No announcement yet.

Handling new squads and dissolves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By next season TWT would have already took place. With that said, why don't we just get TWT squads to replace squads that leave. That would seem the best solution.
    "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

Oops missed the point

We'll start them with 0 next season. Make them work themselves to the top.
      "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

whats this season, crome?

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath
          if you put into place a systerm like was suggested before TWL ever started, and now i see that has been mentioned a possibility by your league staff for next year......you will have your best squads moving up

have your league in 2 tiers

twt will give you your bottom teams for the first division next season, and have the other squads that are developing and playing in a 2nd division play as a 2nd division.....then you have active squads that are already playing league matches to step up when squads collapse......

and at the end of each season the bottom 1-3 teams get relegated to the 2nd division and the top of the 2nd earn the right to compete in tier 1 division......

talk about prizes worth working for.....and why every win would be important in the division 1 ...... to keep from being relegated....

but i know that system will require a lot of planning and organization too.....it cant just happen overnight......and planning for resources for trained staff to ref too im sure
          impossible just because too many squads break up, if u end up last in the first tier u would relegate to the second tier, but what if 3 squads in the first tier dissolve? who gets those spots?
          It would only work if no squads dissolves. A possibility would be to have qualifications for the first tier spots that are free, the last 2/3 of the season and the first 2/3 of the second division and a few new squads that are very promising. A good thing about 2 tiers is that more people can play.
          Last edited by Dabram; 08-17-2002, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Dabram under goliath's system (which incidentily is the system I proposed over a year and a half ago) the dropout teams from TWL would be replaced by the top teams in TWT.

Adding my personal spin on it, I think TWT should happen on weekdays without scheduled games. Just make it a ladder, so that way the most active and best squads will be at the top of that ladder. And by having it on weekdays gives enough staff power to host, AND also makes sure TWT is always active. Once you set up a webpage for the ladder, it's more or less automatic.

So anytime you have a team drop out of TWL, you promote a TWT team. At the end of the TWL season you promote LOTS of TWT teams (say 4, 2/conference) to TWL positions while you demote some TWL teams to TWT.

Whenever you promote a TWT team midseason, they would not be allowed into playoffs for TWL (which I personally prefer over just giving them a record of 0 wins to start) for reasons I have explained above.

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Whatz the diff.

Whatz the difference. if a squad takes another squads spot? i see no differnece, say that squad, recruits a bunch of players, and turns around and kiks butt, and ends up making it to the playoffs, no difference in if another squad takes that squads spot, and makes it 2 the playoffs, its just a name. lol most of the time when a squad goes bust half there players are either picked up by another squad, or sometimes the squad just merges with another squad, to better there chances.

Witty

ps. Always light on the other side of the tunnel.

Comment

Working...
              X