A simple request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ele n vai a nenhum festival lol ... vai po algarve
    There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

luckily tipo le bem pra ver o k el diz...tipo 3day festival mas tass bem...luckily es dond?nunka t veju jugar
      Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
      Your friend,
      ​​Papi
      ​​​​​

Comment

owh u misunderstood me, 2 weeks portugal, and then the weekend after a 3day festival in holland. :S

foo fighters r coming, blackalicious, stereophonics, feeder and a lot of dutch and unknown bands.

Comment

full time.

When you work you have a set schedule usually. So you get weekends off unless you work overtime.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Epi i have classes this fall on Mon, Wed and Fri. I have to leave at 10 am and ill be back by 7ish which includes 3 hours of driving a day. I have 12 hours of class a week, probably another 5 hours of homework/studying a week. Thats a grand total of around 25 hours of committed time to school a week with 4 completely free days and im in a tough program. Plus during exam times its more like 15 hours a week of work and we also get reading week and such. Compare that with the 10 hours a day i have to commite to working an how exhuasted i feel as soon as i come home and it just doesnt come close. As well my stress levels r much higher during school terms so i usually want to play more computer to relax.

Hmm actually i just realized my winter term is going to be hell with another 20 hours of homework a week so maybe. it just depends on a persons school/program. But i know for sure highschoolers have insane amounts of free time on their hands. My lil bro just graduated an Ontario scholar and he plays 8-10 hours of computer a day.

Comment

Lectures start usually at 8:15 am and are generally 4hrs long. Lectures on a bad, for me, day (which is more than 50% of my total school time) are from 8:15-12:15 then another set from 13:15-16:30, and that is, most of the time, during all weekdays. Now, there can be all sorts of variations with few weekdays off or with lectures starting at 10:00 and ending at 12:00 for that day, but I generally count on being on lectures to 13:00.

If I have to study for an exam (let say a standard 5 point or 5 week course), you have to start about 2.5 weeks before the exam and study ~4-5 hours/day (you can read about 10 pages of text in one hour, and a chapter usually has 40-50 pages). So that's one 5 hrs session just to READ through a single chapter (an exam at 5 points course is about 6-10 chapters....an exam in biochemistry course that was a 7 weeks long was on 700 pages). Include to that all the labs, homeworks, articles, practical work, group work, group study and reports and "working day" when studying goes easily over 8 hours/day. It's hard to even lead a normal social life with tough schedule
              Originally posted by Disliked
              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Hmm, most of my economic courses are two 25% midterms and a 50% final. No homework is necessary and i study about 5-10 hours for the midterms and maybe 10-15 for the exam. Just go to class, pay attention and know how to study efficiently. Yet somehow we r down to around 56 ppl in the entire honours economics program now in 4th year from around 350 in first year. Its different at Laurier schedule wise, the university caters to its bus and eco students. Few of our courses, especially required ones, ever start b4 11 am and rarely start after 4 pm.

You have standard 5 week courses? Ours are 12 weeks, 2 classes a week and the class is either taught on powerpoint slides (business) or on the board (economics) and we take notes. I rarely buy the textbooks anymore since u dont need them for most classes, so there is no reading and u just have to study 10-20 pages of condensed notes.

It must be the program that causes ppl to have insane work, my friends at waterloo for computers and engineering work 60-70 hour weeks on assignments, but they knew what they were getting into
                Last edited by Eric is God; 08-11-2003, 12:02 PM.

Comment

What I do is harder than what you do.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I dont doubt it is bz. The point ive been trying to make is that i dont understand why school takes up so much of ppl's time. I consider my program quite average which is why im amazed only 20% of students who start in it actually finish. Although keep in mind i had a small anxiety/stress breakdown in 2nd year caused partially by my program and lost a year because of it. When i petitioned to drop my courses or extend my finals the staff said its common for students in my program to "lose" it. But, with 96% of students having jobs within 6 months of graduating and average starting salaries around $45k its worth the hassle compared to most programs. Even some of my friends at one of the top computing schools in the world cant find co-op jobs right now unless they feel like doing data entry or being a tech help person.

Comment

Working...
                    X