole lot of incentive.

maybe just put the stipulation that the purse must be divided evenly among the entire squad. that in and of itself may limit stacking.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

It would unless everyone who participates in twl has a chance of getting the reward. 3 names is picked randomly from the list of players. Winning team rewards will obviously cause stacking (if team stack for a bunch of pixels... Imagine what super squad will be made wen u involve money). Equal opportunity ftw.
          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Force strict TWL roster limits for once.
            3 leagues - 18
            2 leagues - 15
            1 league - 10

Maybe even smaller. Just for comparison, if someone could do calculation of total players per team that played in this TWDT season. I think the count would fall under these limits for the most part. Even though, I counted total of 21 players starting in my team this season, for 6 of them I just gave a chance to play vs easy opponent once or twice.(always had a chance to field someone from my core instead) There was a core of 15 players which I rotated during the season and had no trouble at all fielding full line every game. Also made finals in all 3 leagues.

Making the limits small prevents you from stacking too much. If there is a cash prize involved, make it so that everyone who makes playoffs has a chance of winning it or something. There is chance for everyone except total noobs. Even you Fork.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I was with you until you put those ridiculous limit #s up. Basically every squad would have to have a active group of 2-3 shippers to compete in that league with those proposed #s. I agree limits should be in place but those are crazy low. I would be more inclined to see a 6 team league than a league with those limits. maybe 10/17/23ish?

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

18 is actually not that unreasonable of a number given how pretty much every player nowadays knows how to play at least two leagues. at most, it should be set to 20 players. this would force teams to build their teams intelligently rather than allowing them to brute force their way through with mindless recruiting as that ruins the chance of us having multiple teams. we simply don't have the player base to support huge teams right now.

to use Thunder as an example, you would easily compete in with this small list of players:

1. Ease
                2. Zidane
                3. Hellkite
                4. Mattey
                5. McVicar
                6. M_M God
                7. Ogron
                8. RacKa
                9. Tiny
                10. Weak
                11. Davy
                12. Hulk

.. and fill the remaining spots with maybe three active warbirds, and three javelins.

The players not chosen in the starting eighteen could choose to stay and play with their team in TWD, or join other teams for a chance to actually compete in our premier league as those players would more than likely have benched on their old squad.

Plus, you can always recruit players to your squad for training purposes to increase activity in TWD.

Comment

could also simply apply stricter roster limits to former playoff teams (in this case, Dice, Cobra, Thunder) while letting teams with less top-tier competition experience build a slightly larger roster as those teams tend to have a less active core of players.

Comment

I think we are both trying to accomplish the same thing just in different ways. I think instead of restricting the number of players a team can have, you should restrict the caliber of players a team can have. The first team to snag up the most amount of high level multi-shippers will have the clear cut advantage no matter what you say or do. I think since we have a little more time since we are going up to the end of summer, we should look into a ratings cap per league per squad. Using a twdt type rating system I think you should limit the number of (insert numerical rating) level players, thus dispering top talent and allowing more lower level players playing time. Only limiting a percentage of the field I feel will even it and be much easier to handle.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

I think we are both trying to accomplish the same thing just in different ways. I think instead of restricting the number of players a team can have, you should restrict the caliber of players a team can have. The first team to snag up the most amount of high level multi-shippers will have the clear cut advantage no matter what you say or do. I think since we have a little more time since we are going up to the end of summer, we should look into a ratings cap per league per squad. Using a twdt type rating system I think you should limit the number of (insert numerical rating) level players, thus dispering top talent and allowing more lower level players playing time. Only limiting a percentage of the field I feel will even it and be much easier to handle.
                      No offense but you are actually one of the biggest stackers in the game and afraid to do anything new.

Said it before as well, just make the roster limit to 18-20...new squads will be built or scattered.
                      1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                      1:Zidane> congrats man
                      1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                      1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                      1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

twsd is just garbage lol.. make it just spider deathmatch and maybe it'd be ok. small rosters will hurt twbd activity... it was just 3s in dd/jd then yea easy as fk to have 15 man roster

Comment

Originally posted by Rough View Post
                          No offense but you are actually one of the biggest stackers in the game and afraid to do anything new.

Said it before as well, just make the roster limit to 18-20...new squads will be built or scattered.
                          why cant you add useful comments, without only logging on to make jabs or weak insults. What makes reducing the roster limits bad is that there will be only a couple of squads able to acquire the most talented 2-3 shippers leaving the other squads only able to field 2 league or 1 league squads, thus creating another problem. We can all commend dudgeon for acquiring so many good multi leaguers. A moment of silence for theirs and your commendable sacrifices.......

Now please add something worth listening to or just stop talking.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                            twsd is just garbage lol.. make it just spider deathmatch and maybe it'd be ok. small rosters will hurt twbd activity... it was just 3s in dd/jd then yea easy as fk to have 15 man roster
                            As in the DM style of spidduel and the old twsd? Many people didnt play that, the flag one was 'popular' at start.. I think if u make twsd DM, u will need a decent map, the old 'spidduel' map is bad imo.
                            Major Crisis

Comment

I dunno about this 18 roster cap. Ofc it is good for squads like thunder/cobra who have some 3 leaguers. But when it comes to the lower squad, most of these people have experience in one league, maybe two. Ofc this is a good reason to start playing more ships. But I think the competition will get lower.
                              For example u took Thunder Turb, but when you take force/lego you will see a lot less people who do play more than 1 league.
                              Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
                              X