week 5 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royst View Post
    Well as far as I know, TWL doesn't have +/- anymore. They took that out when every squad faced each other, and is only used if three teams had the same record, but were all 1-1 between the three.

You can call me biased or whatever, and you do have a point that +/- might not be a good idea in twdt considering the different opponents each team faces, but in this situation, if we looked at head to head (which TWL has done the past two seasons and has been a good solution) Spiral would still have the upper hand in that, having beaten luck in Javelin and Basing. So it really wouldn't be neccessary to have a 'match-off' of sorts as you've already had your chances to beat Spiral twice..Unless of course you believe those games didn't mean anything either. And even if you could argue there was no Warbird match there, even if spiral lost it would still be 2-1 throughout the leagues.

Regardless, we should find a middle ground on how to figure out these tiebreaks, if not for this season but upcoming seasons, instead of just ranting on to the guys running the league.

I would assume with the three possible scenarios I think they should go in order of Head to Head, +/-, then a match to decide who should advance.

i dont because head to head, its pure happenstance of scheduling that we even played spiral that much... and im sure if we played spiral week 4 instead of another week when we had all our basers, and lets say we played spiral week 2 or week 4 in wb instead of jav, then luck would be 2-0 because spiral cannot beat us in wb

so its pure luck on their part that they had the schedule they did, and had games vs us on weeks where we didn't have our good players show up because we had work or something like that

i really do believe in this league that since everyone does not play everyone and every league is purely based on schedule for how well you do, that there should be a tiebreaker MATCH not a +/- or head to head

+/- doesn't work when you dont play every team and an easy schedule decides the outcome

head to head is a joke when they didnt play us in all 3 leagues, and also based on whose players show up that specific week, mainly because you guys did not allow for flexible scheduling which made it really hard for players like me to show up, meaning i only showed up 2 out of the 4 weeks because you guys couldn't move matched up or down an hour, which is stupid to me

have a match and settle it there, if spiral wins then everyones happy if luck wins then we win no complaints either side, and the league ops aren't yelled at either

we are both 5-7 let us have a tiebreaker match.... look at it this way, if 2 of their 5 games are to us, then they are really 3-7 and if they played some of the matches WE had to play, they would be last place anyway
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

agreed that the +/- probably isnt the best way to decide a tiebreaker if you havent played everyone.

the head to head matchup is a fair way to decide a tiebreaker.

the 'our best players werent there' is an extremely weak argument. everyone faces this and it shouldnt be taken into consideration at all.

so even if you guys were to have a head to head match, and lets say luck showed their top line while spiral couldnt and luck won, you would obviously be understanding about spiral and would allow a replay, correct?

just to be on the safe side, everyone played with the same time limitations and everyone should follow them, if you couldnt be there that day, tough titties; others were in the same boat

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

There should be a tie breaker and the biggest difference between this and twl was at least in twl you can choose what times your squad plays. It just seemed not everyone got a say in the time that they play or what twdt to do first. It would have been nice to see a poll. Either way since there was no rule clearly stated before hand the least that can be done is a tie breaking match
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
          There should be a tie breaker and the biggest difference between this and twl was at least in twl you can choose what times your squad plays. It just seemed not everyone got a say in the time that they play or what twdt to do first. It would have been nice to see a poll. Either way since there was no rule clearly stated before hand the least that can be done is a tie breaking match
          look at it this way. If they did play a tie breaker match it wouldn't be fair to spiral, who have beaten them 2x to go through, where luck would then be 0-3 vs. them. If you've already lost TWO head to head matches, I don't see how winning ONE would negate those two matches and let you in. Really, you made a good point about the +/-, but the excuses agaisnt head to head are pretty weak. Statistically, since you've lost to them 2x, winning would be considered an upset, and then a lower team would be making it in on a lucky win... less fair than the current situation.
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

The 'best players didn't show' excuse, as zeebu says is rather weak. And in terms of scheduling, it's been well advertised that each week it would be 2/3/4pm for each league.

Each and every squad has had difficulty showing some games, it's just what happens. The onus is on the squadcaptain to make sure that they draft well and draft people who they can be assured they'll make it. The problem with the draft league is that it's more difficult to have showings as some people do not take the draft leagues as serious as TWL. So it's on the captain who drafted and signs free agents to make sure they have a solid 30 players who can come every sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
              look at it this way. If they did play a tie breaker match it wouldn't be fair to spiral, who have beaten them 2x to go through, where luck would then be 0-3 vs. them. If you've already lost TWO head to head matches, I don't see how winning ONE would negate those two matches and let you in. Really, you made a good point about the +/-, but the excuses agaisnt head to head are pretty weak. Statistically, since you've lost to them 2x, winning would be considered an upset, and then a lower team would be making it in on a lucky win... less fair than the current situation.
              because, if we would have played a wb game and another game, lets say base, instead of base and jav, we would have gone 1-1... its the scheduling that made it shitty like this

i still think we shoudl play a tiebreaker match

we are both 5-7, its simple as that... let us play a tiebreaker match, they can even choose what it is if they dont want wb fine, let them choose another match... let that decide it
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

1) the tie would be broken via head-to-head. spiral defeated luck twice, thus spiral would move on.

You already got your chance, twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                  1) the tie would be broken via head-to-head. spiral defeated luck twice, thus spiral would move on.

