Twdt 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
    are you kidding me? TW staff is straight dictatorship, if someone offers an idea and staff doesnt agree with it, they get put on the ?ignore list. The idea ends there
    really? who exactly do you propose your ideas to? because i have helped some people pitch shit to pl before. he accepts any and all ideas. now if its not a well thought out well founded and well written idea, of course it will get turned down. but he reads them all no matter how stupid they are nor how retarded the person suggesting them is. if i can SOLO revive this league, and mbananas and dald can take over BWC, just about anything is possible with enough drive.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Izor keeps his ego for the trash talk threads and the battlefield. Why assume he's always like that. I doubt his attitude will be like that during TWDT time. Even during your conversation with him all you did was keep repeating "you have an ego" "you have an ego" still he didnt flip out.
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

alright
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
          i see no need to insult here, i am merely defending myself from your attack. this isn't a thread for petty differences, it is a thread for proactivity and improvement of twdt. please leave your mudslinging aside. staff doesn't tend to favor me either and i am not staff (we had major issues with left_eye (whom i really think is a terrible staffer) flaking out on his organizational duties as event coordinator), but i spearheaded this league with enough fire and passion last time to resurrect it (that is not targeted at you exalt). dwopple these people you speak of who have good ideas but don't get them implemented due to biases against them....i would love to meet them. i am not a fan of complacent people. if you want something and you got enough passion, then go do it. those people obviously don't want to help that bad or else they would be pushing their ideas so much so that maybe i would have heard of them. if izor has the drive to want to put some ideas into motion, by all means lets hear what he has to say. and even then i have heard a little bit of their plan and it seems this is going to be governed by a board with representation from all leagues rather than just wark/izor...which has its +'s and -'s
          I already admitted I think it was good that you revived TWDT and did a pretty decent job of it, but I noted that you said you don't have the time to run it, and so I questioned your motives after you seemed to have changed your mind again. I saw your post stating "you know nothing, I ran a league while you didn't" as an insult because it could not be further from the truth. It was a type of argumental statement to try to discredit my opinions, and so I had to tell you that you are wrong, and don't try such a low blow tactic. If you don't like my opinions then fine, but don't try telling me I am ignorant of the things you have to do to run a league. I already stated you had done a pretty decent job, and what I was trying to avoid was a conflict with it. I just did not see how you could have stated you didn't have time and didn't want to run the league the next season, but then change your mind (or so I thought you were doing at the time) by stating you now WOULD run it. I misread what you were getting at, and for that I already apologized. Just don't try giving me the run around when I know far more than you would think about what staff do, what how leagues are run, and the time and effort that are involved in such endeavors.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Actually I do plan on running the entire league, schedules and all, Izor is going to be one of the other league ops, so is Ardour. I plan on bringing other people in for other aspects of the league so don't have a heart attack.

Ardour - Website guy, he is letting us use TWLM to do values for the TWDT site which will be better than stars when it comes to players true values in the league, also this way we can just give each captain X dollars to start with for trading and whatnot.

Izor - Knows a lot about sports, knows a lot about leagues, league structure, league rules, and because he spends so much time trying to find loopholes in the rules he knows how to make sure the league rules aren't abusable. Also, he is probably one of the best judges of warbird skill in TW.

Myself - Staff for five years, many many contributions to the zone, I have played leagues for several years, and been a part of them through my article writing. I know about most things in this zone, I have connections with both players and staff to get things done.

--

So I don't see how this is a bad start, I have just mentioned the three that are on board right now, and if any baser/javs who really really knows what he is talking about in terms of baser/javs values, and who is also intelligent enough to add some ideas, and be able to explain potential problems with the way the league is being rewritten, then by all means please contact us.

--

Also I think that it would be pretty hard to cheat for our squad on here.. if anything we over rate them and they are a higher value than they should be, but that only hurts their chances of being recruited. I don't think personal bias will become a problem in the way things in the league will be ran.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Oh and for everyone who thinks Izor wouldn't do a good job here, he knows how to set priorities, he might talk shit to everyone, but when it comes down to something like running a league he will never be biased with a decision.

The same goes for me with the fact that I am on Staff and still a "part" of a group of players that most people see as bad. I wouldn't have made it as long as I did on staff without knowing that when I am on my staff name, that staff comes before anything else.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                Also I think that it would be pretty hard to cheat for our squad on here.. if anything we over rate them and they are a higher value than they should be, but that only hurts their chances of being recruited. I don't think personal bias will become a problem in the way things in the league will be ran.
                not saying it will be an issue, just the most easily foreseeable thing that would arise at this point. i will await any advancements in terms of rules/structure before i comment, and if you plan on using the twdt site and want an admin account and a quick guide on how to run it, just yell and i will hook you up.
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Probably going to be a combination of using the TWDT site and the TWLM site, and hopefully ardour. And I don't plan on doing anything on the websites besides creating the squads, adding in the players, and setting values when needed. Ardour ftw.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

BTW, its ironic dwopple that I'm immature and yet you're banned for spamming me in TWL...
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      BTW, its ironic dwopple that I'm immature and yet you're banned for spamming me in TWL...
                      lol, you were already out of the game with your 5-10

lol
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Can we move this to "Trash Talk" yet?

Also hooray for TWDT coming back. I think having 2 warbirds give ratings out would be pretty fail. Although last season's ratings were pretty awful, to be honest.
                        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Yo, read what I said, I plan on getting javs and basers together to give ratings to those players.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Why would a panel comprised of 2 players do ratings for all the tourny's players? Does that make common sense to you?
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

captainize me
                              (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                              (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

few words of advice:

SPLIT THE LEAGUES.

It's hard enough for a three league-squad to be successful and to stay around in TWD/TWL, which makes it nearly impossible to get a bigger amount of draft-teams that manage to do the same.
                                Since it's nearly impossible to pick a team that can challenge in all three leagues, a captain usually goes for 1 or 2 leagues anyhow; and as a result those few 'good' wbs/javs/basers that get stuck on a 'weak' team in their division, will just give up.
                                I'd say split into a wb-javs draft-league and a basing draft-league. You can do them in a row, or both at the same time. Also with enough people signing up, you could get more teams this way, or better balanced teams (if you pick the right people to be captain).
                                Also you might wanna limit the amount of players someone can pick from his own TWD/TWL-squad, and maybe even from the same TWD/TWL-squad.)
                                If you wanna use ratings, go with the twlm website (if it's any good), if you have to use the retarded star-system of last season, just don't use anything. Also no stupid salary-cap, and also no trading or any bullshit that just unnecessarily complicates the league.

I still always hope a draft-league will once be a success, but they somehow always seem to fail due to the people who play this game..

Comment

Working...
                                X