X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official TWLD predictions and Interviews

Greetings Warbirds

I will be writing TWLD Hot or Not this year
    This year we are trying to go the extra mile with Hot or Not and add in some post game interviews with players to go along side the usual reporting. At the present moment these will be text based and done by Okyo (he doesn't know it yet) but Okyo has done a great job with the pre-season interviews so I will ask him to keep up the good work. Hopefully we can move on to some audio interviews also at a later point if this gains ground.

I will be doing the writing and watching games, Iron Survivor has offered to help me watch games also, and Okyo will be doing the interviews. I am also looking for one other person who is not from Force who has Twld experience to help me watch games as I can't be at 100% of the games and won't be in a position to watch Force games and neither will Iron Survivor. Unless I go 3-10 in two minutes which is entirely possible.

I was going to do a predictions list myself to go alongside Okyo's but after reading his predictions he sums it up very well so didn't feel the need.

So without further ado I present Okyo's pre-season predictions and interviews.

TWLD Season 21 – by okyo

This season initially didn’t show much promise because we have a bunch of inexperienced staffers running the league. Even though TWL was quickly coming along, nobody seemed to show any interest toward it due to the lack of hype and communication.

With the departure of most Fierce starters, TWLD is looking to be much less competitive in general. As it currently stands, there are exactly 5 squads that are anywhere near competitive (Dice, Force, Cobra, Thunder, and Dynasty), which is worse than last season. The rest of the squads are completely and utterly hopeless, as they have not only 0 chance of winning, but also they won’t even be capable of providing the slightest entertainment value for the spectators.

Dice

Lineup: Mythril, RaCka, Best, Raazi, 2pacZ
    Subs: Jamal, Cape, Stayon, 24

Personally, I think this squad is the favorite to win, mainly because all of Burn’s starters from last season (minus Ease) have migrated to Dice and they are looking forward to taking the crown again. They are a heavily rush-oriented team and will be extremely difficult to deal with.

They have a solid starting five and a great pool of subs to choose from. I think Mythril had been quite rusty for the past few years and had rarely played at the level he should have played at. However, with his attempt at unrusting, which can be seen through his many recent dd games, I think he is quickly regaining his form. Best is arguably the most dominant rusher at the moment. Look out for them to cause some serious damage.

2pacZ> well i been on kong for a good min helping jb and I been on dice before when megaman owned it, my boy myth told me to join up, stayon hired me after seeing stats, but yeah man I think we'll win twld this year
    okyo> ? i didnt even ask any questions yet
    2pacZ> ok what else u wanna know
    2pacZ> ye im rdy
    okyo> i think u have a huge chance of winning twld as well... after all u got last season’s burn team with u basically
    okyo> i think force and cobra are ur rivals this year
    okyo> how u guys feel bout them?
    2pacZ> is fierce even coming back?
    2pacZ> i seen lasenza on couple days ago
    2pacZ> tranny came out of the closet
    okyo> naw they dead forever
    2pacZ> true
    2pacZ> yeah we got stacked line on dice
    okyo> ur team dont even have to worry bout fierce, only us n cobra
    2pacZ> ye
    okyo> so how u feel bout cobra n force, do they pose any threat to u guys?
    okyo> or are u gonna breeze through them
    2pacZ> i think its a any team win, you gotta rely on teamwork to win the game, it's gonna be a hard fought game but I expect the team with the most medals/experience to win.
    okyo> ye thats true
    okyo> any last words?
    2pacZ> yeah i man you beat me b4 your a good player 1v1
    okyo> thx
    2pacZ> im not the best 1v1 but I can team well with any team you seen my drop 23 on force
    okyo> u are great as well
    2pacZ> bro zone is at 100 pop
    2pacZ> theres a few leftr
    2pacZ> and its just us
    okyo> are u gonna adjust to low res for twld? lol
    2pacZ> yeah
    2pacZ> im r1 r2 u seen stats i dont think i even need res
    okyo> ye
    okyo> neways thx 4 interview
    2pacZ> ty 4 dis

Force

Lineup: Skepsis, Attacks, Iron Survivor, Cres, okyo, Siaxis
    Subs: Siaxis, olde, Shaun, i.d.

Force is basically the combination of last season’s Potenza and Juans, which allows them to finally play both leagues at a competitive level. They got perennial lag cheaters in Iron Survivor and okyo – the two mainstays of Potenza – along with Cres and Siaxis who can also singlehandedly carry a team if given the chance.

