Basing Cup Power Rankings Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing Cup Power Rankings Week 3

Here’s my better late than never update on the power rankings. As predicted, the number 1 and number 6 teams remain the same amidst some shake up in the middle of the pack.

As a reminder: This is not simply a standings based on record. Criteria involved with evaluating the rankings will include but not be limited to prior results, lineups within those results, anticipated lineups, and expected final standings.

Week 3 Power Rankings
    1. Terrorist
    2. Dun vs me +1
    3. Resistance -1
    4. Thunder +1
    5. Justice -1
    6. Blood

Terrorist
    Dreamwin and his companions continued their dominance against the only other team that was 2-0 going into week 2. They didn’t leave any room for hope against a Justice team that is still working out some kinks to say the least. Week 3 will be a more valuable measuring stick for Terrorist (if all lineups are fully loaded) as they go up against the current #2 that is stronger than 2 weeks ago and the current #3.

Dun vs me
    Wiping of some dust in week 2, they showed a little bit of what they can do with a full lineup and some time to create some chemistry. I expect a much different rematch against Terrorist that will be contested until the end, definitely the match of the week.

Resistance
    Hard to make any huge changes with the analysis compared to last week. They only played one game and did not have their full lineup. They did better than what they should have versus a full Thunder lineup so that’s part of why they remain ahead of them in the rankings. They will need a full lineup versus a strong Terrorist lineup for week 3 if they want to have any hope of passing the 5min mark but regardless, a win versus a scrambling Justice will be helpful for their long term playoff hopes.

Thunder
    They kept their strategy the same in game 1 of week 2 versus dun vs me with Tiny in terr. He again was made waste against a seasoned terr with Ogron dropping 4 TEKs on him after Mikkiz dropping 6 the week before. After making the inevitable switch to apt in terr (which still should make your stomach churn some), they were able to show a little more of what they were capable of. They still have a huge upside if they continue to make strides with their plethora of veterans but also have a lower floor with the x-factor in what apt brings to the terr situation. If they can squeak out a win this week against Justice and Blood, their chances of entering the playoffs will be looking much better.

Justice
    Well I guess you should never underestimate the ability of Mouse to cause a team to implode. Even a much more tempered Mouse from what I could see while watching the video, TPZ still folded. The bigger hit to this team than Mouse, was the fact that TPZ went from 8 TEK’s in week 1 to bailing on his team before it ended in week 2. No matter what “abuse” you are taking, bailing on your team is a reflection of your character. Watching the play that TPZ fumbled on, it left spartan wide open to make a huge play killing the rest of the team and getting the TEK. This team still has a lot of potential if they can get it together. I believe a lot of their success will hinge on starting the game ahead or even so that Mouse remains calm and so that they don’t make too many on the fly adjustments in their lineup such as putting Jackie in spider.

Blood
    Not much to say here, very unfortunate that they weren’t able to field a full lineup. Even if they did, their chances of pulling off a win in week 2 was still slim. Hopefully they will be able to produce a full lineup in week 3 and continue to fight for the remainder of the season.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Awesome write up MVP! Race for playoffs starts this week! Everyone on high alert.
    absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

thanks for the content, appreciated
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
        Justice
        Well I guess you should never underestimate the ability of Mouse to cause a team to implode. Even a much more tempered Mouse from what I could see while watching the video, TPZ still folded. The bigger hit to this team than Mouse, was the fact that TPZ went from 8 TEK’s in week 1 to bailing on his team before it ended in week 2. No matter what “abuse” you are taking, bailing on your team is a reflection of your character. Watching the play that TPZ fumbled on, it left spartan wide open to make a huge play killing the rest of the team and getting the TEK. [...]
        xcuse me but fuk off

1. Play was not a fumble on my part. I made the correct play and executed it correctly. Other players fumbled, including mouse.

We're blessed with a recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk080u2YHg0&t=848s

Fumbles:
        - Henry shouldn't have died
        - Mouse shot a wall then typed and was slow to attach
        - Henry shot a wall
        - siaxis went left instead of defending jackie with cig
        - jackie had poor positioning and wasted a burst
        - dwopple rammed

Me:
        - killed Rough
        - had a chance of a tek pincer with Cape
        - killed hulk
        - used some of spartan's nrg (if dwop hadn't rammed I would have had enough nrg to finish hulk and then fight spartan)

Note that spartan wasn't a threat to jackie after mouse died, only after henry died. So there was plenty of time to do other shit while spartan wasted his time and then still kill him.

2. The reflection of my character is "I don't have to take shit from little bitches on the internet", it's true, I don't tolerate shit people irl either.
        Last edited by Rab; 02-27-2024, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post

xcuse me but fuk off

1. Play was not a fumble on my part. I made the correct play and executed it correctly. Other players fumbled, including mouse.

We're blessed with a recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk080u2YHg0&t=848s

Fumbles:
          - Henry shouldn't have died
          - Mouse shot a wall then typed and was slow to attach
          - Henry shot a wall
          - siaxis went left instead of defending jackie
          - jackie had poor positioning and wasted a burst
          - dwopple rammed

Me:
          - killed Rough
          - had a chance of a tek pincer with Cape
          - killed hulk
          - used some of sprack's nrg (if dwop hadn't rammed I would have had enough nrg to finish hulk and then fight sprack)

2. The reflection of my character is "I don't have to take shit from little bitches on the internet", it's true, I don't tolerate shit people irl either.
          1. You're telling us you willingly focused a shark w/ full reps instead of helping mouse clear behind you? OK, then. No, that is not the "correct" play. Hulk would have continued under and used his reps on our side where he had no support spids, or fallen back to protect terr.

"dwopple rammed" - you mean the bomb hulk threw after you wasted all of your energy on his 3 reps instead of clearing behind us? smart.

