No announcement yet.

TWDT Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there wasnt rating systems, that was the mistake.

5 days? I appreciate your work, but i'm pretty sure a successful league takes more then 5 days preperation
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

chill it ciggy. there's alot more than meets the eye and there's plenty of going for this. they're working for a future in the league as far as it being ran past the first season. consider this first time around... testing the waters, because i'm pretty sure that everything has already been covered, measured, and cut to proportions but certain particulars were set to storage for future unravaling.

there's already alot of pressure on this guy who's ALMOST doing it on his own so chillax, and maybe you can lend a hand instead of telling them what they already know. =)

Comment

If they already knew what i'm saying, then why did they still do it? Why would they make idiots captains? I mean for example.

I love cripple as a player, and actualy i get along with him great, but we all know about 90% of TW people dont. We also know how his additude is and how he acts. Why would you even consider him for a manager?

Same with Vys. I like this guy alot and always a great time when we are together, but the fact is look @ the squads he startd in the past year alone. How many lived past a few weeks? How many did anything else other then warbird?

Jaa : whos jaa?

I might come off as a dick the way i present things, but im saying it truthfuly and just wondering what they were thinking. Maybe some ppl like mega89 and hercules and these guys dont wanna be Draft captains, but i'm sure we coulda found a few who were more qualified for the jobs such as DW and Scoop. As much as a fag that scoop is, atleast he has experience as cap with a 3 league squad, and DW with 2 leagues.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

* cap pretty much set in stone @ 220, applications are way way down so i think that i can finally set it pretty solidly. minimum roster size set at 30 (there are only 25 rds to the draft forcing the caps into free agency). and there are a few other fixes and rules i added to make things run more smoothly and to allow me to govern as i see fit.
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

cig is right, this thing is being rushed into, because some ppl are afraid if something doesn't happen soon, the population in tw will degrees even faster.. however rushing into a draft league, with questionable captains, a weak rating system, weak rules, no website etc, will make chances for succes VERY VERY slim, especially when you take past draftleagues into account..

w/e i'm drunk.

Comment

hey bram :wub:
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

hi!

i survived another morning at work.. 3 hours cycling, 1 in the pouring rain, which was actually very welcome to me since nothing kills your drunken state better than rain.

now i'm gonna take a hot shower and sleep a bit and then back to work.

/blog

Comment

You must of been drunk bram.... You agreed with me
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I am going to be putting heavy work into editing these rules while I am home for christmas since I don't exactly have exorbitant amounts of time at school, so please give me your input. They have been updated as of now I am going to copy/paste the things I have changed from the previous rules here:

-Players cannot quit their team to join the Waiver List; they must be dropped by their captain. A captain, after the Free Agency lock will be allowed to replace a player on his/her roster who is deemed inactive (not even showing up to any matches) for 2 or more weeks for someone of equal or lesser * value.

-Trades will be locked at the same time that free agency is: Friday at midnight before the 2nd week of competition.

-TWDT will run 7 weeks of Regular season where you will play each opposing team in each league. After week 7 the teams will be organized into a standard 8 team tournament bracket based on standings in each league. The teams will play until a champion in each league is declared as well as an overall champion.

-The playoff system will be as follows for each individual league.
                    Code:
                    1_______
                                    Winner 1v8
                    8_______
                    				_______
                    4_______
                                    Winner 4v5
                    5_______
                    						Champion
                    2_______
                                    Winner 2v7
                    7_______
                    			 	_______
                    3_______
                                    Winner 3v6
                    6_______
                    -Maps for all arenas will have slight variations that will change every TWDT to create a similar yet ever-changing arena each season to test players' true skills.

-* cap to be lowered to 200 or less

- Admission into TWDT will be locked on the Friday prior to week 1 of the regular season. Ample time and the in-game adverts for the draft will have been supplied to players in order to register.