With the addition of Skepsis and Attacks, they no longer face their depth issue and will now be more dangerous than ever. Force may have 6 starters, but since Siaxis is a good guy, he will most likely volunteer to bench. Look out for their typical strategy, which consists of lag cheating through the opposition and not getting caught while doing so. And for Cres to continuously lob Shinra Tensei’s at the enemy.

okyo> ey it time for interview
    okyo> go
    Cres> wat
    okyo> do u think we can win this year? it about time, we got skep now
    Cres> chek this
    Cres> .?find cres
    okyo> wat
    okyo> ?find cres
    Not online, last seen 0 hours ago
    3kyo> ey some1 else give me interview

Cobra

Lineup: Ricko, Rasaq, Absent, Kentaro, Tripin
    Subs: Vys, Turban

Cobra is another team with the chance to seize the crown. They return from last season with a somewhat more active starting lineup than in the previous season, and that will benefit them tremendously. They met their downfall last season because their lineup consisted of warbirds who haven’t played for 10 decades. Big mistake.

Their current warbirds have been playing together since forever, which makes them a very solid team. They are not only all individually skilled, but their time playing together have allowed them to build a very strong team chemistry. Ricko is the obvious centerpiece of the team and Rasaq is his lead support.

6:21 PM - alfien: cud vs now
    6:21 PM - okyok: go
    6:22 PM - okyok: duno if u were on cobra last season...
    6:22 PM - okyok: how u feel bout ur team now? in twld
    6:22 PM - alfien: pretty confident .. at least when comparing our chances in other leagues where we still lack depth.
    6:22 PM - alfien: have a good mix of experience and talent, can rotate pretty well
    6:23 PM - alfien: last season wasn't on cobra though regrettably, was trying to help LEGO
    6:23 PM - okyok: ye, it seems like this season cobra is much better than last season
    6:23 PM - okyok: had 3 starters who havent played for 10 decades
    6:23 PM - okyok: do u guys think u will have a chance to win this time with no sign of fierce?
    6:24 PM - alfien: there's always a chance. i think the competition will be close between us, force, and thunder. dynasty also trying to recruit good players out of retirement, but don't think they have what it takes to win.
    6:25 PM - alfien: i wouldn't call us the favorites though
    6:25 PM - okyok: its gud that ricko is doing everythin he can with the same lineup every year
    6:26 PM - okyok: respectable
    6:26 PM - alfien: ya the core has remained intact for a good while now with very minor changes to the lineup
    6:26 PM - alfien: it's good for the zone too
    6:27 PM - okyok: ye
    6:27 PM - alfien: think we have 7-8 players on a rotational role
    6:27 PM - alfien: and everyone gets to play, and come playoffs those who have been performing well will likely start
    6:27 PM - alfien: at least that's the plan from what i've heard
    6:28 PM - okyok: dats gud, u guys have depth, which is something that ultimately became our downfall (potenza) last season
    6:28 PM - okyok: any1 u guys hate n wanna kill in twld?
    6:28 PM - alfien: i don't think there has been any hate on cobra in twld for years, so not really
    6:29 PM - alfien: we do look forward to facing force though and hopefully beating them
    6:29 PM - alfien: think our players fired up to face you guys esp when we can't seem to win in twdd
    6:29 PM - okyok: hehe, it will be a gud match for sure
    6:29 PM - okyok: thx 4 ur time

Thunder

Lineup: Ease, Weak, Mr. Tinkles, Weaver, beam
    Subs: Zidane, Ogron, ro, space god

Thunder was always a favorite team to win, although I am not sure about this season. They have lost their most of their warbirds that allowed them to win on Burn. I am not even sure who is going to be on their starting lineup because most of them are extremely inactive. Ease and Weaver haven’t logged on for quite a while, and even if they do, it still won’t be enough to beat the teams that have a complete and solid lineup.

