TWDT 09 Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apocalypse WOW! View Post
    Oh, and why don't you let i.d. make her own case here instead of using how great at 3 leagues she is as an excuse to attack me?
    There is a lot of push for i.d. to captain instead of a various set of people, but she has remained silent. I have kinda been waiting for her to make her own case if she really wants to cap. And most criticisms so far have been defamations of character and not actual attacks on capabilities. I don't particularly get along with all of the people that I assigned to captainship all of the time. I mean you can ask jaa, I yelled at him many a time last year for constantly pestering and annoying me. Not to mention jaa is immature at times, but he was the most successful captain last year. Attack capabilities and experience rather than insults on character. You should be prepared to play for someone and with people who you don't necessarily enjoy being around. That's part of TWDT playing with people whom you don't usually and interacting with new people.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

dam wtf? take pirates to their only LB final my first season as cap and i get nothin? weak
      zidane> big play
      Omega Red> dwop sick
      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
        There is a lot of push for i.d. to captain instead of a various set of people, but she has remained silent. I have kinda been waiting for her to make her own case if she really wants to cap. And most criticisms so far have been defamations of character and not actual attacks on capabilities. I don't particularly get along with all of the people that I assigned to captainship all of the time. I mean you can ask jaa, I yelled at him many a time last year for constantly pestering and annoying me. Not to mention jaa is immature at times, but he was the most successful captain last year. Attack capabilities and experience rather than insults on character. You should be prepared to play for someone and with people who you don't necessarily enjoy being around. That's part of TWDT playing with people whom you don't usually and interacting with new people.
        I.d. clearly lacks experience, we've just got one fanboy from her squad writing essays on this forum. She's been captaining for evil for a few months and has uhhh brief stint with Quicksand. That doesn't say much. I on the hand have been captaininf for 6 years in TW and made the TWLD finals last year and I was a big reason as jaa said that his TWDT squad was so successful last year. (They made all three leagues in finals).

Anyways, Patrick, you mentioned a lot 'push' for i.d. for captain. These people overwhelmingly share one thing in common. They are all on Evil. Duh... Hmm.... Wonder what that means...

Anyways, once again my squad is #1 or close to it in every league.
        I advised jaa's top5squad to reach finals in every league and win basing.
        Also, I'm a TWLD finalist.

If the best people can do when arguing against the reason I should be captain is say the same old cliche 'ignite pays people.' I'd like to say 'gg'.
        Last edited by ignite ignite; 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by not in game View Post
          yo ignite, like I said, I have nothing against you. I didn't mean for you to take offense. You can't deny that there is a rather large number of players who dislike you.

Though, after reading

I agree with that, and thus remove all my qualms about having ignite as captain. and no, there is no sarcasm in that statement.
          appreciate it, wesley.

Comment

I haven't attempted to make a case because the way I see it, what is making a case going to do? I make a case and I get someone's captain position, resulting in someone not being too happy with me or I make my case and I don't get captain, resulting in me making a case for nothing. I've been told by a couple of people to make a post here though, so.. I said I was willing to be a captain and I didn't get picked, so someone must have thought that these other people were far more suited than me. I can't say that I agree with all of the people picked, but who knows? It still may make for an interesting TWDT. I enjoy playing all 3 leagues but I would not consider myself to be good enough in all 3 to call myself a 3 league player. However, I do think that I have a bit better of an understanding in all 3 leagues than some of these captains do, I won't say any names because I'm not here to put anyone down for what they may or may not know about the game or their knowledge of other players. I definitely plan on at least participating, whether it's as a captain or just a player. Either way, I'm sure this round of TWDT is bound to be a good one and with any luck it should make the game that much more fun to play. :gap:
            3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
            -----
            Domi> hello cuti-pies
            Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
            Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
            -----
            i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
            Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
            -----
            Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
              Anyways, Patrick, you mentioned a lot 'push' for i.d. for captain. These people overwhelmingly share one thing in common. They are all on Evil. Duh... Hmm.... Wonder what that means...

Anyways, once again my squad is #1 or close to it in every league.
              I advised jaa's top5squad to reach finals in every league and win basing.
              Also, I'm a TWLD finalist.

