X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RULES

Synopsis

Basing Cup is a draft league with no star cap.

It features scheduled 8 vs. 8 basing games on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

We will be increasing the amount of teams from 4 to 6 this season.

Specials are not allowed. It is 5 spiders, 2 sharks, and 1 terr format.

Regular Season

Sunday games are worth 3 points (30 points total across the season over 10 games, or 66.6% value) and Race to 15 minutes

Tuesday and Thursday games are worth 1 point (15 points total across the season over 15 games, or 33.3% value) and Race to 10 to 15 minutes, depending on showrates and schedule.

We can now change the race to any time goal, allowing flexibility.

Overdraft euros at your own risk, as many cannot show weekdays, and the 6th placed team is eliminated from contention.

Playoff Format

5 of the 6 teams make the playoffs.

Like last year, the playoffs take place all on one day, meaning your top 1-2 euro players (or less enthusiastic north american superstars) theoretically only need to show once to help your team win the championship, assuming you didn't overdraft euros and finish 6th, although you could be strong enough on Sundays to lose all your weekday games and still make the playoffs.

The #1 seed gets to choose their Semi-Finals opponent between the #3, #4 and #5 seed. The #2 seed is immune to being selected, and plays whoever the #1 seed doesn't select.

The play-in is a best-of-one for the final spot in the Semi-finals between the 4th and 5th seeds. (Thanks to violence for this idea, who said it works very well in RSHL playoffs.)

The Play-in is a best-of-one.

#4 vs. #5 Play-in -- 2:30pm EST (Sunday, December 12, 2021)

The Semi-Finals and Finals are best-of-three.

Semi-Finals -- 3:00pm EST (Sunday, December 12, 2021)
    Finals -- 4:30pm EST (Sunday, December 12, 2021)

Trades

No trading.

Borrowing

Borrowing rules are different for Sundays and Weekdays.

Sundays

10* -- Never
    9* -- Never

8* -- Never
    7* -- Unlimited
    6* -- Unlimited

Weekdays

10* -- Never
    9* -- Never

8* -- One Max
    7* -- Unlimited
    6* -- Unlimited

On Weekdays, you get unlimited 6* and 7* borrows, and one 8*.

These rules are here to avoid forfeits. Do not bench 7* or above players for borrows. Play your own players.

Aliases

No aliases in TSL or Basing Cup. Play on your main name please. Bots will be programmed with your main alias you've used the past few years.

Free Agency

Teams have $100 each to bid on players in Free Agency.

If 48 hours pass from the last bid, you win the player. Any new bid resets the timer.

Players not bid on after 48 hours of being declared a free agent by a Basing Cup op will be randomly assigned to a team for free.

Ties will be broken through randomization.

Players can enter Free Agency until Sunday, November 28th, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. After that, no new players can enter the pool. Players in the pool can still be bid on after November 28th. Either 48 hours must pass without a bid to win the player, or, if the amount bid is higher than any other team can match, the team automatically wins the player and he becomes immediately eligible to play.

Schedule

The in-depth Basing Cup-only schedule with specific matchups is here.

You can find the TSL and Basing Cup schedule here.

Regular season times are as follows:

Tuesdays (8:00pm EST)
    Tuesdays (8:20pm EST)
    Tuesdays (8:40pm EST)

Thursdays (8:00pm EST)
    Thurdays (8:20pm EST)
    Thurdays (8:40pm EST)

Sundays (3:00pm EST)
    Sundays (3:30pm EST)
    Sundays (4:00pm EST)

You can find the playoff schedule under the Playoff Section of this thread
    Last edited by ogron; 12-10-2021, 12:04 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Why no specials? Seems pretty random.

I guess I'm in the minority but aside from dreamwin's cheat-bombs, I don't recall a single real game where specials played a role.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

updated the playoff format
      top 100 basers list

Comment

"Specials are not allowed. It is 5 spiders, 2 sharks, and 1 terr format."