Shadowmere could certainly play, but I don’t think he is going to. He is too far inside his ass to switch resolution. Maybe he has plans to upgrade TWL resolutions to imax theater, who knows?

zidane> sure
    okyo> how do u feel about ur squad in twld now that u lost most of ur wbs from burn?
    zidane> i feel like we're going into the season as an underdog but still have a good core if people show
    okyo> ye
    okyo> u guys got some good wbs from what ive seen, who r they? (ro, spacegod, etc)
    zidane> they are great players from dsb/EG. i think they are twl quality players in all 3 leagues
    okyo> maybe u guys arent the favorite to win twld this year.. but im pretty sure u are for lj and lb
    okyo> most of ur ppl are 3 leaguers
    zidane> i think ld and lj are very competitive, lb is looking easier than usual with a lot of quality sharks quitting
    okyo> ya thats for sure, u and mattey i think are by far the most dominant shark duo in the zone right now..
    okyo> its gonna be very hard to win against u guys
    okyo> any1 u looking to destroy in twl ?
    zidane> lol id for us to do well in twld, especially dice since most of our lineup from the past few seasons joined them
    zidane> id love**
    zidane> dice is definitely our biggest rival in all 3 leagues but they seem weaker than usual in jav/base
    okyo> ye i think we will see another exciting thunder vs dice in lj n lb
    okyo> anyways thx 4 ur time
    zidane> np, would like to say gl to force in leagues. esp LD, this could be ur year
    okyo> thx. iron is gona be happy to hear u say that

Dynasty

Lineup: Keith, Delectable (Mr. Mee Mee Sock), Welt, Geio, Failed
    Subs: Flew, Wreck, Guero, Afri, bad game, BigKing, Halls…

Dynasty may have a decent team, but they won’t get very far. Their lineup consists of two Fierce benchers that cannot seem to perform at all without the protection of Fierce’s core. Does that mean they aren’t very good? Probably. Anyone can perform well if they were playing with Fierce’s real warbirds.

They have a ton of decent warbirds, and unfortunately, it’s going to be tough choosing who to play, as they are mostly all equal in individual skill. Ravage and Flew will definitely want to play, as they are the captain of the squad. However, I don’t think that would be a good idea. Ravage hardly ever goes positive. Flew shoots 1 bullet per minute and can only kill people at a r0 distance.

:#dynasty:allow interview 4 twld any1
    LegionOfBoom> Carry on
    okyo> sup
    LegionOfBoom> Hi
    okyo> how u feel about dynasty going into twld?
    okyo> we all think u guys are gonna be huge underdogs
    LegionOfBoom> Yes, underdogs definatly...a lot of us have played together over the years here and there....Dynasty I think has some potential to cause an upset or two. Also I do believe we could could maybe even make it out of the first round in Playoffs
    LegionOfBoom> only time will tell, but it's going to take people dropping ego's and playing for the team
    okyo> ye
    okyo> i noticed 1 thing about u guys roster
    okyo> you have tons of decent warbirds
    okyo> its gonna be tough choosing who exactly to field in?
    LegionOfBoom> Yeah, totally agree when there is a handful of guys that could start here! Im assuming whoever puts in the most time and effort will get the nod.
    okyo> thats a good plan.
    okyo> any squads u guys looking to destroy in particular?
    LegionOfBoom> Eh, to be honest at this point we really don't have a rivalry per say....but I would like to take off a team such as thunder
    LegionOfBoom> Every year they are a top powerhouse so by defeating them could give a massive boost of morale.
    okyo> they dont have their starters from burn from last season though
    LegionOfBoom> Look's like they all went to dice. BUT they are still thunder. They are the spurs of basketball.
    LegionOfBoom >They figure it out.
    okyo> hehe im sure they will
    okyo> thx 4 interview and gud luck on ur goal to destroy thundir
    LegionOfBoom>Thank you, like wise best of luck in the upcoming season.

LEGO

Lineup: Joemoma, Doughnut, Raizin, Riksa, Kidnapper
    Subs: bellflowers, Rival

Lego is mostly a basing team. They hardly have any good warbirds, and therefore won’t make it very far. It pains me to say this, but I think they’re going to suffer a complete blowout every game, unless they’re playing against Paladen or Spark.

