X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STATS -- WEEK 2

Spider

Terr

Last edited by ogron; 04-11-2020, 09:24 AM.
    top 100 basers list

whoa I am 5th place wtf? I have been stuck under getting like no kills *sniff*

Terrs 5 @100
    spids have 1 @100

formula need to be loosened on spiders maybe?

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

if cripple played every basing cup game in earnest i think he'd hit 100 every other game.

saiyan's got 90 to 95 every game, that's pretty close to 100.

so i'm not sure it does, if you exclude the outlier in terr there's only two 100s in terr and one in spider.

only 10 games out of 170 in TWLB semis/finals got a gamescore of 100 (5.8%) in backtesting the formula in terr, and i've got 3 in 8 (38%) in the tourny.

there's just nobody breaking the scale in spider right now. i'm pretty sure cripple or ro, if they played all 8 games, would have several, so not sure it needs to be loosened up, but i'll consider it.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Also, all five of those 100 GameScores in terr are from 3 terrs who account for 7 of the 10 best statistical performances in TWLB semis/finals history:

Whereas Spezza, Ease, Cripple, Megaman89, Stayon, Domi, Shayde, Solace, etc. haven't played in the basing cup.

There's just a much higher percentage of top tier terrs than spiders playing, so I think there's a reasonable expectation to see more from that ship.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Nipple Nibbler backtested the spider formula on all TWLB semis/finals games, and 48 out 840 spiders hit 100 GameScore, which is also 5.8% -- same as terr.

so i think, over a larger sample, 100 GameScore seems pretty similar across both ships.

you can see the 48 games here:

You can see the full list here.

Note that Season 6 is slightly over-represented at the top, due to the fact all games were 30 minutes long due to it being a points race. If a game is 22 minutes, the other 8 minutes are your KPG * 80%, because you don't want someone in a 15-1 win getting KPG credit for an unsustainable pace over a smaller sample size on those 14 theoretical minutes.

That might make the true GameScore slightly less than 5.8%. I'll bump it up to 85% from 80% for Basing Cup for spiders, that should increase scores.
          Last edited by ogron; 04-10-2020, 09:00 AM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Every time I see one of these I think GP plays too big a part. Once everyone has enough games it's fine, but early on it's not that different to just sorting everyone by GP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              Every time I see one of these I think GP plays too big a part. Once everyone has enough games it's fine, but early on it's not that different to just sorting everyone by GP.
              That's simply part of it. Else you can have an one hit wonder. The more games you play, the harder it is to preform a certain level. GP should always have a big part into this.

​​

Comment

Claushouse

Tek count is wrong for undercut, tj hazuki and rough and hulk, you might want to double check tek counts.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                  Claushouse

Tek count is wrong for undercut, tj hazuki and rough and hulk, you might want to double check tek counts.
                  ah yes, i see it now, thanks!

i guess i sometimes move onto adding next boxscore and forget to add teks to spiders. added these missing teks:

game 1 (monsters vs. heroes) Rough 3, tj hazuki 1, rageritual 1
                  game 2 (gods vs. heroes) hulk 1
                  game 7 (heroes vs. gods) JR5 1, hulk 1, tj hazuki 2, undercut 1
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Claushouse Now I have an extra tek somewhere, some of the matches were double posted, might have something to do with it.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Working...
                    X