Did someone tell Dreamwin ?
        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
        rEnZi> its crazy
        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
          Why no specials? Seems pretty random.
          Specials tend to ruin basing. There was a league at one point where you HAD to have 1 special in your line, although I can't remember if this was old DT or basingcup. There were also quite a few (mostly failed) attempts at specials in the DT that just ended.

Also Claushouse I see we have times scheduled for playoffs but not yet listed for the season, any word on what those times will be? Seeing as how the avg player age is probably 30+ most of us have jobs during the week, except maybe beam. I heard that guy just freeloads off his mom and lives in her basement.
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Outdated post. Read next post.

Running 3 basing games simultaneously on a weekday mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be overly ambitious lol.

With TSL going it might work, but my terrier sense is tingling, if it's a flop, we'll fix it and make the following changes:

1) instead of running 3 games with 6 teams at the same time at 8 and 8:30, we'll run 2 games with 4 teams at a time so the other 2 teams can be harvested for borrows

2) reduce the matchtimes to race to 10 minutes (instead of race to 15 minutes) on weekdays

3) matchtimes will then be 8:00pm, 8:20pm, 8:40pm (remember there's TSL before and after, I think 3 game slots to 15 min. would be too big of a chunk of time)

4) Borrowing on weekdays will be then again modified:

Always available:

8* (1 player)
            7* (unlimited)
            6* (unlimited)

If both teams agree, you may add these star slots ON TOP OF the Always Available borrows (so you'd be allowed two 8*s total):

9* (1 player) and/or
            8* (1 player)

You can agree to borrow an additional 9* and 8*, or just a 9*, or just an 8*, for both sides or simply for one side. Whatever both captains agree to (bots should be unlocked, it's up to captains to add legal lines or risk a forfeit loss. With great power comes great responsibility.)

If Tuesday looks grim, we can immediately switch to the alternate schedule and borrows, although I'm not sure
            BIET or qan will be around to change the times to Race to 10 minutes, so we might just run them to 15 minutes that one day, since we might have to have a high level mod change the bots from Race to 15 to Race to 10 between Sundays and Tuesdays every week to accomodate the alternate format.

We'll play it by ear and see how it goes. Thanks!
            Last edited by ogron; 11-14-2021, 10:48 PM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGES!!!

Based on the showrates on Sunday, I'm changing the Weekday schedule and rules to get ahead of the curve.

1. I'm splitting the 6 matches on weekdays from two timeslots to three, creating a borrow pool of two additional teams:

2. Shortening the Weekday games:

Sundays remain 3 games of Race to 15 Minutes.

Tuesdays change to 2 games of Race to 10 Minutes. Thursdays change to 2 game of Race to 10 Minutes.

This keeps the time commitment of 1 hour per weekday the same and avoids hurting the TSL schedule.

3. Revamping the borrow rules as follows:

Borrowing rules are different for Sundays and Weekdays.

Sundays

10* -- Never
              9* -- Never

8* -- Never
              7* -- Unlimited
              6* -- Unlimited

Weekdays

10* -- Never
              9* -- Never
              (One Max IF BOTH CAPS AGREE)
              8* -- One Max (Two Max IF BOTH CAPS AGREE)
              7* -- Unlimited
              6* -- Unlimited

On Weekdays, you get unlimited 6* and 7* borrows, and one 8*.

However...

IF BOTH CAPS AGREE, one (or both) teams may borrows two 8*s (instead of one) and/or one 9* (instead of zero) if you're struggling with showrates.

Message me you're going beyond the normal borrow allotment, and I'll confirm it with the other cap.

Bots are unlocked, so you're given a lot of freedom and power in adding lines. You absolutely have the potential to add illegal lines (and forfeit), so please check star levels and make sure you're letting me know if you're borrowing a second 8* or a 9* (or both caps message me if I'm offline).

These rules are here to avoid forfeits. Do not bench 7* or above players for borrows. Play your own players.
              Last edited by ogron; 11-15-2021, 01:45 AM.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
              X