joemoma> lol ok
    okyo> so how do you feel about your wbs for twld atm?
    okyo> i dont remeber if lego returns from last season twl
    joemoma> we do
    tj hazuki> am ready if u are
    joemoma> well i feel that if i can get all of them on we could be a dark horse of twl, however got a everyone in different time zones to organize
    joemoma> plan on improving from last year and see where we go
    okyo> that would be great if you could do that, since u are captain of lego after all
    okyo> i think if u have your full ld line, you may stand a chance vs dynasty at least, what do you think?
    joemoma> plan on beating dynasty and paladen 24/7 bd if they show and maybe 1 upset along the way
    1:AFRI> hoki
    okyo> 24/7 bd? im not sure if theyre in twld
    joemoma> no but who knows if a squad drops out
    okyo> oh i see, they may have a chance to get in then.
    okyo> it seems like spark is hopeless in warbird after all
    okyo> any last words?
    joemoma> substitute spark for 24/7 bd
    okyo> lol
    okyo> thx 4 interview gl
    joemoma> we have plenty of things to work on, but thats the idea of preseason, if we can get organized we will surprise people

Spark

Lineup: Cloth, Klean-X, deaths, Big Sean, Fork
    Subs: Anyone

Spark has almost no warbirds, except for Cloth. They may have Unabled and a2m on their roster, but the chance that they are going to show up to play is most likely 0%.

okyo> yo tower interview?
    okyo> give me interview now
    okyo> u know i’ve always admired ur infinite knowledge about things
    Tower> sure
    okyo> ur squad reminds me of some dna polymerases epsilon, which synthesize dna molecules from deoxyribonucleotide, which are also essential to replication and to the chemical reaction of diphosphate.

Paladen

Lineup: Jebass, little buddha <ZH>, Racketeer, Sassafras, Hirluin 2
    Subs: Up in ya !!, Iam, RTAllen

Unfortunately, Jessup quit the game, leaving an already unsteady Paladen even more unsteady. They will have the chance to beat Lego and Spark, but that’s about it.

okyo> allow interview
    jebass> whats up man
    okyo> are u rdy for interview?
    jebass> sure for what
    okyo> how do u feel going into twld once again?
    okyo> seems like things are looking quite dire for u guys... especially with jessup departure
    jebass> well i would like to place higher then usall
    okyo> so u guys have a better lineup this season?
    jebass> i could use better players still i have about 5 active
    WinterFell entered arena
    okyo> how do u feel about jessup leaving u guys?
    jebass> doesnt matter to me one way or the other maybe we can get a team to team
    okyo> thats good to hear
    okyo> how u feel about me wearing ur squad banner?
    . . .
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Thank you for this. This is exactly what the zone needs right now!

I hope we see some new names at A1 after this season. GL!
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

owwwww
      AKA Shaun
      ----------------------

Comment

very good predictions!

thanks for this
        TWLD 2016 Champion
        TWDTD champion x 3
        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

top 100 basers list

Comment

Nice write up attacks and Okyo

Love the story board Claus!
            MRW

Comment

Nice write up okyo. Made me giggle a couple of times. Too bad this TWLD will be boring as hell tho. And fiS is rdy to rock anyone in TWLD dis year. She dropping bombs on every squad she play in dd.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

very negative.
                TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Very funny write up

2pacZ> well i been on kong for a good min helping jb and I been on dice before when megaman owned it, my boy myth told me to join up, stayon hired me after seeing stats, but yeah man I think we'll win twld this year
                  okyo> ? i didnt even ask any questions yet

AHAHA sukdik 2pacz

Comment

rofl claus - I wanted to add in the history of Cobra rather than to blag we only made it to quarterfinals.

Good write up, I was skeptical but it was an entertaining read - definitely a very open season I think.....shame dynasty aren't more active and didn't split all those wbs in to another TWLD squad/re-inforce paladen/spark/lego
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Streak on the line
                      tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                      capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                      capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                      9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                      1:Kentaro> suits you well
                      1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

wethenorth
                        tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
                        capE> lucky he didnt say captain
                        capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
                        9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
                        1:Kentaro> suits you well
                        1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

The Streak

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            rofl claus - I wanted to add in the history of Cobra rather than to blag we only made it to quarterfinals.
                            LOL Ricko, was only joking, got tons of respect for Cobra's TWLD over the years. Just find the profile funny listing reaching quarterfinals, but yeah I get what you mean.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Thanks for this write-up, really great work. Looking forward to reading this stuff during the season.

My take:

I agree losing Fierce is a huge blow, considering they reached the last 5 finals in a row, and 6 of the last 7. Ease in javelin (since Season 10), Fierce in warbird (since Season 14), and Dicers in base (since Season 8) have always been the final boss in those respective leagues and you always want to go through them in winning the title, knowing that they were champions even when the game was healthier. TWLD has suffered a huge blow without them.