- In order to pick up a free agent a captain must start a thread. In this thread they will start a bid. The minimum amount to bid is 4*'s. Any other cap who wants that player or wants to be an ass and not let the opposing team have them can attempt to outbid. Once an offer sits uncontested for 48 hrs, it will be finalized. Threads can only be started Monday through Thursday, and will close at midnight EST Friday (Forum time: any post after midnight forum time or edited after midnight will be considered void).

- If a captain releases a player from their team they will lose 2*s from their *cap. And that player will not be allowed to join the same team.

-In the result of teams with the same records at the end of the regular season will be differentiated in rank for the playoffs by +/-.

That is all for 1 night of work.

Also I am contemplating making TWDT a continuous event that will just restart a couple of weeks after it ends. New teams will be drafted and the process will just repeat. Thoughts on that would be appreciated as well. Also list some of the issues that occurred last season that weren't bot/technical and I will do my best to find ways to resolve them.

Peace: Humid
                    Last edited by Summa; 12-14-2008, 04:09 PM.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

some rule adjustments have been made, the above post is more in depth than this one.

ratings are changing from 1-10 to 3-30 and players will be rated in each league. the main source of material to base these decisions on will be the past 2 twls and the past twdt

appealing your ratings: you can't appeal your own, but you can appeal someone else's and have it reconsidered by the committee

aside from that there are only minor changes as of today, will be working more...the big overhauling changes are listed in the above post.

Also, committee volunteers are now being accepted.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

current minor updates: ranking rules have been adjusted and clarified, but not finalized

there are new rules regarding the 6* rule, you must now play a 6* or lower in every match and a player can only play in a maximum of 2 leagues a week

some work on extraneous circumstances and consequences was done, nothing major.

more adjustments and notifications to come

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                          TWDT will run 7 weeks of Regular season where you will play each opposing team in each league. After week 7 the teams will be organized into a standard 8 team tournament bracket based on standings in each league. The teams will play until a champion in each league is declared as well as an overall champion.
                          If all the teams make the playoffs, doesn't that make the regular season pointless? Also if everything is based on the standings in each league then you're giving captains motivation to pick teams designed to excel in one league instead of a balanced team in all three leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                            If all the teams make the playoffs, doesn't that make the regular season pointless? Also if everything is based on the standings in each league then you're giving captains motivation to pick teams designed to excel in one league instead of a balanced team in all three leagues.
                            hrm, fixing later tonight when i do more rule edits

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

-TWDT will run 7 weeks of Regular season where you will play each opposing team in each league. After week 7 the teams will be organized into 3 standard 6 team tournament brackets, one for each league, based upon their composite standings. The first and second ranked team receive a first round bye. The teams will play until a champion in each league is declared as well as an overall champion. Teams will receive the same rank, which they earned from their composite regular season score, in each of the separate league tournaments.

-The playoff system will be as follows for each individual league.
                              Code:
                              4_______
                                              1 vs. Winner 4v5
                              5_______
                              		                             _______
                                                                                                  Champion
                              		                             _______
                              3_______
                                              2 vs Winner 3v6
                              6_______

-In the event that teams have the same records at the end of the regular season, they will be differentiated in rank for the playoffs by +/-. Basing will also be judged on a 50 point scale for +/-, based upon the following grounds: 15:00 is the winning score in basing, which is equivalent to 900 seconds, 900(seconds)/50(parts)= 18. Each 18 seconds positive or negative counts as 1 point +/-. Judgment will be done on your COMPOSITE +/-.

These are the current substantial changes for today, a few minor tweaks in other places

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                                Also I am contemplating making TWDT a continuous event that will just restart a couple of weeks after it ends. New teams will be drafted and the process will just repeat. Thoughts on that would be appreciated as well. Also list some of the issues that occurred last season that weren't bot/technical and I will do my best to find ways to resolve them.
                                Sounds good. Just to clear things up-

When you say 'new teams', you're talking about revamping each team from the season before and starting new teams from scratch?

OR

Do you mean you're going to expand and throw in additional teams (maybe 2 more to make 10) in order to justify a regular season and accommodate for extra unsigned players? That'd be cool.

AND

The idea of starting over again after only two weeks is a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X