You already got your chance, twice.
                  your completely ignoring everything i said

if they wouldve played us in wb, they wouldve lost, and it would be 1-1, simple

on top of that, if we had our actually basing lineup like week 4 where we dominated everyone we would be 15-0, simple

they got a lucky schedule, and because of that i think they should play a wildcard

i mean ph look at it this way, in NFL the bad squads the year before get an easy schedule the next season, and the good squads have a hard season... well they still have a wildcard playoff they dont do "well this team beat this team in the regular season so they advance" no they do a wildcard playoff game

do it here, its only right
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    i mean ph look at it this way, in NFL the bad squads the year before get an easy schedule the next season, and the good squads have a hard season... well they still have a wildcard playoff they dont do "well this team beat this team in the regular season so they advance" no they do a wildcard playoff game
                    this actually made sense
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Look, the rule is sensible and it makes sense that we should be eliminated in this way.

But our argument is that we weren't informed of this finalised rule until after it was too late to do anything about it. We were feeling pretty good after our first base game in week 4, and unfortunately things did go wrong for us in javs. But because there was no clear definition of the elimination rule we interpreted it that we could still go through if we won our remaining 2 games, which we fought very hard to win and were really pleased that we managed to after having such a bad start to the tournament. So you can imagine how pissed off we are after thinking we've got through, only to find out a day or so later that the rule has now been finalised and oh, we're not through.

My point basically is this: It is your responsibility as the rulemakers to ensure that the rules are clearly defined before matches, especially ones as important as those in week 4, take place. Yes it is possible that the rule can be figured out due to there being +/- stats, but its equally possible that people can interpret it another way, as we had done.

Its for these reasons that I don't think its fair that Luck (or Spiral, if it had gone the other way) should be elimated in this manner as we were unclear on the rules going into the competition. As far as I can see there are only three solutions which would even come close to fair: Firstly, we play a tie-breaker match in a division of Spiral's choice; Secondly, we play a tie-breaker match in each division; or thirdly, both Luck and Spiral are allowed to continue in the tournament until the next elimination stage - if my calculations are correct (admittedly, they're probably not), both teams could still be competitive enough to make it through again at the next elimination stage if we win pretty much all our games.

At the end of the day, I don't think we should be punished for your mistake in not making the rules clear enough.
                      Ash Forums

Comment

For the record: twl is broken first in head to head, then +/-

This wouldnt work in TWDT because you didnt necessarily play the other team
                        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                          For the record: twl is broken first in head to head, then +/-

This wouldnt work in TWDT because you didnt necessarily play the other team
                          You know what I've learned to love about you? You have a great ability to demoralize other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Royst View Post
                            Well as far as I know, TWL doesn't have +/- anymore. They took that out when every squad faced each other, and is only used if three teams had the same record, but were all 1-1 between the three.

You can call me biased or whatever, and you do have a point that +/- might not be a good idea in twdt considering the different opponents each team faces, but in this situation, if we looked at head to head (which TWL has done the past two seasons and has been a good solution) Spiral would still have the upper hand in that, having beaten luck in Javelin and Basing. So it really wouldn't be neccessary to have a 'match-off' of sorts as you've already had your chances to beat Spiral twice..Unless of course you believe those games didn't mean anything either. And even if you could argue there was no Warbird match there, even if spiral lost it would still be 2-1 throughout the leagues.

Regardless, we should find a middle ground on how to figure out these tiebreaks, if not for this season but upcoming seasons, instead of just ranting on to the guys running the league.

I would assume with the three possible scenarios I think they should go in order of Head to Head, +/-, then a match to decide who should advance.
                            we are NOT talking about TWL here. fyi. We are talking about TWDT.
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                              we are NOT talking about TWL here. fyi. We are talking about TWDT.
                              Where it is captains duty to pick team which advances to 2nd round. You picked bad team, and made bad choices with your trades and such, and now you face the consequenses.

And if this isnt TWL, this definetly isnt NFL.

Comment

This is a whole bunch of sissy whining from a bunch of people who apparently didn't try because no one told them they had to.. or something.

What exalt is saying, is so much bullshit, the sewer system on his entire block got fucked up. If we (mushroom gladiators) would have had EVERYONE showing each weak, we would be first with a perfect fucking record (probably not, but using Exalts logic, we would be). So I think we deserve to play everyone again at a timeslot which allows everyone off our roster to make, it doesnt really matter if the opposing team can, as long as our roster makes it, it is fair. So, really ph, where the fuck where you with your head when you eliminated Mushroom Gladiators huh? It is all your fault we are out.

Seriously Exalt, as pointed out, you lost 2 matches to Spiral, let me repeat that, you lost 2 matches to Spiral, let me repeat that you lost 2 matches to spiral, let me repeat that you lost 2 matches to spiral.

I don't give a flying fuck about your basing line in week 4, you didn't play them in week 4 in basing. Spiral beat you when they played you, twice. Would they have played wbs and you won? It would be 2-1. Tough luck that you had to play them in javs instead of wbs. You are out, go take your pillow and cry your tears in there. In potential, Mushroom Gladiators had one of the strongest, if not strongest basing line, and we would have been able to compete enough in wbs and javs to make it through this shifting. Guess what, people didn't show, boo fucking hoo. We could be raising hell about scheduling, hell the 1pm make up basing game was like the worst possible time for us, but we didn't complain.

Seriously, get over it.
                                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X