The silver lining is that it does open up the field a bit, and Thunder/Cobra/Force will still have to go through the defending champs to win Season 21 and beat Bur....err, "Dice".

Originally posted by TWLD S20 Finals Preview
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1472[/ATTACH]

Dice

Lineup: Best, Raazi, Racka, Mythril, who cares

So, if you look at the TWLD Finals last year, Burn played 7 warbirds, but the big four were Best, Raazi, Ease, and Weak -- they were the dominant forces on Burn last season, and Mythril, Racka, and myself played supporting roles, although Mythril started every game and thus had a bigger impact.

Best is in his own tier, though, he was the best warbird in subspace by far, and MVP'd both rounds in the Finals. Ease, Raazi, and Weak were all fantastic, though. Dice took two of our four best players, then two of our supports, except they aren't really supports, because Ease and Mythril singlehandedly won Season 17 over Fierce with one of the biggest carries/upsets of all time, and Racka won a title as a heavy-hitting starter on Fierce and was the best warbird in the zone Season 19.

Racka has beef with Zidane and Tiny, and I've been trashing Mythril all year for going -900 in TWLD last season since he trolled our chat with his "Dice 2016" spam, so they're both motivated and I expect them to play more like carries this season, meaning Dice have four of Thundora's best warbirds with no Fierce in their way. It doesn't even matter who their fifth is.

Do they even have any real competition?

Odds of Reaching Finals: 90%

Force

Lineup: Skepsis, Attacks, Iron Survivor, Cres, okyo, Siaxis

Do you trust anyone outside of Skepsis, a proven Fierce champion? Iron Survivor is a choker who has never done anything in the playoffs, Siaxis has 0 lifetime TWLD playoff wins and usually ducks tough games, Cres doesn't dodge, Attacks has never done anything. Okyo is a great warbird, and fearless. Assuming Dice clinches the #1 spot, that means Force will have to go through a two contenders -- one in the Semis, and one in the Finals. Do you trust this lineup to beat two contenders back-to-back? I sure as hell don't.

Odds of Reaching Finals: 25%

Cobra

Lineup: Ricko, Rasaq, Absent, Kentaro, Tripin, Vys, Turban

Ricko is a proven TWLD playoff contender, Kentaro too, as is Vys. I have serious questions about activity regarding the latter two, though. Rasaq is a very good warbird, but inconsistent. Absent, Tripin, and Turban are solid support players for their core. I think this team is a legit contender. They were a bigger threat to Burn last year than Potenza (now Force) in them reaching Fierce in the Finals, and took a round off them despite being inactive.

They have a Sweet S15 vibe to them, in that they are not the favorites but they have all the pieces needed to win, but they'll need superhuman efforts from Ricko and Kentaro and solid support play from the others. Activity is the biggest concern here, I trust these warbirds deep playoff experience in the crunch, especially in a softer league.

Odds of Reaching Finals: 45%

Thunder

Lineup: Ease, Weak, Mr. Tinkles, Weaver, Ro, space god, Zidane, Ogron

Unlike TWLJ and TWLB, Thunder are defending champions in name only in TWLD, with 4 of their 7 starters from last year on Dice. Ease and Weak are the main carries on this team, and will have to go Pandora S17 to win a title. Mr. Tinkles was a starter S17 and MVP'd a round in the Finals against Fierce and is their third best player, and he'll have to perform for Thunder to have a chance. Weaver and Ogron have been good at some points, but they haven't been impact players in years, although they are reliable supports. Ro and space god are DSB gods and incredibly active and putting up blistering numbers in TWDD and could become legitimate factors in Thunder making a deep playoff run -- we'll see how they perform in a more high-pressure, 5v5 environment during the TWLD regular season, but given the lack of active veteran warbirds on this squad they will definitely have ample opportunity to become permanent starters.

Odds of Reaching Finals: 40%

These are the only four teams with realistic designs on the throne, but I really only think three of them can win. Like Potenza's 7-0 in the TWLD S20 regular season, their 1400 rating in TWDD is a sham propped up by beating joke lines in 3v3, and they are replete with players who can't win on the biggest stage. Burn 2.0 are the heavy favorites to repeat as TWLD Champions, while Cobra and Thunder will have to prove their mettle and overachieve in order to upset heavy favorites in Dice.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ogron; 06-04-2016, 01:05 PM.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X