TWDT 09 Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 09 Captains

I received 16 applications for captainship up to this point for 8 open spots. Pure_Luck rescinded his offer later, leaving me with 15 people who offered to captain.

Here are the captains that I have currently selected (They are debatable and if you disagree with some selections then please voice your opinion and why someone else should cap instead). These are not set in stone yet, but I will have the captains finalized by Friday, so voice your opinion now.

Captains:
    Jaa - returning due to past success
    Burnt - returning due to past success
    Creature
    Dead_Rain
    Draft
    Ignite
    Ardour
    i.d.

Other candidates who applied/alternates:
    Geio
    Thix
    Hypocrit
    Zizzo
    spikey
    Ison
    cash.MONay
    PjOtTeR
    Lofty
    scoop
    Last edited by Summa; 05-28-2009, 05:14 PM.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

I suggest capping

I.d. instead of Apocalypse WOW!

Reasoning:

1.) Proven leadership abilities on Evil for I.d.
    2.) Sufficient 3 league knowledge to captain all three leagues.
    3.) Lack of 3 league knowledge by Apocalypse WOW!
    4.) Most active TWD player (http://www.twdivisions.org/?v=stats&...games&sLimit=0)

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
      I suggest capping

I.d. instead of Apocalypse WOW!

Reasoning:

1.) Proven leadership abilities on Evil for I.d.
      2.) Sufficient 3 league knowledge to captain all three leagues.
      3.) Lack of 3 league knowledge by Apocalypse WOW!
      4.) Most active TWD player (http://www.twdivisions.org/?v=stats&...games&sLimit=0)
      agreed, and I.D. plays all 3 leagues and knows players far better then that player

Also, no creature no victory!
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

i agree that i.d. should replace someone there, but not apoc. apoc's a sensible guy and should stay a cap. i think draft should be removed due to mental retardation though.
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Not doing that whole 'sub captain who isn't sufficient' thing again, please remove me from the list.

Comment

Guess we know who I'm not drafting. I'll pick one hell of a team, thanks.
            3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

hey i'd like to say that dr and i are now co-captaining our twdt squad, thanks.

besides draft i can see everyone else being dedicated enough to cap their squads well.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

jesus christ what are you doing

remove dead_rain and draft
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Draft will do good. Put him as captain.
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Draft is more committed and will do better than either WoW! or Dead_Rain.

Reasoning:

1.) kid plays 24/7
                    2.) plays jav and base alot, knows everyone there. has enough knowledge of warbirds to differentiate better than D_R or Apocalypse WOW!
                    3.) cares more about his ego and his glory than anyone else here so definately will put in the effort to get his players to come to the games and win for him so he can claim CAPTAIN OF TWDT TEAM AND WINNER.

End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                      i agree that i.d. should replace someone there, but not apoc. apoc's a sensible guy and should stay a cap. i think draft should be removed due to mental retardation though.

Lets be serious for a sec here, apoc knows whats going on in basing only, players that are jav/wb would rip on him for sure the second he does something wrong.

As for me, I know you hate me but it shouldnt be a reason for you to put me down as captain. I've helped out ease enough with thunder throughout the season to know what I am doing as captain.

I know what I am doing in all 3 leagues, most players in all 3 leagues would recognize me.
                      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                        Lets be serious for a sec here, apoc knows whats going on in basing only, players that are jav/wb would rip on him for sure the second he does something wrong.

As for me, I know you hate me but it shouldnt be a reason for you to put me down as captain. I've helped out ease enough with thunder throughout the season to know what I am doing as captain.

I know what I am doing in all 3 leagues, most players in all 3 leagues would recognize me.
                        I appreciate your obvious concern for my feelings. I've already got one (soon two) assists picked out from those divisons who will be advising me. Just because "Thunder" isn't in my roster history doesn't mean I won't put together an excellent team. So pick your team and I'll pick mine. If we're judging depth of knowledge I'd say I've got close to the best knowledge of basing of the caps, although with jeeny promising himself to D_R I might be at a disadvantage there.
                        3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see cash.monay given a chance. Hmm.. yeah. Take out creature.

Comment

On a more serious note. Let Apocalypse Wow! captain, it's good to have captains with knowledge from all the separate leagues. It will help create parity in the league. He's one of the most active basers and I vouch for him. Right now, we only have dead_rain as a baser identifiable captain, so let Apocalypse Wow! do his thing.

Comment

lol, dont cap draft if u want good league.

Zizzo instead of draft.
                              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...