Comment

Dark Commando

Comment

yungsta was also decent for a time.

but then he started dueling
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx
          gnome and I are undoubtedly the best and only sharks worth mentioning in this game. Our tactics, skill, and lag are all far superior to all others and that is the reason whiterabbits are undefeated and first place in twlb. Simply put, we fucking rule.

A few other sharks have perhaps, combined, about 1/1000th of the skill possessed by just one of gnome and I.

However, Jonas isn't horrible, Mantra doesn't suck completely, a2m is pretty awful though, Miau is the third cutest shark (next to gnome and I) so she gets props, whoever the hell the sharks are for Pallies (spam, bz, samu, pj, conc, gen, ryan, etc..) may as well just quit the game and die because they are all horrible. Mrs.Magoo is pretty bad and should be axed from NS, apparently people think Windreaper is good, but I think only crips say that anyway, Light sharks are all the best though because they have superior line mining super elite tk skills, I've never seen A-S use sharks in twlb matches, so I'm not sure if they have any half decent ones, though it's rumoured that Adman sucks and Cries/Ogred/whoever else aren't any better either.

Seriously though, I find it hard to judge skill possessed by a shark as they have to totally rely on their team. Without good spiders, sharks will appear sloppy, confused and die an enormous amount of times as they try to keep their terrier alive, and clear the way to enter base.

Without a decent terr in the flagroom, a shark will always look out of position and may be forced to make bad repels or lay mines in bad positions out of desperation.

Sharks I do enjoy playing with though: Miau, Cries, any Pallies shark, gnome, magoo, a2m, I guess anybody I listed before (except for Light sharks, I can't stand playing with line miners...)

And anybody that says I even have the slightest bit of ability is completely wrong, anybody with a 350ms ave ping can play shark.
          Fbz doesn't line mine, and I seriously doubt that he would play with you.
          Last edited by Ruby; 08-27-2002, 05:10 PM.
          I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

We forgot that FBZ is to elite to play with us newbs.

And ruby how do you knwo he wouldn't liek to ahve fun basing with us?

Jesus you talk to much.

Comment

Agreed Adman.
              When you strive hard to learn knowledge, you discover that you simply lost your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
                We forgot that FBZ is to elite to play with us newbs.
                Jesus you talk to much.
                My god, it's not even worth posting, once again you short bus people assumed I meant "He wouldn't base with you because you're newbie" I'm sick of this ignorance, shut the fuck up. Assuming is for the weak, get facts first assholes.

If you actually read my post and stop putting "tags" on people, you'd realize that it means fbz doesn't do that kind of thing, he's a dueler, not a baser.

Sigh... it's tiring, really, to defend my position from what I wasn't even talking about in the first place all the time.

And ruby how do you knwo he wouldn't liek to ahve fun basing with us?
                I can officially say he's probably one of my best buds in SS, and will continue to be.
                Last edited by Ruby; 08-28-2002, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                  ...fbz doesn't do that kind of thing, he's a dueler, not a baser.
                  He's played in a few private basing matches that I remember. I seem to recall picking him a few times.

Oh, and I think castro was referring to Hannes as the line-miner (though Mitch does it as well, when he sharks).

In my opinion, line mining works fine, if done correctly. However, I'd rather have a shark that will attempt to push out on defense, giving cover to spiders and forcing the enemy to scramble.

I've listed my favorite sharks before, but If I had to pick one shark in all of TW to be on my team, it would be Windreaper, without a doubt.

llater,
                  Tony

Comment

And you're a homo. So.........

Comment

And you're a homo. So.........
                      Nice one, I'm appalled at your intelligence. Nice picture by the way.

Comment

On the topic of line mining, if the enemy's miners are already tooken out, the miner will usually take out everyone the barges in. It's used by some for a reason. Though I agree there is a small chance of it killing your spiders, but the spiders should be smart enough to get away from the wall. Also, if the other miner just worries about repelling them back, the line miner won't kill him. That's the strategy that light uses most often, and it works wonders.
                        Last edited by Ruby; 08-28-2002, 03:56 PM.

Comment

make fun of me all you want!
                          But you're still a homo.

I just grow tired of your attitude.
                          Last edited by Adman; 08-28-2002, 04:34 PM.

Comment

make fun of me all you want!
                            But you're still a homo.

I just grow tired of your attitude.
                            As I do you.

Comment

Please Ruby don't start destroying this thread...

Just post your top sharks and make comments, stop typing things like "Oh your lame and homo". That message was for everyone.

PEACE!
                              When you strive hard to learn knowledge, you discover that you simply lost your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                                On the topic of line mining, if the enemy's miners are already tooken out, the miner will usually take out everyone the barges in. It's used by some for a reason. Though I agree there is a small chance of it killing your spiders, but the spiders should be smart enough to get away from the wall. Also, if the other miner just worries about repelling them back, the line miner won't kill him. That's the strategy that light uses most often, and it works wonders.
                                That may work sorta...but why not push them back, which will make them go after You, which will make them forget about repelling/dodging the jav who 4fers them. Also, when the shark line mines, he tks the people who are getting off the terr. Because where does the terr usually sit? Close to the wall, but far enough in to avoid jav bombs...With 4 mines being repped the people who just get off the terr die, wasting whatever use they have and allowing the nme to get into the FR.
                                :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X