Post suggestions for TWT here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of this has alreayd been said, but here's what I'd like to see in TWT;

-Any squad able to enter TWT. There's really no reason/way to stop experienced people from getting their TW fix. Well, maybe fascist league mod syndrome.

-if ladder, like the first twt: top 11-16 spots are filled with the TWL squads. at the end of the season whoever's in those 11-16 spots moves on to TWL. I'd like to _not_ see a ladder this season; last season was a coordination nightmare, and even with new bots I can definetly see staff being hard pressed to figure out a fair challenge/point systen. Ladders are really suited for continuos play, not something with a set time frame (racketball, Starcraft, chess ladder, etc). Things kinda break down at the end. Why not just run this as an actual tournament? You could do pools of round robin play, seed brackets from the results, and finish it single/double elimination style. This way, everyone gets to play, and we get a competitve TWL set. Do it this way, and you could probably complete the TWL in 10 weeks or less, that's a _huge_ bonus no matter where you stand.

-End new roster additions to squads after a 1-3 week grace period. If you ran a pool+bracket style, lock after pool play.

-Someone, Web I think, suggested adding a new game to make things interesting? SAY IT WITH ME NOW
    SPEEDBALL FOR TWSBT!
    come on! You've got a really zealous speedball community, ready made maps and rules, and a stats webpage desperately wanting to help run this! The only reason it failed last time is because it was abandoned by staff on day 1, and run in the off season! Run it with TWT and people will flock to it! Hell! I'll host all the damn matches myself if you'll let me! Fud! We'll run it on Jiu's less laggy server for god sake, just give us the damn settings! WE (I) WILL NOT LET THE MOST FUN miniGAME IN TW GO QUIETLY INTO OBLIVION!

-Set new, stricter, lag limits in base matches. Possibly take away the jav rocket?

-increase the speed of conflict resolution/ postponment resolution.

The most critical points here are:
    - a ladder will suck
    - let TWL players play
    - lock rosters
    -SPEEDBALL FOR TWT
    Edit:grr, I had to write that twice. Ass munchy back button
    Last edited by wadi; 08-09-2002, 04:18 AM.

Comment

A ladder would work fine if the team ratings were calculated from the relative performance of a squad. I.e FIFA football world rankings.
      "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

lets bring this back

here's my rantings

the proposal that TWL squads will not be allowed in that TWT league is bad for squads - if you finish poorly you will not be in TWT cause u were in TWL and u will not be in next TWL. People will leave squads to join other squads who are in the league of their choice. I mean if a squad just wants duelling, they're not likely to stay in the squad and wait for 2 more leagues to pass before they can next enter.

Not allowing TWL squads in TWT imo will only work if you run TWT and TWL at the same time, or you merge the leagues into divisions that are run at the same time.

You could also run a special tournament during the leagues, a knockout tournament involving teams from both divisions / leagues which should consist of 1 round (as apposed to the normal 3 rounds for the division games). The tournament would also be great competition for squads because if you loose a match, your out, meaning they'll want to try harder in this to get further into it.
        fuck off you fucking fucks

Comment

jonas i agree. the formula is not that diificult to use and would even out the playing field.
          To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
          brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

um

Um will u be able 2 keep a name in twl squad, and a different name in twt, hmm?,or can twl squads have a seperate twt! that would be cool, something 2 think about.

witty

Comment

The idea using the TWL rosters as the TWT rosters, is to try to prevent doublesquadding problem.

Using two names wouldn't really help towards that problem.
              Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

wat if some twl squads.. want to play twt for good prac.. and maybe want to improve certain aspects of their game? if twl squads arent allowed to play that is another stupid decision by league staff.
                RaCka> how can i get you here
                death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Read the thread that Mythrandir posted, death row.

They are allowed to play in them, but we aren't sure how yet.
                  Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Working...
                  X