Base draft review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base draft review

After hugely successful summer cup tournament, we got 6 teams with 6 wonderful caps going at it again for 2024 winter/spring title.
    Lets take a look at how draft went and how teams look before season kicks off next weekend:

Thunder - Ease
    Ease had a difficult spot going first. So either go for best spider or terrier or shark? Ease opted to pick serial winner zidane as his right side man, coming from hugely successful TWDT, adding massive spider lineup in brethal, hellkite and skatarius in next rounds with ease being 4th. This ultimately makes this team thin, when it comes to terrier, with tiny and apt being best options around. With Tiny going to struggle with showups in main season, this definitely looks like potential weak spot. Omega red will most probably support zid in shark, with wildcard a2m maybe also making appearances. As several members on this team have already announced not being 100% available, lee, rampage and whynot even beams help may come in handy from bench.
    Potential best lineup:
    Tiny
    zidane
    a2m

ease
    brethal
    hellkite
    skatarius
    apt

dun vs me - Hulk
    Hulk made a bold move and decided to go full on picking only other 10* shark left on table in mythril and adding 10* terrier in round 2. So by the looks of it, outside spiders, this team looks bonkers. Spider lineup is not bad as well with jamal, spartan, rough being over. Perhaps only weakness that can be spotted is in under spiders, but some great options like rabbit!, racka or rasaq will fill the role well. From potential subs, there is draft, also tripin can make an appearance. So really strong team, but also really strong characters on this team. Can hulk keep everyone motivated and showing, even if some games do not go as well as expected?
    Potential best lineup:
    ogron
    hulk
    mythril

jamal
    rough
    spartan
    rasaq
    racka

Resistance - Banks
    Unlike previous 2 captains, banks decided to ignore sharks, but was somewhat lucky to still be able to get commodo in round 4, riverside and potentially also zapata may not be the ideal partner for commodo, but it will have to do. Ekko takes the role in terrier, while from spiders, supporting banks himself, sarger was his r1 pick with stayon, creature and dutch baser also securing spot in lineup. Not sure who Machine of God is, but looking at 8.5 rating, he is probably also good enough? Not sure. Raazi and product can surely also make an appearance or 2 if needed. Overall, it is good looking team, but shark quality seems to be a questionmark. Lets see how many terrier of the week awards will go to Ekko this season!
    Potential best lineup:
    ekko
    commodo
    riverside

banks
    sarger
    stayon
    creature
    dutch baser

Blood - Bombed
    Its Blood in tw, my eyes!!! Or should i say Ram Ranch makes a hidden appearance in cup with zizu, joe, mark, ft and pa all here to play. What definitely works for this team, is awesome teamwork the core members have gained over time. To support ranchers, bombed, vys and hellzno! are definitely great spiders with another set of ranchers waiting to support from bench in lilwade and merc. Apart from my own team, Blood gets my secret crush tag for this tournament.

Potential best lineup:
    zizu
    joeses
    markmrw

bombed
    frozen throne
    vys
    hellzno!
    public assassin

Terrorist - Dreamwin
    Dreamwin is back again and so is terrorist. Hopefully last draft league dissapointment is forgotten and dw has picked very active and strong team to get back into winning ways in base. Mikkiz takes terrier, while cripple, ra and renzi for them backbone of spider lineup. Dw being multitalent can support any line, but with willby being only high rated shark, i can see dw mostly stuck in blue ship for most of season. Tj hazuki and mvp will probably fill the rest of spiderline. DW does have wildcard violence on roster, picked up in round 10. If he is active and shows, this means team can improve even further. So ironically, quite a bit will still depend on showups, but on paper, their best line looks rock solid.

Potential best lineup:
    mikkiz
    willby
    violence

cripple
    ra
    renzi
    dreamwin
    tj hazuki

Justice - Cape
    There always has to be one cap, who just is not on level with others and this time it was cape. Being last pick in 6 team cup draft can be big advantage, but this time, it felt like cape couldnt really use this to maximum extent. Followed by great start and getting key spider and sharks in order with dwopple, mouse and cig smoke, the next picks in tpz, clefairy and henry saari felt really obscure compared to who else were still available at that time. Groan can definitely play well, jackie can also be used in several ships, but overall this team just lacks the total power other teams have. Maybe some decent trades can still make them competitive.

Potential best lineup:
    cape
    dwopple
    cig smoke

mouse
    tpz
    groan
    henry saari
    ​​​​​​​clefairy27

So difficult to pick favorites, id say 5 teams each have fair chance of winning, loads depends on also subs showing up and key players appearing in playoffs. Cape has work to do, but not all is lost, maybe some cap will lose patience with some no-show key players and trades can be made.
    Thunder had best draft
    22.22%
    dun vs me had best draft
    0%
    resistance had best draft
    11.11%
    blood had best draft
    11.11%
    terrorist had best draft
    33.33%
    justice had best draft
    22.22%

Machine of God might be before your time Lee. Can shark/spider but not 8.5 these days.

Comment

MoG has been quite impressive in the handful of wed night MMRB matches I've sharked with him since his return. He'll be a worthy starter or solid trade value.
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
        MoG has been quite impressive in the handful of wed night MMRB matches I've sharked with him since his return. He'll be a worthy starter or solid trade value.
        Are there trades in CUP?
        Best> not gunna lie i thought jackie was a hot chick so i picked her in FA and found out it was a dude

Comment

Originally posted by JacKie> View Post

Are there trades in CUP?

"Trades:

Trades will be allowed this season. Trades must be made before Friday 11:59PM EST of the given week. Trades will be allowed until week 3, February 23rd at 11:59 PM. Trades will be approved or denied by League Ops and League Staff not involved in the trade. Despite having no caps, lopsided trades will not be allowed, please use reason when making trades."
          rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
          rEnZi> its crazy
          rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
          X