Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base draft review

Overview

Generally this is an evenly distributed draft and caps have done a good job (mostly). There was commentary about hoarding terrs and sharks during the draft but all terr and shark slots are adequately filled. All teams are good but there are strengths and weaknesses which I will try to point out for the sake of entertainment. There is variety in bench depth, showrate issues or a weak sub in this league may be an auto-loss.

—-------------

Dreamwin (Terrorist)

Terr: Zizu (showrate to be determined)
    Sharks: zidane, Cig smoke
    Spiders (over): Dreamwin, cripple, Banks
    Spiders (under): Groan, Unlimited

Subs: tj hazuki, Tripin, Mercedes

Absolutely disgusting over spiders, although this can be said for most other teams so it’s a basic requirement in this league. I like that this team has under spiders who are usually under spiders in TWDT. That experience might give them the edge over other spiders who are out of their comfort zone. For that reason I have benched tj hazuki and Tripin, which I feel bad for (and it’s also just funny), and I’m interested to see if Dreamwin does that. I also note Zizu’s tendency to sit further from the action than other terrs which might take some power out of this team’s punch. This is a team with one elite shark and one strong shark, which is a common theme in this draft. The bench is decent but it’s spiders only. The potential no-show is Zizu, in which case Dreamwin can terr and tj hazuki gets to play, that’s not terrible.

Grade: B+

—-------------

Ogron (Slytherin)

Terr: Ogron (can play reg season, 80% can show semis, 50% finals)
    Sharks: hulk, omega red
    Spiders (over): Brethal, hellkite, Lockdown (may not be around for playoffs)
    Spiders (under): HellzNo!, RUCCI

Subs: Dare, Clefairy27 (bellflowers), Terminator 17.5

The obligatory disgusting over-spiders again. This time under-spiders seem out of their usual position, so perhaps there’s a chat getting spammed “UNDER!” in your future. I considered a variation of this with hulk and hellkite sharking, but I’m not confident enough in someone else taking hellkite’s spot. That same issue applies to the bench, they aren’t bad, but not strong enough for this league, and there’s no ability to cope with no-shows. Lockdown and Ogron had showrate notes, which I expect to be bullshit and they show 100%, if they don’t show they lose.

Grade: B-

—-------------

Ease (Thunder)

Terr: Ekko
    Sharks: Mythril, JAMAL
    Spiders (over): Ease, absurd, TPZ
    Spiders (under): Rough, hypocrit (mean gene)

Subs: Tiny, Jackie, Siaxis

Oof it’s JAMAL and Rough, strong ignore.txt gamers. Thankfully what they lack in visible chat messages they make up for in basing ability. Another very strong over-spider line. Rough under is a great asset, perhaps he’ll be able to solo it with a flex as needed. That might be huge to give this team an advantage over the disgusting over-spider lines everyone seems to have, deciding how to allocate spiders is going to be key for all teams. Mythril and JAMAL are the strongest shark pair of all teams. Ekko has proven to be able to terr with the best of them. The weakness of this team is the bench, so let's hope everyone shows up.

Grade: A-

—-------------

Commodo (Unleash)

Terr: Mikkiz
    Sharks: Commodo, GenX
    Spiders (over): Stayon, Renzi (showrate: no promises), Ra
    Spiders (under): Lee, Racka

Subs: Wbm, Henry Saari, Raazi, Spectacular

First-picking a terr is a classic basing draft blunder made time and time again by nerds who don’t learn. I feel like Stayon isn’t as good as other spiders who were available at the time, e.g. absurd. And picking Renzi when you could pick Lockdown, Banks, or Jurassic is a pointless risk. Why pick GenX when you could pick Cig instead? Most of the spiders picked are questionable picks at all, never mind for the round they were picked in. Henry Saari is a reasonable TWDT value pick but King Lobstir has no place in this basing cup. Renzi said no promises for his showrate, presumably because he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to refrain from getting netbanned again. Despite all these flaws, it’s not a terrible team, but Renzi must show and they must bring their A-game to every match.

