Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW Cup has its winners, hurrah! hurrah! hurrah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Cup has its winners, hurrah! hurrah! hurrah!

On 13th of August 1910, world witnessed an odd occurance. 2 baseball teams "Pittsburg Pirates" and "Brooklyn Superbas" managed to play a perfect summetry game, ending with 8-8, while both team making 8 runs, 13 hits, 2 errors, 12 assists, 5 strikeouts, 3 walks etc.
    On 13th of August 2023, 2 TW Cup teams managed to do something quite unusal, as best of 3 series were actually decided with 4 games, as game 3rd in jav ended in a tie. But here is how all the action took place:

WB finals
    Pre-game favorites Nasty started with their regular lineup of racka, bombed, cripple, jamal and dreamwin. They were against serial wb-competiton winner mythril, backed by siaxis, bike, raazi and tiny. As it happens more often then not, Filthy took control of game 1 pretty fast. Racka never got his game going, jamal had a stinker and once racka was out around 10 minute mark, nasty soon collapsed losing first game by 11 kills. Myth got MVP and Filthy were looking strong.
    But fear not, for game 2, Nasty came out looking like a totally different team. Although Racka took ages to get a kill, team was aggressive, myth was contained and Filthy looked broken. After quick 11 minute game, Nasty had come on top by whopping 14 kills and game was back on. Both cripple and dw had great games, latter also scoring mvp with last kill.
    Game 3, as always, was very tight. Both teams had their chances, game was more passive and players more cautious, but Filthy in the end just managed their deaths better, stayed alive and although Racka was finally warmed up, he was left a broken man and 7 kill win for Filthy and trophy were reality. MVP went to Siaxis, who managed to keep his cool despite having lag issues.
    Another trophy for Myth, well deserved win in the end and hey, what makes me proud is that i actually was in team that managed to beat this lineup in semis

Jav finals
    Everyone was hyped up after tight wb finals, but noone expected see what we were soon about to witness. As temujin was missing, Terrorist were forced to look at bench and lined up with dreamwin, hypocrit, mythril, ra and rough. Thunder was definitely in better shape, having their entire team able to play with ease, jurassic, draft, zidane and dwopple in starting lineup.
    Thunder took control immediately and although score only saw +9 in the end, they pretty much dominated everything and besides some weird relapses should have won game 1 sooner and with larger margin. Draft had great game MVPing with 14-6.
    Same lineups went to play in game 2. Far more equal this time, Terrorist just managed to stay alive (myth was on 7 deaths early on, but kept himself in game for a long time) and dreamwin started to show clutch moves delivering 3 KOs in late phase of game, tieing the score 1-1.
    Game 3 definitely goes into history. Similar to game 2, it had teams gaining and losing momentum over and over again. Until at 49-49 zidane and dreamwin were left for a duel. For at least 10 minutes we saw those 2 veterans trying not to die, with dw being more aggro, but also eating at some moments. But timer passed, extra 5 minutes also passed and game 4 was reality. Zidane was definitely waiting it out, and game 4 proved his strategy to be correct.
    Terrorist had been close, but not close enough, Last game was dominated by Thunder, they gave Terrorist no chance and in the end took comfortable 13 margin win. Dw did his absolute best scoring amazing 16 kills also in last game, but his efforts were in vain as rest of team dissapointed. I truly felt sorry for dw, but his miserable Sunday was not over yet. Enter base finals.

Base finals
    Dreamwin was only player to have a chance at 3 trophies and now it was his last chance. He had all the players he needed with zizu as terr, zidane and cig smoke in shark with awesome spiders cripple, tj hazuki, banks, dreamwin and unlimited going for domination. They were facing the most demonized and "lucky" team Unleash, lead by commodo and genx in shark, mikkiz in terrier and spider lineup of stayon, ra, renzi, racka and henry saari. Terrorist was considered a favorite, but reality was different. Unleash pulled probably their best game of season in round 1, controlling the flagroom comfortably. They managed to kill mikkiz only once, were outperformed by sharks and spiders as well. In the end Unleash scored a comfortable 6 minute win.
    Second game was much better from terrorist. They were excellent at times holding cram and doing it far better compared to Unleash, but in flagroom, they just could not do take control of flag and lost alot of time. Cig Smoke flag issues did not help as well, causing him to lag out several times. Despite zizu pulling some crazy moves in the end staying alive and threatening mikkiz, Unleash took also game 2 and trophy with it with 45 seconds to spare.

