No announcement yet.

TWL Season 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hMmm... so when's Season 7 gonna start... rougly which month?

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
      twl season 5 sucked because light folded and siege dominated
      DOMINATED YOU SAY??? WELL I REMEMBER ONE OR TWO SQUADS THAT BEAT THEM
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Heyhey!

thanks for the warm welcome guys
        because of epi and pushers hard work in season 6, we now have a stable set of rules for season 7... just needs a few adjustments here and there. Please don't hesitate to contact me in game, ?message me or post on these forums with any ideas / rule changes that you may have. I have several ideas and changes for season 7 that i would like to introduce in around a month or so. As for the starting date, I have a general timeframe in which i would like to start season 7 and will disclose that information when that time draws nearer.

Addressing the request made by jason (and several others) for a spider league... As of right now, it does not seem feasable to add another divison to TWL. While the setup and bots would not be an issue, it would still drastically increase the number of games that would require to be played each weekend (from 48 to 64). Based on last season, Sundays were horribly booked up, so i think that adding 16 more games would just add to this problem.

Comment

Maybe we should split the leagues, run base and dueling at the same time, and when that ends, run spids and javs... then there's way shorter breaks, less games each weekend, but always something happening.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I heard that all squads from last TWL will be allowed back into this one. Is this true, and if so, why? Supposedly it's under the pretense of "stability" but it seems to be that allowing NS and BS back into the leagues without having to earn their way is just going to cause unstable league play, not to mention about 9,000,000 people complaining. NS won 2 games total out of all three leagues last season, and I really don't think very many people would be excited to see them back next season. What are the exact rules on the matter?
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
              Maybe we should split the leagues, run base and dueling at the same time, and when that ends, run spids and javs... then there's way shorter breaks, less games each weekend, but always something happening.
              OMG i was thinking the same thing

im not going to do anything that different for season 7 though... I would like to use next season to make the bots and the rules rock solid. I was going to bring that idea up though for season 8 because green is my favorite color!!
              Last edited by Cpt.Guano!; 09-17-2003, 03:36 PM.

Comment

i agree with face. although i think that ALL twl squads should have to qualify to be in next season's league... even the squads that won the championships. the reason being, alot of roster changes have already happened and you're now dealing with (in some cases) drastically different teams under the same name.

you should consider running a qualifying league where the top x amount of teams get twl births. maybe double-elimination or possibly nfl standings format for the preseason.

also, i think you should implement the idea (i forgot who's it was) about locking roster drops/leaves one week and then locking roster adds the following week, which should help prevent the whole roster lock squadjump abuse we witnessed last season.
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                  i agree with face. although i think that ALL twl squads should have to qualify to be in next season's league... even the squads that won the championships. the reason being, alot of roster changes have already happened and you're now dealing with (in some cases) drastically different teams under the same name.

you should consider running a qualifying league where the top x amount of teams get twl births. maybe double-elimination or possibly nfl standings format for the preseason.

also, i think you should implement the idea (i forgot who's it was) about locking roster drops/leaves one week and then locking roster adds the following week, which should help prevent the whole roster lock squadjump abuse we witnessed last season.
                  I disagree with the idea that all squads have to requalify this season, if you do that this time, you have to do it every time becuase the changes will always happen. I like the idea of winning a free pass into the next season. You could say that's just because my squad is in that position, but I'm confident we would qualify anyway, so that's not really the point.

I like the roster lock idea though.
                  http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                    I disagree with the idea that all squads have to requalify this season, if you do that this time, you have to do it every time becuase the changes will always happen. I like the idea of winning a free pass into the next season. You could say that's just because my squad is in that position, but I'm confident we would qualify anyway, so that's not really the point.
                    i don't see a problem with requalifying every season. hell, it gives us something to do in the offseason... and it's a damn good method to keep your squad active and competitive.

what would be the negatives about this idea?

Comment

I think it gives squads a reason to stay together, and when you say that it gives us something to do in the off season, maybe some squads don't want that. I'd rather just screw around in the off-season, and try new lines, and let people who suck play (I get to play javs now).

If you're making people requalify, I think it should be really simple. Like just a certain number of twd games played, to make sure they're still somewhat active.

Comment

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Epi and Push's original plan was to drop the bottom 4 from each division (for a total of 8 per league) to be replaced by the top 8 twd squads in that league. With top squads like Elusive and rampage dissolving it changes it somewhat, but I think that basic idea is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                          I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Epi and Push's original plan was to drop the bottom 4 from each division (for a total of 8 per league) to be replaced by the top 8 twd squads in that league. With top squads like Elusive and rampage dissolving it changes it somewhat, but I think that basic idea is fine.
                          You're wrong

My personal plan was to do exactly what we did for season 6.

-Epi
                          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                            You're wrong

My personal plan was to do exactly what we did for season 6.

-Epi
                            run around blindly and change things on the fly?

Comment

I guess I don't really care as long as we know ahead of time what's going on. If we're at the bottom of the ladder thinking everything's fine, and then 3 days before leagues start someoen tells us we have to be at the top, there's gonna be problems.

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                                run around blindly and change things on the fly?
                                Coming from one of the most useless staff members ever that means a whole lot. LOLs enjoy welfare bud.

-Epi
                                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                                X