This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warbirdmaster#1 View Post

We all made it to the playoffs so I don't understand why is there a big fuss about this - about the scoring, games, whose right or wrong.

Don't we all just want to play some high level basing games here!?
    Pretty much this. All these threads were completely unnecessary.

Hopefully server lag doesn't create more issues, but there's been massive C2S ploss issues two nights in a row, so not looking good.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Like or hate Og, nobody else is stepping up to run this.

He's not staff and communication is not exactly the easiest thing, considering. Also, if you haven't been in this position when things go wrong, let me tell you how it goes: you get 15 people PMing you at the same time and more than half are downright hostile, slinging all manner of insults at you, etc. Guess how that feels? Not so good. You have to have skin thicker than the hull of an oil tanker to listen to that and still show up the next day.

Maybe you disagree with the calls or think things should have been handled more professionally. The bottom line is that if you don't like how it's run, you don't have to play in the league. Staff will give forums, bots and hosts to anyone who is willing to run a league of pretty much any kind in the zone, and there's no reason you can't get some friends together, put together a plan and run your own. (We maintain the field, you show up and play.)

We're all just volunteers making do as best we can. The virus and the lag both have everyone at high stress levels. Good time to take a deep breath and think through our next posts or PM spams and imagine the guy on the other end of the internet cable as a human and not words + a spaceship.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Could just ban paul then there's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
          Like or hate Og, nobody else is stepping up to run this.

He's not staff and communication is not exactly the easiest thing, considering. Also, if you haven't been in this position when things go wrong, let me tell you how it goes: you get 15 people PMing you at the same time and more than half are downright hostile, slinging all manner of insults at you, etc. Guess how that feels? Not so good. You have to have skin thicker than the hull of an oil tanker to listen to that and still show up the next day.

Maybe you disagree with the calls or think things should have been handled more professionally. The bottom line is that if you don't like how it's run, you don't have to play in the league. Staff will give forums, bots and hosts to anyone who is willing to run a league of pretty much any kind in the zone, and there's no reason you can't get some friends together, put together a plan and run your own. (We maintain the field, you show up and play.)

We're all just volunteers making do as best we can. The virus and the lag both have everyone at high stress levels. Good time to take a deep breath and think through our next posts or PM spams and imagine the guy on the other end of the internet cable as a human and not words + a spaceship.
          i think the difference here is you're a genuinely nice person trying to help. ogron is known to be a complete asshole to 80% of the zone and actively enjoys shitting on anybody who disagrees with him or anybody he deems "beneath" him.
          Last edited by renzi; 04-16-2020, 03:33 PM.
          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

you're describing the majority of your behavior in this game the last 10 years, except I actually volunteered to run 5 TWDT seasons and didn't quit repeatedly on my teammates or snort adderall before matches you lance armstrong cheating motherfucker.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
              you're describing the majority of your behavior in this game the last 10 years, except I actually volunteered to run 5 TWDT seasons and didn't quit repeatedly on my teammates or snort adderall before matches you lance armstrong cheating motherfucker.
              mmm idk my rapport with overall player pop seems pretty good? also, i wasn't snorting adderall before matches (snorting is a huge waste); i was taking large doses very late every night.
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

anyway, this thread has been derailed, everyone's said their piece, im closing this down.

maybe the dumbest post i've seen in 10 years.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                X