TWDT Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summa View Post
    that is actually a great idea...i think i will make it 20 to be a round number and add it....i am not sure tho...i feel bad adding rules after the draft...i will make the decision on it by tmrw.
    don't add anymore rules about it

all 8 of the captains should of known about this and drafted some 6 * potentially good players

if you did so, you would have no problem adding it to a 7*+ to any player
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
      one of two choices:

1. just let it be exploited. it's not THAT big a deal, if everyone can do it.
      2. make it so subsequent bids have to be at least 1* higher in EACH category. meaning, 4/4/4/12 --> next lowest bid has to be 5/5/5/15. this will get complicated and use up a lot of stars.

I would make a small addition to this. Instead of having every category go up, only the ones that were bid upon above 4. So if someone bids 4/4/4/12, you could bid anything, but if someone bids 4/5/4/13, you could only bid 4/6/4/14 at the minimum. If someone bids 5/5/5/15 though, you'd have to bid 6/6/6/18 at the minimum. I think this would work slightly better, because not every FA is a 3 league star.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

i decided to implement freddie's rule, i think it is a wonderful idea and solution to a problem that will definitely arise in the future and a nice catch that i didn't foresee.

If a bid reaches 20*s or greater the player automatically qualifies as over the 6* rule in every league.

sorry for adjusting after the draft, but i feel it is a necessity
        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
        Originally posted by kthx
        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Can you sub your 6* player after the game has started ?

Comment

here's another idea if it's possible. could we set up bots in the twdt arenas and hook some bots up to a database with our draft league rosters on them. that way we could practice with our draft league squads. i think it might add something interesting to the mix as well as improve tw's activity and the overall quality of draft leagues.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

good idea jeeny !!!
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Can someone bid for me? I would like to take part please.... Thanks :P

Ps Even if I suck, I can be the squad mascot ^^
                A flower cannot blossom without sunshine nor a garden without love

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                  here's another idea if it's possible. could we set up bots in the twdt arenas and hook some bots up to a database with our draft league rosters on them. that way we could practice with our draft league squads. i think it might add something interesting to the mix as well as improve tw's activity and the overall quality of draft leagues.
                  thats very hard to do, the bot work necessary won't finish in time most likely, although I love the idea....maybe a goal for next season?

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

make a simple rule saying that if a cap wants to bid on someone they should put the name in the title. would make it a bit easier

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      make a simple rule saying that if a cap wants to bid on someone they should put the name in the title. would make it a bit easier
                      Agreed here.
                      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                      3:Shadowmere> LOL
                      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                      Shadowmere> Rofl
                      Up in ya !> With his feet
                      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                      Up in ya !> l44t feet
                      Deft> l44t f44t*
                      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Wow.. you guys pretty much copy/pasted the rules I made for EGDL, eh?

RULES: http://www.extreme-games.net/league/....php?f=7&t=926

SITE (not updated in a year): http://egdl.egleagues.com/

Nice to see that all my hard work is now being used for Trench Wars! Or are the rules just a striking coincidence to EGs Draft League rules?

.... Bah.

I'm OK with it, but it would have been nice if someome just wrote myself or Lee with a little message of: "Hey, can I use this?"

But anyway, your league should be fun! Huge success in EG. It gets the noobies playing with vets, so the noobs learn how to play, and the vets get to play with other vets that they hardly know, creating bonds and friendships. It's all good stuff! GL with your league.

Comment

Lol arue. TWDT has run a few times before, last one last year.

The rules were made up back then, modified to remove loopholes (never was perfect) and adopted to this year's league with a few more modifications.

I would bet TWDT was before EGDT and that your rules have had no impact to our league's rules at all.
                          3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                          3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                          3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                          3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                          3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                          3:Shadowmere> LOL
                          3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                          Shadowmere> Rofl
                          Up in ya !> With his feet
                          Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                          Up in ya !> l44t feet
                          Deft> l44t f44t*
                          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                          Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                            Lol arue. TWDT has run a few times before, last one last year.

The rules were made up back then, modified to remove loopholes (never was perfect) and adopted to this year's league with a few more modifications.

I would bet TWDT was before EGDT and that your rules have had no impact to our league's rules at all.
                            i think they've had their league much longer than we did- but i still doubt anything was intentionally copied. it's no surprise that two attempts of success at the same objective only yields the same results.

Comment

These will be fixed and finalized within the next 48 hours.

An interesting addition that you may want to note: The resolution cap will be lifted. I believe TW's current max res is 1600x1400 or 1600x1200, I will make sure to have figured it out, but feel free to crank ur res up as high as you want for TWDT arenas.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                                These will be fixed and finalized within the next 48 hours.

An interesting addition that you may want to note: The resolution cap will be lifted. I believe TW's current max res is 1600x1400 or 1600x1200, I will make sure to have figured it out, but feel free to crank ur res up as high as you want for TWDT arenas.
                                i know i sent a pm suggesting this. others probably did as well. was it an idea that was being thrown around from the getgo?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X