Dissolution of Inferno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolution of Inferno

Everybody in Trench Wars knows by now that there is an infinite cycle that repeats itself every TWL season. A handful of squads are created by people during bursts of inspiration that believe can take them far into the leagues, even into the playoffs. Many of these squads end up being dissolved after a couple games due to cooperation problems, while others last for a couple more but end up dissolving because of the lack of performance. For Inferno, it is neither.

When Immolate was created at the beginning of the TWD season, Crazy Canockout, Sphinktor, Ludicrous, Xqui$ite, and myself decided to create a unique squad that comprised of friends who would cooperate well in-game and out, that way as long as we developed our skills individually, the teaming will roll in eventually. This worked for quite some time, but as TWD progressed, we've decided to give TWDD a shot, but since we're dominantly javelin players, it was difficult to find time to look in ourselves to gain warbirding skills in such a short time. Slowly more players began to join our squadron, and by the end of TWD, we were a flourished squad with nearly 30 members.

When TWL started, Immolate became Inferno due to Crazy Canockout's captaining leave. Inferno was continued by Co-captains Kim, Sphinktor, and Xqui$ite. There weren't many squad member changes, yet they existed. In this season of TWL, we weren't set out to win anything or even attain playoff status, we were only there for participation and to do our best. Hopefully, this learned experience will take us further in the next season of TWL. As the weeks blew over, certain individuals seeked TWD squads to join due to "promises made" or "new opporunities". As a few left, a chain reaction began. Slowly, 1/3 of our roster disappeared into growing TWD squads (including co-captains Xqui$ite and Sphinktor), and problems for showing up to TWL games began to show. However, this did not stop us from going on, as new co-captains Singe and Ricemachine were promoted alongside Kim to solve our activity problem.

Soon enough, I realized that the only people who would show to games would be the captains and certain members, who still never showed to all the games like the dedicated captains. However, not for once did I lay the blame on any members as it wasn't expected of them to come to every match with the busy lives that they live. Slowly, one by one, even some close members started to leave me messages saying that our squad is dying, and that there is no hope for us in TWL, "you should leave too, Kim". I was really upset when these messages came to me, but that was the truth, and with roster lock, there was no way to recollect ourselves.

Ending my message, i'd like to thank some individuals who's efforts in the game made this squad possible, and the friendships that developed in it over time.

Leadership: Crazy Canockout, Sphinktor, Xqui$ite, Singe, Ricemachine, C-V0lt

Dedicated and active members: Aiyo, Calm, DaRuler, Ri, Power of Love, Zeebu, Cherry, Contestation, Demolish, Fruit, and Hylide.

--As for ex-Inferno members, I blame you for nothing, and that you should be recognized to, as you were once dedicated and active members--

Ex's: Easton, Lag Killer, Ryan, Timing, adam, audit, Deft1, Warlord, Piston, Pistol, Boze, Add, soar, Fission, Ice Storm, ups

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, and if I did, you know that I have my best wishes for you.

This season of TWL was by far the best i've seen, though I haven't seen many, and that you people should be enjoying it. I can tell you that Inferno had fun while it lasted, and though we've split by name, we're still close friends. That's what trench wars community is all about.

- Kim
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

cool people have attendance issues during the summer

:[
    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

i like summer ^_^
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

i like titties
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV

Luckily, they still make it to the forum to post a whole bunch.
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

True dat.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

posting a 2 minute reply on forums isnt a 30 minute game in TWL, actualy more then 30 till it gets started

why exactly are TWL in summer anyway? i'd say ppl have more lives during summer then winter :x
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Inferno/immolate was the best squad i have ever been on. I left because i thought it was falling apart after cc left and other people. I was going to rejoin but it is to late. I mean best as in most fun and not boring.. and also the best of cource.
                Good luck to inferno

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                ---
                5:waven> freeze
                5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                5:Freeze> LOL
                5:waven> that's how things work around here
                --
                1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

You guys made a good run , Its hard to run a squad where few members are willing to participate in twl games. Nevertheless loyal inferno members have gain experinece and will turn out to be great players in the future. Gl wherever u guys go

-Tyson
                  Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

I knew you wouldn't make it after CC bailed on you guys, but props for trying kim.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

"I was afraid everyone would leave so I left."

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV

Pish posh, TWL games are in the afternoon, cool people don't go out until 2 in the morning.
                        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Faded = new Inferno... join up you immolations!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                            I knew you wouldn't make it after CC bailed on you guys, but props for trying kim.
                            Thanks Nick, it means a lot

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                            "I was afraid everyone would leave so I left."
                            That is so tru i'm speechless
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                              Luckily, they still make it to the forum to post a whole bunch.
                              Yes, because I post here every weekend afternoon between 1 and 5 in the afternoon.

Originally posted by Mattey
                              Pish posh, TWL games are in the afternoon, cool people don't go out until 2 in the morning.
                              SHTU UP U FAG NEWBLET I AMK EWL CUZ U R NOT AND I AM KEWL I CALLED U A FAG HA HA DARK CAN I JOIN UR SQUAD
                              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Working...
                              X