If the best people can do when arguing against the reason I should be captain is say the same old cliche 'ignite pays people.' I'd like to say 'gg'.
              ignite, most of them are not on evil, actually the only ones that are are me and creature, and i'm not saying she should be captain because I am on evil, I have known i.d.i.o.t. since before you even knew what subspace was

the point being, I already stated you are a good captain for quake obviously, no one can deny that, but when 90% of trenchwars hates you, and the only real claim to fame you have is that you paid players to join your squad for you, its pretty obvious you are a bad choice for TWDT captain

summa, I don't see how you can even think captaining him when most of the players on the forums say don't do it, except for the few people on quake

Ignite, be honest here. No one knew or cared about you before quake, and no one joined quake or paladen before that til the word got out you paid players to join... with that type of reputation you should already hang your head in shame, but apparently top8 college students are too ignorant?

jaa was a captain of quake, so of course he will support you for captain, but if no one plays for you then how does that help the league?

I also realize everyone's stance on saying "if they refuse to play fuck them" type thing, but you can't put the most hated person in trenchwars as a captain and expect good results in that category. You mine as well have vys as the new head staffer for cheating calls. I just think its ignorant to let him captain over people that are clearly more qualified and liked a hell of a lot more, and do not have stigmas attached to their names.

TWDT was a success last season because you had players interested in playing finally, and you had players as captains who were not hated. You put ignite down on that list and things might get iffy, just my two cents. Also, his claim to fame being "i took my squad to LD finals" is a joke when you realize he paid all his players to join. If I made a squad and paid all the powerhouse players to join, I definitely would win every league, not lose in the finals in one of them. Ignite is a disgrace to the game in the first place, so don't let him get more false ego by letting him ruin TWDT too.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                and you had players as captains who were not hated.
                I don't mean this as an insult in any way, this is actually a stab at myself moreso, but I assigned dreamwin, vys, and thix as captain last twdt....
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                  I don't mean this as an insult in any way, this is actually a stab at myself moreso, but I assigned dreamwin, vys, and thix as captain last twdt....
                  I mean maybe I'm wrong, but ignite is pretty hated. I guess I don't really care cuz I know he won't draft me unless he wants to do it and make me sit on the bench all season, thus trying to piss me off. Other then that, I just know a lot of people will not like him as their captain. Vys and dreamwin are not really hated nearly as much, and I was on dreamwin's team last season. Thix I don't know so much about. I just know ignite does not have too many fans.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Loool I love how Exalt types these essays up that noone even reads because whenever he tries to make a logical argument it's akin to the IQ of a ham sandwich. I could get a better opinion from this white ceiling above me.

As if Exalt's opinion matters to anyone enough for him to be an important arbiter in a situation. He's self-important. That's about it. Anyways, I've already made a more than sufficient case for myself. So I advise anyone that questions my ability to captain to read my previous posts because this thread is pretty much dead except for Exalt's failing attempts to make a coherent argument against me. What a cutie!

Comment

Loool I love how Exalt types these essays up that noone even reads because whenever he tries to make a logical argument it's akin to the IQ of a ham sandwich. I could get a better opinion from this white ceiling above me.
                      the time it took you to think of some bad ham sandwhich argument I had typed that essay

I can type a 10 page essay in 5 minutes bro, way smarter then you ever will be mr top8 college
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                        the time it took you to think of some bad ham sandwhich argument I had typed that essay

I can type a 10 page essay in 5 minutes bro, way smarter then you ever will be mr top8 college
                        Ah, yes. We can all tell that you're a man of supreme intellect, superb speed, and incredible abs. Just look at his tw gallery!

Comment

Ah, yes. We can all tell that you're a man of supreme intellect, superb speed, and incredible abs. Just look at his tw gallery!
                          just look at yours, quit stalking my tw gallery you psychotic faggot

and yes, I am smarter then you ignite

money can't buy you IQ buddy
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Let dwop captain for dr or apoc
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

. Anyways, I've already made a more than sufficient case for myself.
                              Not really. Every post you make lowers your chances of being a captain and concludes the fact that you are not captain material.

Comment

This is almost becoming a Trash Talk thread.

Everyone, just let Summa do his thing.

Could you like, remove all the non-constructive bashing posts?
                                -not in game

Comment

Working...
                                X