Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jones View Post
    Let's go:

I don't want to win twld if it means beating 'ease' on 800x600 if i'm using 2048x1536 myself. Higher res gives you an advantage. End of discussion.

I have replied to these threads for over 5 years now and I don't care anymore if you want to use a higher res, that's fine with me. I'm "merely" asking to put a limit in there somewhere like 1920x1080 or something...

There was no res-limit in pub, elim and every twd arena except for twdd and twdd2. you're telling me you talked to a steam newbie, got him to signup to a squad and then to twd only to have him quit because of "res-limit". Also, returning players would have been using 1280x1024 as that has been in place since before twl season 3 (?)

10 wbs hold the entire zone hostage and refuse to play if the res-limit is raised. Nothing better to prove your worth in LD by beating 1280x1024 with 2560x1600

One javelin who has been inactive isn't enough... watch this:

First stats are LaSenza with 1920 res, second is me with 1680. If you want to you can even throw 'dreamwin's twdtd stats in there as the only reason he did good. The point here is that you can throw in any kind of statistic to "prove" a point.

But experience is a constant.

Also, before I start dropping bombs on this thread I will just quote Reaver:
    Well, it isn't my place to speak really nor I can s
    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
    Your friend,
    ​​Papi
    ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      Hey Jones, I see people are still desperate as ever to get an advantage so they can win a game with 200 people left, its pretty sad.
      welcome to 2016 were everyone has laptops
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

LOL jones huge....I swear to god I typed a response and said...fuck it...jones going to respond anytime now and say it better than I could and squash this years fgts trying to get an advantage. +1 jones
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

2016 - "THIS GAME MUST BE PLAYED THE SAME WAY 19 YEARS AGO, EVEN THOUGH THERE WOULD BE A BETTER WAY" LOLAOLFOLOLOL
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

anyone who says that having a higher res isnt an advantage... youre an idiot

im for removing them just because swapping from a monitor's native resolution to something annoying sucks. that is all.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Trasher View Post
              If it's anything like Win 7 (don't have Win 10), don't install Continuum in the default program files (x86) location and make Windows run Continuum as moderator (right click on Continuum.exe, click properties, click 'compatibility' and click on 'run this program as moderator'). Not sure that'll help but worth a shot.
              Originally posted by Steep View Post
              Pavement needs to run the program in compatibilty mode (win7), not necessarily as a moderator.
              Originally posted by rothe View Post
              Don't want to get into the discussion but ran into same problem. The solution was going into video card settings for me nvidia and playing with the physx settings for display and virtual settings.
              It's been a week since I sat down and messed with his laptop but I am fairly confident that I tried all of these things except for installing SS outside of the x86 folder.

Shoulda mentioned that it's running on an onboard intel hd graphics bullshit card, but i mean, it's a brand-spanking-new-laptop so I figure even intel onboard gfx are capable of running subspace at all res's. i'll keep messing with it next time he comes in town. Also looks like he got a friend to look at it and they installed the nvidia geforce experience app, so im hoping that hasnt caused some sort of problem with two competing drivers trying to use the display or something like that
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

yoooooooo

here's a possibility: add some LVZ that blocks out everything except a 1280x1024px area in the center, and allow all resolutions. Small-res people unaffected, large-res people would see a "fog of war" forcing them to use radar shots - and they wouldnt have to relog everytime they have a dd

edit: nevermind people couild probably alter/edit/remove the lvz natively
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Make sure output dynamic range is on full and not limited
                  Look for dynamic super resolution if your resolution isnt listed I had to go to
                  Virtual resolution and make the res I was looking for.
                  Also if base card cant do this try turning off the drivers for the card and like you said change the native display mode.
                  If none of that works call the geek squad = P
                  Or someone who you dont have to pay if they cant fix the problem lol

Comment

Wait that link was useless meh can delete this.
                    Last edited by rothe; 04-18-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X