No announcement yet.

2 things ruining twel so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about who ends up in what position. In the end the playoffs will filter out all the trash.
    Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
    1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
    2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
    Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
    Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

What does !disabling do?
      When are playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
        Spiders waiting the excact time to shoot when it doesnt count as spawning anymore ruins it to me. Players like Dr. Dre and Feline.
        That's completely true.

Comment

I think the +/- of the ratings should curve sharply based on ratings both ways to encourage a more of a LADDER type setting. Either make it so you can't duel someone more then 100+/- your rating or make those games worth 0 points. Then you could add a command to the bot that will display the names of people within your rating or even randomly challenge someone in the range.

I think this would make the ladder more accurate AND more fun as people would actually have to climb through the ratings (hence the word ladder). This would weed out the newb farmers especialy when the ratings get to 1500+ and not allow someone to just challenge everyone good. Sure they will lose most the games but that 50 points you get when you win still brings you up even if you lose 10 games at -3 first.

Comment

- About the spiders timing their bullets to not hit the spawn. Please turn on warping, that will solve that. If not then we face having to increase the spawn time which I'm not sure is the best solution.

- Adding a players rating to a challenge is a good idea.

- I have been thinking of imposing some limitation on who can duel who. I won't go with a 'you can only challenge within 100 ranks of yours.' That is too limiting and the # of ranked players really fluxes. However I have considered only allowing challenges within a certain rating spread. Ie: you can only challenge within 150 rating pts of your own.

- And lastly about disable, I agree, people who disable then duel people can really hurt someone if they lose. The above would solve that.
            TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
            TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
            TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

I would put their rating + rank into it. And aside from just adding a player's rating/rank to a challenge, a seperate !rank command would be very helpful as well, just like !lag
              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
                - About the spiders timing their bullets to not hit the spawn. Please turn on warping, that will solve that. If not then we face having to increase the spawn time which I'm not sure is the best solution.

- Adding a players rating to a challenge is a good idea.

- I have been thinking of imposing some limitation on who can duel who. I won't go with a 'you can only challenge within 100 ranks of yours.' That is too limiting and the # of ranked players really fluxes. However I have considered only allowing challenges within a certain rating spread. Ie: you can only challenge within 150 rating pts of your own.
                - And lastly about disable, I agree, people who disable then duel people can really hurt someone if they lose. The above would solve that.
                Oh that's not fair i have a shitty rank and i would like to be able to challenge or get challenged by whoever i want <_< it's not that i actually rank in twel i really don't take it seriously enough to do that and i get bored and lose lots of duels... besides that i would want to be able to challenge anyone... i don't think there should be restrictions on challenges as some persons like me just take twel lightly and only like to enjoy a casual duel and not actually rank...

PS: i haven't noticed yet but i think some of my victories were against persons that would have at the time much more than 150 ranks distance from mine... it happens to anyone who gets bored easely and isn't very regular and never keeps the same gaming skill for a long time...
                Last edited by Arikel; 05-27-2005, 10:09 AM.
                A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                  Oh that's not fair i have a shitty rank and i would like to be able to challenge or get challenged by whoever i want <_< it's not that i actually rank in twel i really don't take it seriously enough to do that and i get bored and lose lots of duels... besides that i would want to be able to challenge anyone... i don't think there should be restrictions on challenges as some persons like me just take twel lightly and only like to enjoy a casual duel and not actually rank...
                  ?go #duel
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius
                    Who cares about who ends up in what position. In the end the playoffs will filter out all the trash.

That might be true in some ways, but what about the people that were better then the trash but didnt make it becuase they didn't play all new people?

It wouldnt be fair if supersaiyankillerdroid42069 makes it to twel-j playoffs becuase he goes 50-0 against people that just discovered TW, and Cape doesn't make playoffs becuase he played all top people.
                    Last edited by Melon; 05-29-2005, 04:09 PM.
                    Indulgence

Comment

ill duel any one with less than 200 ms :> just bring it

Comment

-how funny-

It's really funny when some1 says how sad is when you lose points for some eliteplayer123456789...
                        like sirius said, -Who cares about who ends up in what position. In the end the playoffs will filter out all the trash.-
                        I just lost like 105 points in 3 matches, because some ppl were aliased...
                        -so what- if u think ur good to go playoffs, u should be good to get ur points back.
                        MODERATOR WARNING: You are TOO SEXY for Trench Wars. Do not continue or you will be unf'd to death by many bitches! :) -Mr. 420

Comment

if the only people you play are people worse than you, what's the point of playing?
                          Expunge> I'M EMO!!!!!!!
                          Dark_grim> are you crying and cutting your wrist right now?
                          Expunge> >.> <.<
                          Dark_grim> DIE EXPUNGE
                          Dark_grim> DIE
                          Expunge> lol
                          Dark_grim> die!!! -stabs you-
                          Dark_grim> -STABS HARDER-
                          Expunge> LMAO!

2: Dark_grim> _/\o/ Expunge \o/\_

1:caco <ER>> sorry, sweettitties
                          1:Expunge> LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chao <ER>> I have a crush on left eye and I just host to impress her

Comment

Originally posted by Wil
                            haha i just checked the twel site, im ranked 5th in javs... somehow :greedy:
                            Somehow? We all know how

You only play people fresh from pub. Congrats.
                            -Rasc

Comment

Damnit kid stop hiding behind alias'
                              :whistling

Comment

i love how someone said "people rank on their main name, and ruin other peoples ranks on a 2nd or 3rd name"

i actually love that. cuz those guys that are getting their "rankings ruined" only accept challenges from people who have negative ratio, crappy squad, or retarded names that just look ez. they'll avoid people like me or any other good player just to keep their record or streak alive

its fucking hilarious when they lose to someone they think is a newbie but isnt at all.
                                1:Nimrook> On a scale of 1 to 10.. how old do u think Michael Jackson's boyfriend is?
                                1:Jack Kiefer> 22
                                1:Jack Kiefer> he is innocent, i know from experience. All I did was sleep in his bed and he gives back scratches.

Comment

Working...
                                X