Grade (team potential): C
    Grade (Commodo’s draft): F

—-------------

Sarger (Culled)

Terr: Draft
    Sharks: WillBy, Turban
    Spiders (over): Sarger, Mouse, Jurassic
    Spiders (under): Public Assassin, Dutch Baser

Subs: violence, Product, Zapata, Vagabond (Hurricane)

Tbh I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with this team, I got a bit confused by picking Draft in round 5. Draft is fairly unknown to me, but it seems he’s a strong terr. I’ve had turban in all ships while trying to figure out the best line. It doesn’t matter what I do because all of the lineups are disgusting. The subs are genuinely usable too. It’s really hard to see how it’s possible to draft a better team. Sarger hit this one out of the park. The downside is some good people are going to be benched. This might be the only team using subs on purpose to give them some playtime.

Grade: A+

—-------------

Dwopple (Orcas)

Terr: Spartan
    Sharks: Dwopple, Markmrw
    Spiders (over): Bombed, Frozen Throne, Vys
    Spiders (under): Cynical (Jack), Afghan (mvp)

Subs: beam, temujin (playoffs only)

Oh dear. I don’t know why this team needs three sharks and beam. Maybe because there’s a 50% chance Markmrw can’t walk in a straight line. Spiders are good but not so much when compared to other teams. Recently, beam has been losing everything on purpose so he’s Cyclone-tier now. I don’t know why you’d pick temujin when he said “playoffs only”, because you aren’t making playoffs. Hype…

Grade: C-

—-------------

Congratulations to Dreamwin (Terrorist), Ogron (Slytherin), Ease (Thunder), and Sarger (Culled) for making playoffs.
    Dreamwin (Terrorist) wins
    12.50%
    Ogron (Slytherin) wins
    0%
    Ease (Thunder) wins
    25.00%
    Commodo (Unleash) wins
    25.00%
    Sarger (Culled) wins
    37.50%
    Dwopple (Orcas) wins
    0%

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR ANALYSIS rabble rabble rabble. Week 1 basing had some surprises especially with absences due to vacation, but our matches were quite competitive and close.

Thank you for the write up, Rab! See you on the p1tch
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      Overview

—-------------

Commodo (Unleash)

First-picking a terr is a classic basing draft blunder made time and time again by nerds who don’t learn. I feel like Stayon isn’t as good as other spiders who were available at the time, e.g. absurd. And picking Renzi when you could pick Lockdown, Banks, or Jurassic is a pointless risk. Why pick GenX when you could pick Cig instead? Most of the spiders picked are questionable picks at all, never mind for the round they were picked in. Henry Saari is a reasonable TWDT value pick but King Lobstir has no place in this basing cup. Renzi said no promises for his showrate, presumably because he doesn’t know if he’ll be able to refrain from getting netbanned again. Despite all these flaws, it’s not a terrible team, but Renzi must show and they must bring their A-game to every match.

—-------------
      First off, thanks for doing the write up even if respectfully I disagree with ours. On paper we may not look that great but an C/F? That's a little harsh.

Picking a terr first can be a bad thing, but it's mikkiz, nothing wrong with that.

Renzi's personality aside, he is a better spider than lockdown and banks, and he can have some nasty little pushes when he wants to. If spezza was available instead of stayon, I dunno how you don't take spezza when you need a spider, but I mean, it's working even henry has a bunch of teks this season.

I would like to think I am better than cig smoke, if not than by all means swap our DT ratings, I will gladly take a rating nerf! Regardless, comm is very easy to shark with, and while I may not be a "good" shark, for this cup I think I am good enough.

You don't need every player to be perfect, you just need people to show up and know what they should be doing to get the job done. We also seem to have something on the team that's very underappreciated, we don't have people being like mouse or ogron gaslighting the entire team.
      Last edited by RageRitual; 07-29-2023, 12:33 AM.
      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
      rEnZi> its crazy
      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

I thought about that when I saw your team doing well in the standings, so I looked at the games and all 3 wins were gifts, the team isn't as strong as the score suggests.

Comment

Congratulations to Terrorist for winning the basing final vs Thunder.

Comment

Looks like you got it a little wrong there lol a day after games ended? Anyway, I look forward to Cuban papi dropping 200 on my noggin.
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

LOL!
              rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
              rEnZi> its crazy
              rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Commodo (Unleash)

I looked at the games and all 3 wins were gifts, the team isn't as strong as the score suggests.
                1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Working...
                X