"had a chance of a tek pincer with Cape" - can you count? your "chance" was wasted on a 3 rep shark aka you never had a chance, you never had your spaceship! (poor quote attempt at Fast & Furious)

I disagree with your analysis and reasoning of this play.
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

well, you can disagree, but you're wrong
            imo it just shows you don't have good awareness of everything that's going on, timings and nrg of everyone.
            there are many choices made in real time, many ways spartan should have died without me having to shoot him, many good things I could do instead given that knowledge.

mouse didn't need help, he shot a wall like a newbie.

you don't want hulk getting through behind you, that actually is a threat (unlike a low spartan).

bomb or mine doesn't make a diff, probably saw more hits on my screen at the time.

yes the tek was a possibility twice, there was a chance of doa-ing hulk either by me or cape (which didn't happen but look how close it was), then after siaxis committed left mythril died quickly so with hulk dead quickly there's a shark gap, getting through for the tek seems on until the bomb damage (in which case spartan wastes more nrg on me and henry gets that kill too).

Comment

well, you can disagree, but you're wrong
              imo it just shows you don't have good awareness of everything that's going on, timings and nrg of everyone.
              there are many choices made in real time, many ways spartan should have died without me having to shoot him, many good things I could do instead given that knowledge.

mouse didn't need help, he shot a wall like a newbie.

you don't want hulk getting through behind you, that actually is a threat (unlike a low spartan).

bomb or mine doesn't make a diff, probably saw more hits on my screen at the time.

yes the tek was a possibility twice, there was a chance of doa-ing hulk either by me or cape (which didn't happen but look how close it was), then after siaxis committed left mythril died quickly so with hulk dead quickly there's a shark gap, getting through for the tek seems on until the bomb damage (in which case spartan wastes more nrg on me and henry gets that kill too).
              Yes, I'm telling you you made poor real-time choices:
              1. Choosing to hold control vs a 3 rep shark
              2. Choosing not to assist with clearing behind you
              3. Thinking you had a chance at a TeK when a 10* shark with 3 reps is between you and their terr
              Hulk baited the fuck out of you to waste your energy on him as a distraction until he had enough energy to bomb us. Competent sharks do this all of the time. Your energy would have been better utilized clearing behind us, THEN focusing on hulk. If hulk makes it through, he has zero spids to rep for. Sure, he could have laid mines on our side but his reps wouldn't be used on protecting his spids and creating a much greater shark gap (especially seeing Mythril doa toward the end of this play). However, had you assisted with clearing our side it would've at least been you, mouse, or both taking care of hulk after Spartan.

You believing you made the right choice to go against a 10* shark with full reps speaks volumes about your decision making and basing intellect. You took hulk's bait and made a poor decision on this one, then rage quit when mouse called you out for it lol.
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              WillBy> ^^

Comment

If that's your assessment of the situation you're just not as a good a player as your rating suggests. Lower rating for dwop next season imo.

Comment

If that's your assessment of the situation you're just not as a good a player as your rating suggests. Lower rating for dwop next season imo.
                  Finally something we can agree on
                  zidane> big play
                  Omega Red> dwop sick
                  WillBy> ^^

Comment

I watched the play in question, you are correct that Mouse missed and hit a wall in a duel he could have won, but Dwopple is right, you should have turned and shot the second you saw Mouse die and went to clear Spartan. Siaxis could have also detached and turned back to clear him instead of missing 6 shots in a row on JAMAL. Overall it was 3 compounded bad plays by spiders which caused the opportunity for Spartan to get a TeK.
                    absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Ekko:
                      - You're over-valuing Spartan because you know the impact he had. That spid in that situation is having no impact 99% of the time as he's dead 4 different ways.
                      - Probably also under-valuing the need for a tek, in that game we lose fr battles, need cram time. For argument's sake, if I do what you suggest, we lose anyway.

Comment

Ekko:
                        - You're over-valuing Spartan because you know the impact he had. That spid in that situation is having no impact 99% of the time as he's dead 4 different ways.
                        - Probably also under-valuing the need for a tek, in that game we lose fr battles, need cram time. For argument's sake, if I do what you suggest, we lose anyway.
                        FWIW, I think you're undervaluing the impact your choice had on the outcome of this specific play. Mouse had a chance to kill Spartan, but it's pretty close to a 50/50 chance given the circumstances which he lost when 1 of his bullets hit the wall. Siaxis was pre-occupied dueling JAMAL & anticipating the rest of the enemy team attaching to ogron.

You had two choices, which both perspectives have already been analyzed enough in this thread.

Had you turned your focus to Spartan that '99%' would have been realized. Alas, you unwaveringly believe having your forehead glued to the monitor vs hulk's 3 reps was the "correct play and executed it correctly" was the leading factor in the 1% being realized.

You chose poorly here, in my opinion. Sorry bud.
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        WillBy> ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                          Had you turned your focus to Spartan that '99%' would have been realized. Alas, you unwaveringly believe having your forehead glued to the monitor vs hulk's 3 reps was the "correct play and executed it correctly" was the leading factor in the 1% being realized.
                          That's only true if you ignore the rest of the team. The team does exist, so that doesn't mean anything.

Comment

What makes this video so bad is 1) Rab focused on a shark at an under position who had no impact on the play 2) Spartan was literally inches from him and still decided to ignore him to kill a repless shark 3) forced himself out of a contending 3-3 team to a 0-6 team loool..
                            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
                            1:Zidane> congrats man
                            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
                            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
                            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

I hate to keep defending TPZ but its not a terrible play. It's the aggressive move to keep going forward and put it on your teammates to handle the threat, we were already down 7 mins. Hen just fkn missed.

Actually upon watching it again, I would have cleared before trying to move forward in under. You guys are right

Comment

Working...
                              X