So as a conclusion, i think this cup format was only way to do summer league: short, separate leagues, no cap on players. Hopefully we can have another one during some off-season timeslot.
    Many thanx to hosts and everyone contributing either as players or staffers.

Thanks for all the write ups this season, Lee, they were good reads!
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Finals were all great matches, gg all.

Comment

zidane> 30m bet on genx not winning this cup

suck a bag of dicks zidane

MHz is a better shark partner.
        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
        rEnZi> its crazy
        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

you got hard carried by your spids and you were too scared to accept that bet. LOL

easy to talk shit after, what a gigantic loser

Comment

Beef
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

there wasn’t a single game where I wasn’t pming genx with some kind of “wtf are you doing” or comm telling gen to stfu and stop missing reps. Every second playing with genx was pure AIDS and we were only saved by the grace of comm’s godly skillz
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

mhz carried me when zidane couldn't. mhz better shark than zidane confirmed.

I said at the start of the season, I ain't a good shark, but I am good enough to get the job done.

Also, my shrap on zizu, ended the second game.

Zidane just losing in base to underdogs in every league. Maybe time to stop blaming everyone else.
                rEnZi> its crazy
                rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

i think you're confusing two separate things. our whole DT team flamed you because you were insanely annoying and were on stream during the playoff game. it's sort of like getting in a car accident and being on the phone, being on the phone is usually fine but if you get in an accident people will ask you why you were on the phone.never claimed you were a bad player, or i wouldn't have picked you multiple times.

also couldn't care less if you think mhz is better. bottom line is you're an 8* annoying 1 league irrelevant player who no one willingly plays with as evidenced by the fact you can't even find a team in TWLB. enjoy your pub league cup and keep on trying to desperately prove yourself to me, you give off classic little brother vibes.
                  Last edited by zidane; 08-22-2023, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You talk shit
                    You lost with a stacked ass line vs a team nobody thought would even make playoffs.
                    Now you claim the win does not matter.
                    If the win does not matter why act like a bitch when you lose? In fact why even play at all? It only matters if YOU win? Nerd.
                    Quit trying to make people miserable in a video game because your life sucks. It's a video GAME.

Also I wasn't too scared to make the bet, I just don't have that many pub bucks lying around because I rarely play the game. But you keep playing it 24/7, you do you.

I did say we would win it in 2.
                    Last edited by RageRitual; 08-22-2023, 09:53 PM.
                    rEnZi> its crazy
                    rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

i just read that in your voice and almost had an aneurysm. nerdiest individual to play this game hands down, imagine talking about real life when you sound like you sniff glue and work minimum wage.

we're all really proud you managed to beat dreamwin in shark too, please sign my keyboard as soon as your victory parade is over.

Comment

Gen types shit like “BOOM” “WAHOO” “2 EZ! TAKE THAT!” without a single shred of irony, then misses reps cause of it. Truly one of the players of our time

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                          Beef
                          B🥩🥩F
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                            Gen types shit like “BOOM” “WAHOO” “2 EZ! TAKE THAT!” without a single shred of irony, then misses reps cause of it. Truly one of the players of our time
                            Misses reps? I'm always top 3 in RPD are you done? I may have some shit reps sometimes but I get my reps off son. Imagine shit talking your teammate you just won with, that is real classy.
                            rEnZi> its crazy
                            rEnZi> thats real power

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

Misses reps? I'm always top 3 in RPD are you done? I may have some shit reps sometimes but I get my reps off son. Imagine shit talking your teammate you just won with, that is real classy.
                              “You just won for”* fixed it for you lol

Comment

Working...
                              X